Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 28 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 26, 2014 10:52am | Report
ICEN wrote:

snip

I agree that his ultimate can be some unfair ********, but that describes a good 90% of the game. I could say how its ******** that Aphro can be hit by a Thantos ult gank and laugh at it, AND kill Thanatos AND his laner WHILE remaining at full health, ALL with a lower cooldown than an Thanatos ult.

I do agree that his ultimate, in its current state, is unfun. I agree that its ********, and its dead easy to hit with (ahahahahaha). And the purpose of this thread is to remove such ********, so I say let's go with this.

I'll say I think you're exaggerating his strength, tho. Like, healing or no healing, Thanatos is still a squishnugget, and unlike Mercury or other assassins, he doesn't hand an escape OR immediate CC. Like, if an enemy He Bo is beating on your ***, that delay on your silence WILL kill you, and unlike other gods, you can't dash out of range.

The slow immunity isn't that great, either. I mean, yeah, it ****s up gods like Ao pretty well, and now Zeus, I guess, but pretty much every other god can get over it.

His greatest strength, in ganking, is the silence-nuke combo, which does hurt a lot, but the damage does fall off and he can't reposition you like Mercury, nor can he nuke you like Ne Zha can. He does rely a lot on his ultimate to secure kills, which I think is the problem. The lack of repositioning CC is the biggest problem with him, and even when silenced, gods can just run away to their tower, their minions, or their team - and Death Scythe is easily bodyblocked.

And as I mentioned, when his damage falls off (around mid game), EVERYTHING HE DOES falls off. That takes care of pretty much all of your complaints, including healing and the 100-0-ing.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 26, 2014 10:53am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I agree with ICEN even if he falls of late game his combo is killing a squishy with a 4-1-3 nd the bad thing as mage you can't do anything then basic attack before the silence is gone your most likely death by his 2 (or you got killed by his 3)

btw ICEN dodging depends on you know how close thana is and you have a good escape ready.

Can't escape when silenced, and Thana has good early ability burst.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 26, 2014 10:53am | Report

I really don't get why Hi-rez gave an ultimate that is clearly designed to finish people of a stun -_-

This is HiRez we're talking about.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 26, 2014 10:56am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

snip

Penta, I do agree that ICEN is exaggerating somewhat, but at the same time, I say you're underestimating Thanatos a bit. Escapes don't really do much good against his ult. As a rank 7 Thanatos player, I'll say that if the Thanatos misses, you either got lucky and used your escape right as he dove, or the Thanatos can't aim.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » August 26, 2014 1:03pm | Report
As a rank 9 Thanatos....I agree with everything here......even though I would hate Than being reworked as he's my child, xD,I have to say this.

Thanatos sucks mid-game late-game.
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 26, 2014 5:56pm | Report
Ah Thanatos. THE GOD THAT MAKES ME CRY IN JOY WHEN I USE HIM AND IN PAIN WHEN USED AGAINST ME.
People who have played with me have probably figured out, I'm not that good. However any given day, any given match, and at any given time, I can go something such as 22-1 or 16-8.
Smite difficulty is complete bs, any person with a quarter of a brain cell can use Thanatos and become nearly unkillable.

In my opinion, he has way too much advantages.
1. He can kill anyone he runs into period unless they are good with attacks such as Mummify, and even then a quick bead use turns the tides completely.
2. It doesn't matter if he's behind, he has so much damage and sustain he doesn't need to farm.
3. Also mentioned above. His sustain is ridiculous. I can use all my attacks 5 or 6 times on assault and still have mana to spare.
4. His ultimate instant kills at low health, which I am ok with. It's actually very easy to dodge. What pisses me off is the stun. Trying out strategies with him, I was fighting Artemis. She would ult me, then use that increased attack speed thing and wipe me off the planet. So, all I had to do was: Ultimate. Silence. Death Scythe then dead.
5. I really don't like his Scent of Death. He gains increased speed. Ok that's fine. But he gains TWICE(!) the speed to someone who is already about to die. Also if he's going to be twice as fast why the heck is he immune to slows... At least add some counter.
6. He has every tool in the book which I know cannot be said for other assassins. He has a slow, a stun, lifesteal, a silence, increased attack speed, immune to slows, increased movement speed, and an instant kill. No one else has such tools in their arsenal.

So I think at least a few of these tools should be removed. The fact that he is an utility god who has EVERY SINGLE TOOL at his disposal is what pisses me off most.
Though this is a poorly thought out rant so let me know if you have any assassins who have as many (8) tools as he does.

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 26, 2014 9:50pm | Report
I think Aphro, Vamana, and Ullr should go on the list.

Edit: Items, too. Hide of the Nemean Lion, Midgardian Mail, the Void items, Adventurer's Blade, Winged Blade, Brawler's Beat Stick, Golden Bow, Hydra's Lament, Heavy Hammer, Soul Eater, and a few others items that are pure trash that no one uses ever.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 26, 2014 10:11pm | Report

I think Hydra's is pretty good. If you remove it you kinda **** Loki over.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 26, 2014 10:16pm | Report
I love Hydra's Lament. I use it on Wukong and it is absolutely amazing. Most people underestimate it, and I have no idea why.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 27, 2014 12:16am | Report
Can someone tell me one thing that I always wanted to know....

When Thanatos ults from far away does it show up on wards?

I must be blind if it shows him on the wards because I swear even when I place wards I cannot see him when he is ulting, unless he is somehow managing to sneak around my ward with his ult.

Oh ya that's the other thing.... good luck dodging a thanatos ult when he already ulted 100 feet away then lands on top of you and you have no way to see it coming.

:D

Do you guys want to know why I am mad about Thanatos?

It really is his ult being able to kill you without the 40% HP that is why I am mad at Hamatos.

Because when he came out Hi-Rez clearly told us that his ult would either get him a kill or get him killed but its anything but that, its basically he gets a kill and if your not dead when he ults he usually still gets the kill anyways....

I just dislike that Hi-Rez lied and made it seem as though if Thanatos does not instant kill you below 40% Hp that Thanatos will die when its not the case.

He makes me mad because he is the only ******* that can pop his ult 100 feet away so you can't hear it and then kill your *** from no where and you just want to break your face with your own face.

I literally do not cry about any other god in the game, I don't care if I am even facing an annoyingly strong god, but once I get killed by a Thanatos ult that is when I type "FML".

Okay I'm done with THanatos rage now :D

But can someone say if you can see him with wards when he is ulting because every time it seems like I never see him on my wards.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }