Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tips for Playing Solo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Tips for Playing Solo 45 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » July 28, 2019 11:26pm | Report
So, yesterday I tried to play solo and it didn't go so well. Wanted some tips cause maybe it's my build or some mechanic/ matchup I am not conceding to. Like I should just get guardian over attackers blessing?

To begin, how important is "teleport" relic. As Jorm, considering my ULT isn't really "accurate" I just ult'd and used 3 to return to tower faster. For Xing I double leaped and used blink. Did this when enemy left, I cleared wave and returned when next was near my tower. Not much a loss IMO.

Game 1 (Xing Vs Baron): I went w/ Bancroft, he went w/ CPendant and just poked me out. I'd force his ult using my ult. Even after getting Pest he was winning. He got help from his jungler invading my blue (x3) but I prolly could have prevented it by out-clearing.

Game 2 (Xing Vs Horus): I went w/ Stone of Binding + Contagion , he went w/ Runic Shield. I ended up backing off cause he was healing up more than me but twice I got 3 man tower dove (he was in 3man party). Again my blue was invaded but it didn seem to be much a problem.

Game 3 (Jorm Vs Anubis): I went w/ Binding + Oni , he went w/ BC + CPend. Went w/ Oni cause Vulc or Baka kept coming to lane. Should I have got Pest instead? Or just accept it cause no Jung rotations?

(FYI only other solo laner i've played is Zhong, I get Teleport relic on him and start off w/ Warlock stacking. Much better experience than guardians)

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 29, 2019 1:41am | Report
Okay so uhhh...

Jorm in Solo. Your clear is okay, so you should choose Warrior's Blessing over Guardian's Blessing (and I assume you meant Warrior rather than Attacker).

Teleport Glyph is a pretty key relic for Solo unless you have a really good mobility ability (that's NOT an ult). Don't use your ult just to get back to lane. Your Jorm ult is your way to surprise gank another lane, possibly finish an enemy hiding under their tower, get away from a dangerous situation, etc. You're blowing that just to get back to lane, which is bad. Same with Blink Rune and Xing. Don't use it purely to get to lane. You blow a relic with a lot of function just to get a few steps ahead.

What shoes are you getting?

In your first game, Xing Tian shouldn't get Bancroft's Talon. You would have been better served probably going Pestilence, or maybe Genji's Guard or Void Stone. You said he got help from his jungler, but did yours not help at all? That could have been a difference maker, especially preventing you from getting your blue.

In your second game, 3-man dive, again, no help from your teammates? No warnings? I'm not sure who wins that matchup in a true 1v1 with similar skill, but I'd guess it'd be Xing. You should be able to bully him. You've got damage reduction in your 1, your passive gives you HP5 which, I'm going to guess, is going to outheal his heal early game unless you're playing extremely passive. You should be able to hit at least 4-5 minions with it, giving you 12-15 HP5 just from that one ability. It refreshes every time you gain another stack, and you can gain stacks with all 3 of your regular abilities. 36 HP5 at max stacks is basically 2 Horus level 1 heals every 10 seconds, vs. his heal which has a base 16 s CD. Now, getting jumped by 2 others besides him isn't something you can win, but alone, you should probably beat him.

In the 3rd game, I wouldn't have gotten Pest probably. Would mean you'd have to be too close to him all the time to get the effect, and that's dangerous. Just accept he's going to be really good at sustain. I'll maybe suggest that Boogie provide some suggestions for this matchup.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » July 29, 2019 1:56am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Jorm in Solo. Your clear is okay, so you should choose Warrior's Blessing over Guardian's Blessing (and I assume you meant Warrior rather than Attacker).

Yeah I meant Warriors. My clear was good till he got BC online. Then anubis did his things to make me retreat. When he ULT'd I just ult away.

Branmuffin17 wrote:
Teleport Glyph is a pretty key relic for Solo unless you have a really good mobility ability (that's NOT an ult). Don't use your ult just to get back to lane.

Thought behind using Jorm ULT or Xing Blink was since I'm still in T1 laning phase, I'm not going to rotate anywhere. Would just duel it out till the CD was ready to really commit. Against Horus I let him push up before throwing him into tower then rooting, couldn't finish the deal though.

So what you mean "good mobility ability" guess Xing's 3 counts. Jorm moves slow af so even his 25% 3 isnt enough ig. I do like the idea to ULT dive enemy Tower, return to base, teleport back to lane

Branmuffin17 wrote:

Was getting the CDR boots so I'd be at 20% CD w/ boots. Guess I should have gotten travelers, eh?

My jung helped once, after failed gank, arachne tower dove Horus for kill but gave him a kill. 2nd time he ULT'd away w/ no HP and "flew" away for more.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 29, 2019 5:32am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

So, yesterday I tried to play solo and it didn't go so well. Wanted some tips cause maybe it's my build or some mechanic/ matchup I am not conceding to. Like I should just get guardian over attackers blessing?

You can't get Attacker's Blessing in Conquest. As for blessings, the most common is Warrior's Blessing, with a few cases of Mage's Blessing or Guardian's Blessing.

GaseousClay wrote:

To begin, how important is "teleport" relic. As Jorm, considering my ULT isn't really "accurate" I just ult'd and used 3 to return to tower faster.

You should be getting it on most solo laners unless you're a squishy mage or you're someone like Chang'e who can just use her passive to get items, and get Meditation Cloak 1st relic to stay in lane (But she's an exception). As for ulting to lane as Jorm, don't. If you're ganked with your ult down you're going to be a free kill. Also having the ult in lane means you have extra kill potential.

GaseousClay wrote:

Game 1 (Xing Vs Baron): I went w/ Bancroft, he went w/ CPendant and just poked me out. I'd force his ult using my ult. Even after getting Pest he was winning. He got help from his jungler invading my blue (x3) but I prolly could have prevented it by out-clearing.

Don't get Bancroft's on Xing. Start Warrior's Blessing, Druid Stone and health pots if you know you're against Baron in lane, otherwise start Warrior's Blessing, Health Chalice and 5 health pots. Go CDR Boots > Void Stone > Pestilence for your first 3 items. Then rest from there is situational but you need at least 1 dedicated physical item against standard comps and you probably want Pridwen in your build too. For Example: CDR boots > Void Stone > Pestilence > Pridwen > Celestial Helm/Nemean Lion/Spectral > Ethereal Staff. Sell boots for Spirit Robe or something.

GaseousClay wrote:

Game 2 (Xing Vs Horus): I went w/ Stone of Binding + Contagion , he went w/ Runic Shield. I ended up backing off cause he was healing up more than me but twice I got 3 man tower dove (he was in 3man party). Again my blue was invaded but it didn seem to be much a problem.

Items seem fine, I would probably rush Contagion after boots though.

GaseousClay wrote:

Game 3 (Jorm Vs Anubis): I went w/ Binding + Oni , he went w/ BC + CPend. Went w/ Oni cause Vulc or Baka kept coming to lane. Should I have got Pest instead? Or just accept it cause no Jung rotations?

At level 1 against Anubis, ignore wave. Try and fight him before the wave even meets if he's dumb enough to leave tower. (Like as in try and catch him in the jungle if he's not yet in lane - this means wait in the jungle for him and get your starter items quick: Warrior's Blessing, Chalice of Healing and 3 to 5 health pots) You're Jorm so you have a bit of kill potential, more-so if you're like a Osiris/ Bellona or something. But yeah, after that, the items you want are boots > Pestilence > Divine which will shut down most of his healing. After those 3 items you can get Pythagorem's Piece for your own self-sustain. Then rest is situational and 1 dedicated phys defense item.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 29, 2019 5:44am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Teleport Glyph is a pretty key relic for Solo unless you have a really good mobility ability (that's NOT an ult).

Or you're a squishy mage in solo and you would just die to ganks/high pressure. In which case I recommend getting Traveller's Shoes. Maybe if the enemy solo has low kill potential then you could get Teleport Glyph, but for a squishy mage, not really. For Baron Samedi I think you can go either route. But yeah, generally you're right.

Don't use your ult just to get back to lane. Your Jorm ult is your way to surprise gank another lane, possibly finish an enemy hiding under their tower, get away from a dangerous situation, etc. You're blowing that just to get back to lane, which is bad. Same with Blink Rune and Xing. Don't use it purely to get to lane. You blow a relic with a lot of function just to get a few steps ahead.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

In the 3rd game, I wouldn't have gotten Pest probably. Would mean you'd have to be too close to him all the time to get the effect, and that's dangerous. Just accept he's going to be really good at sustain.

Not get Pestilence against an Anubis solo? How else are you supposed to shut his sustain down? Sorry, but I can't agree with this at all.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 29, 2019 5:45am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

Was getting the CDR boots so I'd be at 20% CD w/ boots. Guess I should have gotten travelers, eh?

You only get Traveler's Shoes if you don't get Teleport Glyph.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » July 29, 2019 6:01am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

At level 1 against Anubis, ignore wave. Try and fight him before the wave even meets if he's dumb enough to leave tower.

Never really conciously thought about it since it was Lvl 1 vs1, albeit it happened. He was losing lane till he finished BC. I was able to use my 1, 2, & Basics to make him retreat. After that well, guess I should have built Divine.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 29, 2019 6:12am | Report
when i am reading this, i ask myself how i should ever compede.
There are 102 Gods afaik and a "****load" of items to consider and i am already served with the issues concerning my 1 Character. Can't imagine to overlook all this tbh.

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 29, 2019 6:15am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

You should get Warrior's Blessing due the damage reduction, that is very important in solo since you are fighting a lot and minions really hurt early game, it also provides you some minor mana and health sustain allied with some protections when fully stacked. Guardian's Blessing can be a decent option too when you are going with a solo laner that clearly will lost the wave clear, for example Xing Tian vs Hades (rushing Bancroft's Talon). It's impossible xing win hades in clear wave so your minions will die to the tower lowering the gold you will gain and guardians blessing will compensate part of the lost money.

GaseousClay wrote:

To begin, how important is "teleport" relic. As Jorm, considering my ULT isn't really "accurate" I just ult'd and used 3 to return to tower faster. For Xing I double leaped and used blink. Did this when enemy left, I cleared wave and returned when next was near my tower. Not much a loss IMO.

Don't waste your relics to get out of your base. teleport glyph isn't a must relic, people just buy it to return faster and avoid lost gold/exp or even the tower to the enemy, but, if you are with a not safe solo laner, consider buy another relic. For example a Ratatoskr solo. Until you have your ulti online, you can't escape well from tough situations, so maybe it's a good idea get a defensive relic as Purification Beads or Aegis Amulet.

GaseousClay wrote:

Baron has a bad clear early game but xing has an even worse, so there's not so much you could do there. The best option would build Pestilence + avoid his 2, that heals him when hits a god (notice that is HIT a god and not DAMAGE a god).

GaseousClay wrote:

Well, Horus is safe compared to xing and there's nothing much you can do about it.

GaseousClay wrote:

Yes, you should have gotten Pestilence and hold your ulti only for secure a kill or escape from these rotations. Also you should have bought wards.

GaseousClay wrote:

(FYI only other solo laner i've played is Zhong, I get Teleport relic on him and start off w/ Warlock stacking. Much better experience than guardians)

Zhong Kui is a very aggressive solo laner and it is easy get an early kill if the enemy don't take care enough. Another option for you is could be rush Bancroft's Talon, making your early pressure GIANT. But in general, mages and warriors are better solo laners at the lane phase than guardians.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 29, 2019 6:41am | Report
CafPow wrote:

when i am reading this, i ask myself how i should ever compede.
There are 102 Gods afaik and a "****load" of items to consider and i am already served with the issues concerning my 1 Character. Can't imagine to overlook all this tbh.

It will take a while. To be honest you don't need to know how to build every character, just learn what their kit does. An easy way can be getting every god to Mastery level 1, or you could just play a lot of Assault.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }