Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tips for Playing Solo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Tips for Playing Solo 45 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 5, 2019 4:57am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

Still feeling like I suck as a solo laner. Is it cause I am not counter building right or my God just ?

Xing vs Herc The enemy was 4man team but pretty sure I could do something better.

Xing vs Ra, Against same 4man, lol. Maybe buying Warlock's over Divine/void was problem? Lane was tied so I thought could stack it cause bruiser build.

TBH, the biggest problem is the God you chose to be your solo laner. I mean Xing Tian is fun and can definitely be a good support, but unless your team is lacking Hard CC or a Guardian I wouldn't get it as a solo laner because it's almost impossible win the lane with his horrible clear and lack of sustain.

The enemies had terrible builds (KKK with all 4 books and 0 pen? What the f*ck was that Ra build?) but they were in a call, so they probably had a better teamfight.

So you are losing due the matchups and not due your builds.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 5, 2019 5:08am | Report
lol... I didn't even notice that Kuku's build.
Shouldn't I be able to clear just as well if I put enough power into builds?
Granted I had to use my 1+2 to clear, but I was hitting enemy laner w/ it too.

The OP Gods are no fun (plus if I end up sucking i'd be ashamed, haha).

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 5, 2019 5:43am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

lol... I didn't even notice that Kuku's build.
Shouldn't I be able to clear just as well if I put enough power into builds?
Granted I had to use my 1+2 to clear, but I was hitting enemy laner w/ it too.

The OP Gods are no fun (plus if I end up sucking i'd be ashamed, haha).

Well, the few times I played xing I built Bancroft's Talon on him just to clear the wave with my 1, hit hard the enemy with the ulti, even if he uses beads (I did it even as support and had a great success, ask @theperfectprism about it, he was on that match).

I agree OP gods are no fun, but also there are some good gods on solo that still challengers and fun. Examples: Hades, Hel, Guan Yu, Osiris...

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 5, 2019 10:07am | Report
Hey Gaseous,

Let's see. You started Guardian's Blessing into Contagion against Herc, which I think is fine, though you might consider being more aggressive and going Warrior's Blessing instead. If you get Guardian's, you're basically saying you're going to clear at or near your fountain, mostly letting your fountain and minions get the kills. Someone else can state if I'm incorrect here, but you've got 3 damaging non-ult abilities, and they're all AOE, so you should have decent clear potential. I'd try for Warrior's next time.

Since the Solo and the Jungle were physical, instead of going Void Stone 3rd, you might consider additional physical prots.

This game lasted longer, so not sure which blessing you got to start. Probably wouldn't go Warlock's though. Your numbers aren't bad...you tanked a lot, and your score was better than Ra's, so that's something. Looks like the Merc was a problem. How fed was he at that point? Cuz you got Warlock's, but if he was coming to your lane, you'd probably want to get phys prots (or at least dual prots).

And if you were getting 4-men diving and teammates weren't calling, there's not that much you can do unless you weren't warding yourself.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 5, 2019 8:50pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:
And if you were getting 4-men diving and teammates weren't calling, there's not that much you can do unless you weren't warding yourself.

Hehe, no wards before I got 4man dove. I wasn't warding cause I was hugging my tower. The way game went I doubt "wards would get rotation from team". Other 3 deaths were in teamfights. Yeah Merc was problem that's why I built Nemean and Midgardian. Didn't help much, he ate threw me haha.

On that note, I should prioritize Midgardian > Nemean vs these hypercarries. I usually get Nemean cause of more protection.

In other game, having 2 potato ADCs and no mages that fed Ah Puch didn't help

GaseousClay

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }