Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tips for Playing Solo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Tips for Playing Solo 45 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 29, 2019 10:16am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Not get Pestilence against an Anubis solo? How else are you supposed to shut his sustain down? Sorry, but I can't agree with this at all.

Sorry dude, but 25% anti-heal isn't "shutting his sustain down," especially after he gets Bancroft's online. Yes, the prots and health are going to be very helpful. I guess if it's enough to help you force him back or kill him, that's okay, but I'm just trying to think of how the whole thing would go in-lane. If you both have ult, you won't grab him before he ults and then you're likely to be the one that dies.

I can't remember if Anubis 1 prevents him from getting knocked up. The description says knockback. If you can interrupt his 1 with Xing's 2, that changes things and allows you to be the obvious aggressor.

Problem I was thinking of with Pest is that you have to be close for the anti-heal to take effect, and that's fine if you've got him playing scared and not going for kills. But he can poke the wave safely with his 3 from distance, meaning you're unlikely to get the effect while he gets full lifesteal...unless again you're bullying him.

So anyway, that was my thought process for that one.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 29, 2019 10:20am | Report
CafPow wrote:

why?
I miss the CC, granted. But i can heal and poke well.

Eh, you can play her Supp if you want. It's casuals. Even in Ranked, she can do okay. Watch some of EmilZy's gameplay vids. But suggest not maining her. Standard support role wants good control via hard CC so you can peel or set up for teammates. Hel has damage and sustain potential but almost nothing in the way of CC.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 29, 2019 12:27pm | Report
Because you are a Hel. You lack CC, so you can't peel well for your ADC and plus, it's extremely easy the enemy turn on you and kill you early game. You also she has a high mana consumption and low base HP, meaning she is an easy target early game.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 29, 2019 1:55pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Sorry dude, but 25% anti-heal isn't "shutting his sustain down," especially after he gets Bancroft's online. Yes, the prots and health are going to be very helpful. I guess if it's enough to help you force him back or kill him, that's okay, but I'm just trying to think of how the whole thing would go in-lane. If you both have ult, you won't grab him before he ults and then you're likely to be the one that dies.

I can't remember if Anubis 1 prevents him from getting knocked up. The description says knockback. If you can interrupt his 1 with Xing's 2, that changes things and allows you to be the obvious aggressor.

Problem I was thinking of with Pest is that you have to be close for the anti-heal to take effect, and that's fine if you've got him playing scared and not going for kills. But he can poke the wave safely with his 3 from distance, meaning you're unlikely to get the effect while he gets full lifesteal...unless again you're bullying him.

So anyway, that was my thought process for that one.

Not just Pestilence, I would get Divine Ruin after it as well.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 29, 2019 2:38pm | Report
I was actually thinking of Divine also, but wasn't sure if it should be built in Solo. Situational I guess. Would consider more strongly if facing multiple enemies with healing/lifesteal.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » July 29, 2019 8:00pm | Report
practically all non healer mages go lifesteal at least in unranked. Plus there is the ADC. So I guess its worth.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 29, 2019 8:22pm | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

practically all non healer mages go lifesteal at least in unranked. Plus there is the ADC. So I guess its worth.

No?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 30, 2019 12:25am | Report
CafPow wrote:

ah i get it. Chronos i also use every now and then, but in the lategame mostly.
i also like to play support with hel. I thought with Asklepios and Lotus-Crown it's still cool and supportive. Besides in the Late-Game one's roaming around in the Group anyway no?

Kinda depends on the team comp. Hel would stay with the team, however people can go to split push other lanes and a lot more tactics. Mostly since in a 5v5 the stronger team has an advantage. So the weaker team loses the head on fight most of the times.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 30, 2019 2:56am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Eh, you can play her Supp if you want. It's casuals. Even in Ranked, she can do okay. Watch some of EmilZy's gameplay vids. But suggest not maining her. Standard support role wants good control via hard CC so you can peel or set up for teammates. Hel has damage and sustain potential but almost nothing in the way of CC.

xmysterionz wrote:

Because you are a Hel. You lack CC, so you can't peel well for your ADC and plus, it's extremely easy the enemy turn on you and kill you early game. You also she has a high mana consumption and low base HP, meaning she is an easy target early game.

yeah i miss CC (just a little slow)
but i have counter-CC so i can counter the enemy-Guardian?
and i have Heal, which can also be very valuable
and i hit harder than any Tank could dream of. So i thought this might kinda count too.

But anyway, i want to try a few Tanks today, like Geb maybe. :)
mostly because they piss me off when i meet them as enemies and i think to myself ... it's payback time ^^

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 30, 2019 2:59am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Kinda depends on the team comp. Hel would stay with the team, however people can go to split push other lanes and a lot more tactics. Mostly since in a 5v5 the stronger team has an advantage. So the weaker team loses the head on fight most of the times.

hmm that might be a reason why i like the lategame-Teamzerg. 5v5, this is where Hel can shine. You heal a lot and one of your Dark 3's can instantly horrify enemie-Glascannons.
But yes, when i'm roaming around to group up and stumble upon an Enemie Group i'm ****ed.
Yet, anybody would be, except maybe a Guard. At least i thought so.

CafPow

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }