Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tips for Playing Solo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Tips for Playing Solo 45 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 30, 2019 5:49am | Report
CafPow wrote:

yeah i miss CC (just a little slow)
but i have counter-CC so i can counter the enemy-Guardian?
and i have Heal, which can also be very valuable
and i hit harder than any Tank could dream of. So i thought this might kinda count too.

But anyway, i want to try a few Tanks today, like Geb maybe. :)
mostly because they piss me off when i meet them as enemies and i think to myself ... it's payback time ^^

No you usually can't counter all the guardians CC's especially if the guardian has multiple ones, as Khepri. Healing can be good but it is the easiest thing to counter in the game. Plus your healing is dependent of % scaling from your magical power, which you will be lacking in a more supportive build.

Also in duo lane, it's not "hit hard" the point, it's hit in the right moments, so you can get a kill. If you are hitting like a truck they can easily stay under the tower and wait for the enemy JG gank. Since you don't have Base HP, lacks mana sustain and don't have a escape, you are an easy target, especailly for early game jgs with suprise elements/a lot of CCs as Ratatoskr and Thor.

If you are going to play geb, don't make these common mistakes:
  • Hold too much your ulti
  • Shield yourself instead ADC
  • Blink Rune as first relic
  • Stay behind the ADC while people are raping him
  • Tower dives alone to secure kills that is questionable how easy is to get the kill
Remember that Geb is a more passive support and his shield CAN remove CC effects from your teammates ;)

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 30, 2019 9:16am | Report
yeah that was okay. I also tried Ares and i think that's a little bit more fun.
I can play Hel in Mid (and even Solo) so it's okay to take a Guardian.

i have yet to learn to place myself infront of the ADC properly and know the correct timing when to roam. That's not easy. ^^

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 30, 2019 10:13am | Report
CafPow wrote:

yeah i miss CC (just a little slow)
but i have counter-CC so i can counter the enemy-Guardian?
and i have Heal, which can also be very valuable
and i hit harder than any Tank could dream of. So i thought this might kinda count too.

But anyway, i want to try a few Tanks today, like Geb maybe. :)
mostly because they piss me off when i meet them as enemies and i think to myself ... it's payback time ^^

Further to Myst's comment, your last comment...like the Geb pissing you off when you meet them as enemies...this is an exact answer to why Hel can struggle in the Support role. The lack of CC means they often can dictate play, and you have to be reactive. And her anti-CC ability can be difficult to use well, as you only have it in one of the two stances, and has a somewhat small AOE.

You also say you hit harder than any tank could dream of. If you're building Hel in the manner of a Support, you're actually going to itemize differently than if you were to play as Mid, for example, and you're not going to be hitting all that hard. You're going to focus more on some protections and utility. Instead of picking up Chronos' Pendant for CDR, you might go with Spirit Robe, Pridwen, Breastplate of Valor, etc. Instead of getting full offense items like Rod of Tahuti, you'll consider tank or bruiser/utility items here and there...Lotus Crown, Rod of Asclepius. You're also likely to spec much less into things like penetration. And that means you're not going to be hitting all that hard.

And if you do choose to build like more of a normal mage, then it's likely you're going to get hard focused by the Support, and ganked/camped by the Jungler, etc...at least against decent competition.

Also, hitting harder than any tank can dream of... Bacchus, Cabrakan, and Ymir say hi.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 30, 2019 10:43am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Also, hitting harder than any tank can dream of... Cabrakan.

Cabroken really hurts XD

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » July 30, 2019 11:10pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Cabroken really hurts XD

Is he really broken though? I mean building him as asasin, sure. As tank though? I am lvl10 w/ him but wouldn't dare take him to support role... Enemy wins the lane. Solo? Never tried.

I'd love to play him in either role if anyone got tips :P

Also, Nike... fun to play in any role. Annoying as fk. Haha.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 31, 2019 4:05am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

Is he really broken though? I mean building him as asasin, sure. As tank though? I am lvl10 w/ him but wouldn't dare take him to support role... Enemy wins the lane. Solo? Never tried.

I'd love to play him in either role if anyone got tips :P

Also, Nike... fun to play in any role. Annoying as fk. Haha.

He’s not broken, he just gets called Cabroken.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 31, 2019 4:48am | Report
i mean i get it. And anyway, i wanna learn at least 1 God of every "Class". Or more. I think this also helps to learn about their abilitys and the whole lot of Items available.

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 31, 2019 5:23am | Report
CafPow wrote:

i mean i get it. And anyway, i wanna learn at least 1 God of every "Class". Or more. I think this also helps to learn about their abilitys and the whole lot of Items available.

So I recommend you start with easy gods of each role:
Cupid - hunter
Scylla - mage
Ratatoskr - assassin
Ymir - guardian
Guan Yu - warrior

All of them are easy to play ;)

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 31, 2019 5:41am | Report
hehe, for some classes i already have a few "safe Gods" where i feel comfy. (hel, odin, nike, ares, medusa) yet i will try those too a little bit.
it's funny. Gods some consider to be easy, i just can't, while i really feel good with Hel wich is considered hard.
But anyway, the way i see it: the more Gods i try out and train, the better i know them and it will be easyier to counter them.

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 4, 2019 11:39pm | Report
Still feeling like I suck as a solo laner. Is it cause I am not counter building right or my God just ?

Xing vs Herc The enemy was 4man team but pretty sure I could do something better.

Xing vs Ra, Against same 4man, lol. Maybe buying Warlock's over Divine/void was problem? Lane was tied so I thought could stack it cause bruiser build.

Also in neither games did they get Tele relic.

Part off problem was all lane lost and they finally group rotated to dive me and take tower. However, IMO if I won the lane I could have avoided that.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }