Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account


Or

Fafnir super soldier build (read description)

1639 23
New Guide
Vote
Vote

Smite God: Fafnir

Build Guide Discussion (23) More Guides

Purchase Order

Fafnirs build

Build Item Guardian's Blessing Guardian's Blessing
Build Item Traveler's Shoes Traveler's Shoes
Build Item Sovereignty Sovereignty
Build Item Gem of Isolation Gem of Isolation
Build Item Void Stone Void Stone
Build Item Pythagorem's Piece Pythagorem's Piece
Build Item Pestilence Pestilence

Flex item Notes K

Build Item Midgardian Mail Midgardian Mail
Build Item Stone of Binding Stone of Binding
Build Item Mantle of Discord Mantle of Discord
Build Item Shogun's Kusari Shogun's Kusari
Build Item Jade Emperor's Crown Jade Emperor's Crown

Fafnir's Skill Order

Cursed Strength

Cursed Strength

1 X
1 7 11 12 14
Coerce

Coerce

2 A
2 4 6 8 10
Underhanded Tactics

Underhanded Tactics

3 B
3 15 16 18 19
Dragonic Corruption

Dragonic Corruption

4 Y
5 9 13 17 20

What makes this build unique?

This build is made win your lane and team fights. By using these items along with fafnirs coerce ability you can Buff your allies with the following stats:
25% dmg
35% attack speed
20 phys power
10 phys lifesteal
30 mag power
12% mag lifesteal
15 phys def
15 hp5
25% slow added to attacks AND abilities

Fafnir also gets a magic defense reduction aura
Fafnir also gets a reduction to enemy healing in the form of an aura.

All of that plus a flex slot to further impact team fights

For best results have your hunter use runeforged hammer. It will proc automatically with fafnir’s gem of isolation and your hunter won’t miss out on the attack speed from other items. The added HP it grant will help keep them alive as well.

The items and why they work

I recommend purchasing these items in order unless circumstances dictate otherwise. An example would be if you are leaning against an Aphrodite or double magic you can get pestilence early. Or if it’s a double physical you can flex midgardian or jade emperor helm into your build earlier. Sell blessing when needed. Sell boots when needed.

Guardians blessing- standard guardian item. Fafnir benefits with extra protections from the extra gold he receives.

Travelers shoes- the mp5 from this item should be enough to keep you in the lane as long as you need to be. The extra movement speed is nice as well.

Sovereignty- grants you and your ally physical protections and 15hp5 and boosts fafnirs health

GEM OF ISOLATION- more power, more HP. This item works with fafnirs coerce allowing him to buff his allies and transfer gem of isolations effect to his allies attacks AND abilities.

PYTHAGOREMS PIECE- more hp. 10% cdr. The power granted from this item will further increase your self heal. In addition the lifesteal from this item will increase your self heal as well since once you buff you’re hunter a percentage of the damage he deals will be considered fafnirs damage so you can buff him and sit back and heal from it. This also gives your carry a power and lifesteal aura whichever will further increase their sustain.

VOIDSTONE- more HP. Magic defense. The magic defense reduction aura will help when’s you rotate to gank the middle lane. During the late game phase this item will also help your mage by reducing the enemy teams magic defense.

PESTILENCE-magic defense. More hp. This item also grants fafnir a reduction aura to enemy’s healing. Very good for team fights which is what your team will be focused on at this stage of the build.

FLEX item- STONE OF BINDING/MANTLE OF DISCORD/MIDGUARDIAN MAIL/SHOGUN’S KUSARI/JADE EMPEROR’S CROWN

Pros / Cons

Pros
-This build is aura based so it doesn’t require as much skill as a regular build but will usually yield better results
-This build is excellentl for tanking towers, Phoenix, gold fury, fire giant,titan
-This build is excellent in 2v2 situations during a match
-This build really shines during team fight phase which will ultimately decide most games

Cons
-You will not win many 1v1 exchanges with this build, find a friend before fighting
-An aura based build loses its effectiveness if teammates leave the game or do not group up
-Sometimes you will buff an ally and they will backpedal and not attack completely wasting the buff, welcome to the support life.

Team Work

THE JUNGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
You can hide behind walls and coerce allies through the walls. This will allow them to win 1v1s without the enemy even realizing you buffed them. You can also jump out from behind the wall and land a quick disarm and/or stun that can change a 1v1 (plus you) fight in your favor quickly.

GET BUFF’d
What separates fafnir from other guardians is his unique coerce ability. This is a steroid/stim that you give to an ally (or allies in dragon form). It increases their attack speed and damage output while giving them fafnirs ability effects (gem of iso, spear of magus, soul reaver, etc.). The primary target for the buff should be your carry or mage as they are able to make best use of it with their range and kit but it can also be used nicely on an assassin to power them up and make for a quick kill. Warriors would be the next priority and lastly fafnir himself. If you are by yourself you can use it on yourself to power up your hammer throw and jump to help clear a minion wave.

LET’S TALK ABOUT THE DRAGON IN THE ROOM
Fafnirs ultimate can be a bit of a double-edged sword. If you use it in plain sight the enemy team will usually backpedal away and laugh at you for wasting it or focus their skill shots on you as soon as you land. For example you could get hit with a kukulkan 3,1,4 combo as soon as you land. You could also find yourself in an Artemis trap, nox bubble, Anubis wrap, etc. To counter the enemy team running away you could use the blink relic as long as you didn’t damage any minions or gods while turning into a dragon. Just ult blink and now you are in their face and still have both stuns ready. To counter the skillshots consider using your ult behind cover like a wall and surprise them. You can also use fafnirs ultimate as a form of aegis/beads. It’s a great counter to an ares/Ymir ultimate as well as some others like Poseidon’s kraken. Another way to use it is to zone an area to allow your allies to escape. The AOE damage from the transformation is sometimes enough to discourage enemies from chasing. If your allies survive through the transformation process you have a couple stuns ready. There’s 1 more way you can use this ability. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If you find yourself overwhelmed you can use this to instantly refresh your jump, stun, and coerce abilities, allowing you to jump away then heal yourself and stun anyone who is in pursuit.

Chapter Title

Do you like this build? Give it an upvote :) Hate this build? Downvote and Tell me why :)

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
1
[-]
Branmuffin17 (264) | April 15, 2019 2:46pm
The thing I think people (me included) get hung up on with Rod of Asclepius is that unless you're the actual healer, it just doesn't make sense to build.

In that, I think we don't think about the fact that it's an aura, and if there are OTHER healers, the healing THEY do (including lifesteal) is enhanced.

That said, I think including Asclep as a core item is, although thematic with the build combo (Faf + hunter building high lifesteal), not a great idea. Building that deeply into lifesteal and healing is asking for some hard anti-healing counters...and if the enemy doesn't recognize they need to build anti-heal, you're playing against very low skill/low awareness players, which also makes this build less viable in all situations.

The other major issue with the Faf portion of the build is it's just not very tanky. The only magical protection comes very, very late in the build, and having only 60 added physical protection is just not enough to be much of a tank. I get that your concept is to try to blow people up as quickly as possible through the various tricks you're employing, but you still might need to tank more than your build allows.

As for the hunter build, yes, you get some bonus damage from all of these things...BUT...you have no pen, other than the 15 flat from Asi! The Executioner should be a core item for any hunter focusing on basics. Note that the bonus damage you're providing from Runeforged Hammer is still subject to mitigations...it's not true damage. So you want Exe in there to MUCH more effectively cut down enemies, both squishy AND tanky.

And even if you have a slow in Gem to help keep enemies closer, your hunter doesn't even have Tabi, so their whole rotation is weak, and you'll be sitting there waiting for them to catch up to even engage in anything. Already talked about hard-countering lifesteal's whole effectiveness with anti-heal items. You're building 2 lifesteal items on Faf, and 3 on the Hunter, just to have those be perhaps only 60% effectiveness against a BBS or DR? That seems incredibly inefficient to me.

I DO like the concept. There's some thought put into this. But it just brings the capability to cut a huge portion of its effectiveness down with a single enemy item, and it's missing some key components to truly get the most out of it as you possibly can.

A modified version of what you're aiming for, without overdoing things and bringing in those inefficiencies to that great of a degree, would be something as follows:

Fafnir: Guardian's Blessing, Traveler's Shoes, Sovereignty, magical protection choice (Pest/Oni/Shogun's whatever), Pythagorem's Piece, Gauntlet of Thebes or Spirit Robe, Gem of Isolation, replace Shoes with an item of your choice.

Hunter: Hunter's Blessing (optional), Devourer's Gauntlet, Ninja Tabi, The Executioner, Runeforged Hammer, Wind Demon, Deathbringer, replace Tabi with an item of your choice.

In that respect, you don't worry about overcapping AS because you're building into Rage instead of WD...the other items like Asi and Exe, and possibly Ninja if you choose that over Warrior, give the hunter plenty of AS outside of the Coerce buff (and possibly Shogun's).
1
[-]
Dsaar52 | April 15, 2019 7:47pm
Finding out Asclepius doesn’t effect lifesteal changes thing a lot. However if it did it would help against antiheal because stacking antiheal comes with diminished returns while stacking lifesteal and healing doesn’t but that’s semantics at this point. To your point about the hunter build, that’s the final build meaning after boots were purchased and sold for speed potion so there’s no dropoff in speed. As for the Asclepius replacement I would prob lean towards mantle of discord but I would would push it further back into the build. Thanks for feedback :)
1
[-]
Vini_sds (7) | April 15, 2019 3:27pm
Branmuffin17 wrote:
The thing I think people (me included) get hung up on with Rod of Asclepius is that unless you're the actual healer, it just doesn't make sense to build.

In that, I think we don't think about the fact that it's an aura, and if there are OTHER healers, the healing THEY do (including lifesteal) is enhanced.


Are you sure that Rod of Asclepius enhances lifesteal? I'm pretty sure it works like Shield of Regrowth and the passive only works with real healing abilities.
1
[-]
Branmuffin17 (264) | April 15, 2019 3:34pm
Aw ****, you're right...it got changed. It USED to increase healing on everything, including Med, HP5, etc. It got changed...found it. Patch 5.13, Mid-season patch.

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/news/5-13-update-notes-mid-season-58750

Good catch. Added notation to the item (and Rod of Healing). This makes it even less functional than it already was in this Faf build application.
Load more comments (1 more replies) →
1
[-]
Gulfwulf (47) | April 15, 2019 2:57pm
I know the rod has an aura, I just don't think it's very useful on non-healers.
1
[-]
Vini_sds (7) | April 15, 2019 8:06am
You wrote so much on your notes that I can't even read all of it LOL

However, the build needs some work. Only one physical defense item, Rod of Asclepius ( Fafnir isn't a healer???) and two magical defense items built too late.

Also, the "Hunter Build" (don't know why you've listed it) has no boots.
1
[-]
Dsaar52 | April 15, 2019 11:10am
The hunter build has no boots because it is the “final” build. Meaning after boots have been sold and movement speed potion has been purchased. I have listed it because it is the optimal build to compliment the fafnir build. I almost never see the need to have magic defense early in a conquest build because supports generally don’t hit very hard and with the all of the hp and sustain provided from the 1st 4 items it completely negates anything that a support could typically do to you. A common misconception about rod of Asclepius is that it is a healers item. Healers need it because their heals were nerfed and designed to need it. But if your team has lifesteal and your support has pythagorems its even better for a support. With a single item I can give my carry (above the cap) 25% additional lifesteal OR negate the effects of the opposing teams pestilence. As of your concern so with the physical defense my last item is a flex item. If you needed to you could grab 1 like jade crown or mantle if you felt the need. Thanks for the input :)
1
[-]
Gulfwulf (47) | April 15, 2019 2:21pm
Jade Emperor's Crown isn't all that good anymore, it's certainly not as effective as sov or Thebes. It was an effective early item, but now that its passive has been nerfed (-30 physical power? That's only just over half of what Warrior Tabi gives you and that's just one item), it's nowhere near useful anymore outside of maybe Ares who's trying to stack his passive. I could maybe see it on a magical jungler, but it's not really a support item anymore.
1
[-]
Vini_sds (7) | April 15, 2019 1:53pm
Ok, let me cover some more points.

Dsaar52 wrote:
The hunter build has no boots because it is the “final” build. Meaning after boots have been sold and movement speed potion has been purchased. I have listed it because it is the optimal build to compliment the fafnir build.


AS much as I appreciate the fact that you want to list an ADC build to synergize with Fafnir, I don't think it should be done. Why? Because each hunter has their own particularity, so there's no "one fits all" build.

Examples? Neith, Ullr, Ah Muzen Cab. All this 3 gods would do badly with the build you listed. FIrstly, they're ability based, so they should build Transcendence instead. Secondly, they shouldn't build crit items. They can, but it's not optimal due to how their kit works.

Thanks to the changes in the latest patches, hunter builds are now more complex, so I think that listing an example build for hunters and saying that it should always be done like this is a huge oversight. Also, remember that the focus of your build should be Fafnir, and not hunters, so I believe that hunter builds are too complex to be discussed here, not to mention this would shift the main purpose of this build/guide.

Dsaar52 wrote:
I almost never see the need to have magic defense early in a conquest build because supports generally don’t hit very hard and with the all of the hp and sustain provided from the 1st 4 items it completely negates anything that a support could typically do to you.


You know that at some point in the game the support should start rotating to let their ADC farm, right? When that happens, what are you going to do against the magical threats of the enemy team? You'll be too squishy to face them and protect your team. Also, remember that magical ADCs and Junglers exist, and they're also very strong.

I know that some guardians deal little damage, but we also have damage-oriented guardians. Have you ever laned against a Bacchus, Cerberus, Athena or Artio? They're very offensive supports, and their damage output shouldn't be underestimated.

Dsaar52 wrote:
A common misconception about rod of Asclepius is that it is a healers item. Healers need it because their heals were nerfed and designed to need it. But if your team has lifesteal and your support has pythagorems its even better for a support. With a single item I can give my carry (above the cap) 25% additional lifesteal OR negate the effects of the opposing teams pestilence.


I don't mean to be rude by this, but I don't think you know how Rod of Asclepius works. It boosts only healing abilities, not lifesteal abilities and/or items. It's a great item for gods with healing on their kits ( Aphrodite, Hel, Chang'e, Ra, Baron Samedi and others), but for gods without healing abilities, this item is pretty much useless, since it doesn't affect lifesteal.

Dsaar52 wrote:
As of your concern so with the physical defense my last item is a flex item. If you needed to you could grab 1 like jade crown or mantle if you felt the need. Thanks for the input :)


That's only one of my concerns. I don't think this build provides enough protections to be useful. Remember that high health can be easily countered by items like Qin's Sais and Soul Reaver, so you must balance health and protections to not be easily countered by your enemies.
1
[-]
Gulfwulf (47) | April 15, 2019 9:25am
Fafnir has a self-heal, but other items are better for him, like Gauntlet of Thebes instead. Rod should really only be picked up by actual healers and not gods who only have self-sustain.
1
[-]
Dsaar52 | April 15, 2019 11:20am
Gauntlet of thebes used to be an excellent item and one of my favorites pre-nerf. sadly it doesn’t have the same impact that it used to and takes way too long for it to come online and from my experience supports (in conquest) who build it usually lose their lane also it falls offs lategame due to the power spikes whereas asclepius ages like fine wine imo because in a 5v5 teamfight there are more heals/players being healed, med cloaks, lifestealing being thrown around than 10 protections can really account for. Thank for the input :)
Load more comments (6 more replies) →
Loading Comments...
Load More Comments
League of Legends Build Guide Author Dsaar52
Fafnir super soldier build (read description)
New Guide
Vote
Vote
Table of Contents

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved