Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 2.0

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 2.0 107 posts - page 4 of 11
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 23, 2019 7:48pm | Report
Vini_sds wrote:

Fair points. In which tier would you put him?

Honestly not too sure. Probably like a B+. But if this is ranked then basically anything works, and Chronos Solo won't be punished easily either.

Vini_sds wrote:

Also, I checked your solo builds for him. Can he be built tanky an still be useful to the team? What should he do when played in solo? I imagine he can't be a frontliner (even with some defenses), and he doesn't have a lot of CC like Hades and Baron Samedi do to be pesky during teamfights. What does the offer to his team when played in solo?

Well I don't go full tank, no. I build Warlock's Staff, some utility defense and some hybrid items with pen and/or power.

Basically if I had to list the pros of Chronos Solo: Fast ( constant use of 2, can get Shield of Regrowth to help with that too) , high/relevant damage to squishy gods (even when built hybrid/tanky, due to Time Lord and spamming Time Rift, as well as Section IV on Accelerate, and any power/pen in the build), can use Stop Time to burn beads/aegis/ults of gods, hard to kill lategame, constant heal with his 1 (so good sustain in fights), ult makes him very tanky combined with tank build, building obs shard later in the build makes him a threat to tanks (even with the builds I listed), he can use his mobility and damage to harass the enemy backline (lategame can dive adc/mage by building defense, cdr and movement speed), some counter items are not bad on him ( Shogun's Kusari, Witchblade) He's also safe in lane once past level 5 (and even before that he doesen't have much problems as he can safely proc Warrior's Blessing at range), can rotate fast, has fast waveclear later on in the match (good for pushing waves quickly).

That's basically a summary of the pros of picking Chronos Solo, that I got when I asked SoloOrTroll and NotHaddix on the advantages of the pick. Deathwalker played Chronos solo once last season in spl and a few times in ranked last season so you could ask him the benefits of the pick.

In competitive Chronos solo isn't that good because early game he can't help contest/control the solo side jungle.

Also another thing is that, similar to ADC he can farm relatively safely in lane and generally doesen't get punished letting him get to lategame easier, though with solo there's no enemy support to worry about. He also works with quite a few blessings (guardian's, mage's, hunter's and warrior's) as well, but Warrior's Blessing is best for him currently.

Fineokay Chronos solo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWpgtMuGz9o

Some evidence of Chronos Solo being played: https://smiteprobuilds.com/Builds?p_filters_page=1&p_filters_search=&p_filters_god=1920&p_filters_pro=~&p_filters_opponent=~&p_filters_role=Solo&p_filters_league=~&p_filters_sort=~

Less serious Fineokay Chronos Solo video (though he does raise some points):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNc4FEE7v9k
Also:

https://twitter.com/smitepro/status/981992019911499776

There were some NotHaddix (GM/Masters Solo laner, also played in SML) Twitch videos I had on an old reddit comment of him playing Chronos Solo but Twitch deleted them as they're a bit old now.

As a final note i've seen people run warrior ADC's (CycloneSpin) with or without a Hunter solo. Cyclone had a recent Splyce game where he went Achilles ADC as well.

https://smiteprobuilds.com/Builds?p_filters_page=1&p_filters_search=&p_filters_god=3492&p_filters_pro=~&p_filters_opponent=~&p_filters_role=Carry&p_filters_league=~&p_filters_sort=~

https://smiteprobuilds.com/Builds?p_filters_page=1&p_filters_search=&p_filters_god=2047&p_filters_pro=~&p_filters_opponent=~&p_filters_role=Carry&p_filters_league=~&p_filters_sort=~

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 23, 2019 11:09pm | Report
Ah Chronos solo lane the lane he was played in S1 when I started.

Also throwback to S1 Ra solo lane. (I know it's terrible now

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 23, 2019 11:34pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Ah Chronos solo lane the lane he was played in S1 when I started.

Also throwback to S1 Ra solo lane. (I know it's terrible now

Ra solo isn't even that terrible. Can stack warlocks on him there and build gem of iso, and defense/cdr, ascelpius etc...

What was the solo lane like back in S1 anyway?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 24, 2019 8:47am | Report
Gimme some time to gather some stuff and jog up my memory. Will make a new thread for this to not derail this thread

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » May 24, 2019 8:55am | Report
Ok, so here are most of your suggestions of alteration on the tierlist. Please vote Aye or Nay to the changes. Also, if you think that a character deserves to be put above / below the current tier, but don't agree with the tier in question, please say the tier you have in mind for said character!

Zhong Kui to A (Solo);
Odin to C in all roles (Support, Solo, Jungle);
Ratatoskr to A+ (Jungle);
Raijin to A (Mid);
Arachne to A (Jungle);
Kumbhakarna to A+ (Support);
Geb to S (Support);
Serqet to A (Support);
Nox to B (Mid) (This is one that I disagree with personally);
Poseidon to A (Mid);
Eset to B (Mid) (Also Disagree);
Kukulkan to A (Mid);
Ah Muzen Cab to A (Mid);
Freya to A+ (Mid);
Baron Samedi to B (Mid);
Hades to B (Mid) AND A (Solo);
Skadi to B (Mid);
Kali to A+ (Jungle);
Erlang Shen to A+ (Jungle) AND to A (Solo);
Artio to A+ (Solo);
Achilles to S (Solo);
Bellona to S (Solo);
Guan Yu to A+ (Solo);
Nike to B+ (Solo);
Vamana to A+ (Solo);
Hercules to A (Solo);
Hera to B (Solo);
Jormungandr to S (Solo);
Horus to A (Solo);
Terra to A (Solo);
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » May 24, 2019 10:28am | Report
Aye on all of them.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » May 24, 2019 11:15am | Report
No disagreements

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » May 24, 2019 12:14pm | Report

Ok, so here are most of your suggestions of alteration on the tierlist. Please vote Aye or Nay to the changes. Also, if you think that a character deserves to be put above / below the current tier, but don't agree with the tier in question, please say the tier you have in mind for said character!

Zhong Kui to A (Solo);
Odin to C in all roles (Support, Solo, Jungle);
Ratatoskr to A+ (Jungle);
Raijin to A (Mid);
Arachne to A (Jungle);
Kumbhakarna to A+ (Support);
Geb to S (Support);
Serqet to A (Support);
Nox to B (Mid) (This is one that I disagree with personally);
Poseidon to A (Mid);
Eset to B (Mid) (Also Disagree);
Kukulkan to A (Mid);
Ah Muzen Cab to A (Mid);
Freya to A+ (Mid);
Baron Samedi to B (Mid);
Hades to B (Mid) AND A (Solo);
Skadi to B (Mid);
Kali to A+ (Jungle);
Erlang Shen to A+ (Jungle) AND to A (Solo);
Artio to A+ (Solo);
Achilles to S (Solo);
Bellona to S (Solo);
Guan Yu to A+ (Solo);
Nike to B+ (Solo);
Vamana to A+ (Solo);
Hercules to A (Solo);
Hera to B (Solo);
Jormungandr to S (Solo);
Horus to A (Solo);
Terra to A (Solo);

Which ones you disagree with, and why?

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 24, 2019 1:26pm | Report
Seems ok for now

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » May 24, 2019 1:28pm | Report
Nox is a strong pick againts some of the meta gods at the moment (Arthur, Merlin, Most Hunters, some assassins) because she can stop their channel with her silence (think Merlin 1 o rire, arthur's entire kit, hunter escapes, etc) which makes her quite viable, and she doesn't need a team built around her.

Eset is still quite powerful. Just cuz her "focus" is objective control, it doesn't mean at all she's weak.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }