Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 4 Patch Notes & Comments

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Season 4 Patch Notes & Comments 28 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » January 20, 2017 7:33pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

I just love the process of conversation...I can't help it. I like when people can give their own viewpoints, open mine up more, tell me I'm stupid but being truly nice about it, be open to criticism themselves without being defensive, because kindness is the motion of the ocean, man.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 24, 2017 3:45am | Report
BTW Bran... I think that Asclepius , during a fight, will give in total 30% extra healing, so it's a buff to aggressiveness of the item, and a nerf in the defensive use everyone was complaining about healers
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 25, 2017 10:30am | Report
@Everyone, PTS part 2 is now live, with some significant changes to items and gods.

https://www.smitegame.com/new-in-smite-season-four-4-1-patch-notes/

@Pris, yeah I like the push Hi-Rez is trying to take with healers...in-combat healing being significantly better than just sitting there healing outside of combat makes for much more interesting fighting.

What HR hopefully will understand is that their anti-healing is easy to apply, with lots of different options, and for those mages to be able to survive those teamfights, they're going to need a lot more help...either they'll need to be inherently tankier, their in-combat healing needs to be higher (for Chang'e and Hel at least), or they need to encourage the feasibility of tankier builds by increasing base functions with lower scaling.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 25, 2017 11:02am | Report
Enough people complained about the Hercules and Hel changes that some of them have been reverted to a degree, lol.

I'm really surprised about the Soul Eater nerf...guess I just don't know how well it's been fitting in, as I can't figure out where it should be implemented in a build.

Interesting Rage buff, and damn if it's not enticing for Clash/Arena now if I'm Bakasura or whatever, but don't think it brings it into relevance for Conquest.

I absolutely called the Silverbranch Bow adjustment in my PDF comment. Woot.

Regarding magical lifesteal, pretty ouch to Pythagorem's Piece. I think it went from being almost core to being a situational pick. The buff to Bancroft's Talon really makes it the core item for Hades and Anubis...wonder who else might pick it up.

I like the Spear of Desolation adjustment. Magical pen items are in an interesting situation...Bullfrog also mentioned this to me. For the lower cost, significant pen items (NOT Shoes of the Magi), you don't get the same amount of options as physical gods...your choices are Obsidian Shard, Spear of the Magus, and Demonic Grip. Keeping the cost high on Desolation means it's still more of a late-game choice.

Granted, inherent magical protection is lower than physical...Level 20 squishies usually have between 30-50 magical protections and 60-70 physical protections. 10 magical pen is basically 20-33% pen, while 20 physical pen is between 28-33%, so I guess it's not all that bad.

Stone of Binding took a hit too...went from obvious bridge item for Guardians to...not sure I'll pick it up. I mean it's not bad, and is still on the aggressive side, but...

Anyway, things look like they're going in the right direction. Your thoughts?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 25, 2017 3:56pm | Report
TBH the most interesting change was decreasing the pre-game time. It was something DM complained about was "not needed", but it's quite needed for New Players, so now CQ rewards players who know what they want out of the gate. This actually might be a good reason to start the match with Auto-Buy, so it buys your Starter Item and stuff, turn it off right after, and leave the base as early as possible.... huh....
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 25, 2017 4:37pm | Report
Or set up your custom builds tab at minimum for starter options...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 28, 2017 3:09am | Report
that's wut I was sayin'

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » January 28, 2017 11:55am | Report
Quoted:

To Do List:
Additional Skadi adjustments

Quoted:

This will be our final round of balance before 4.1 hits.

??????
Hirez plea, why can't you just let Skadi be sanic without nerfing kaldr?
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }