Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Making a decent Set build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Making a decent Set build 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 5, 2019 10:10am | Report
I'm working on making a decent build for Set and really just wanted to run it by you guys for some feedback. My build is looking like this for now: Warrior Tabi, Hastened Katana, either Jotunn's Wrath or The Executioner, Hydra's Lament or a defense item if needed, Stone Cutting Sword, Qin's Sais, or Magi's Cloak, and then a situational item. I'm trying to go for a decent balance between ability damage and AS with maybe a bit more focus on attack speed.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 5, 2019 10:26am | Report
I would get stone cutting then qins, then exe.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 5, 2019 10:34am | Report
Do you mean as 3rd, 4th, and 5th items?

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 5, 2019 11:02am | Report
Yes, so Warrior, Hastened, stone cutting, qins , exe, situational for aa-based, for hybrid: warrior, hastened, stone cutting, jotunns, hydras, situational.

And sell boots for whatever you think fits best.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 5, 2019 11:20am | Report
Okay. Sounds good. Keeping that in mind.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 5, 2019 11:22am | Report
Also for that second build I suggest you could get Crusher 2nd instead and swap stone cutting for hastened
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » May 5, 2019 11:30am | Report
I'm assuming this is for Jungle role in Conquest.
I'm trying to go for a decent balance between ability damage and AS with maybe a bit more focus on attack speed.
I feel I've been successful trying for this as well. Auto attack gods are usually considered late game as they rely on itemization, which requires time/gold.

Starting the game as more ability based and then transitioning into an auto attack focus seems to be effective. That being said, on to the build.
My build is looking like this for now: Warrior Tabi, Hastened Katana, either Jotunn's Wrath or The Executioner, Hydra's Lament or a defense item if needed, Stone Cutting Sword, Qin's Sais, or Magi's Cloak, and then a situational item.
Warrior Tabi: Pretty standard choice of boots. Could perhaps consider Talaria Boots or even Ninja Tabi, but I prefer Warrior.

Hastened Katana: I feel this may be a bit too early. As I mentioned above, focusing on abilities in the early game and then transitioning into a basic attack focus would mean that Hastened could be a bit premature here. In this item slot I would consider The Crusher, which provides a great balance of ability and auto attack focus.

Jotunn's Wrath: I think this item could work, but I don't feel that it's very necessary. For one, Set's main clear, Skewer, has a very short cooldown as it is. Seeing as he will transition into a basic attack focus, paying for shorter cooldowns as a crutch would be losing out on efficiency as opposed to using abilities more wisely and building other things. This is the item slot I would consider getting Hastened Katana in.

The Executioner: A good item, but I feel it is a bit early in this slot. As jungler you will not likely be focusing too much on tanks during the laning/farming phases of the game. As Kriega mentioned, I would probably pick it up after Stone Cutting Sword/ Qin's Sais

Hydra's Lament: Similar to Jotunn's Wrath, I think it could work but ultimately feel that there are better options.

Stone Cutting Sword: Good item that gives you good physical protections in combination with Sandstorm.

Qin's Sais: Good item against both squishies and tanks.

Magi's Cloak: Good item. I'd personally try to hold off on this as a late game pickup/boots replacement unless you are encountering heavy pressure in the mid game.

Other items to consider:

Asi: Set is prone to taking heavy damage when getting in close to attack, and the lifesteal here can help alleviate some pressure.

Golden Blade: Enhanced camp clear, good if enemy team is grouping a lot.

Bloodforge: Recommended if you have a lead and you feel confident in your ability to pick up kills.

So if I had to build him, it would look something along the lines of:

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 5, 2019 11:40am | Report
DV-8, thanks so much. I had thought of some of theses items myself, but wasn't sure how or when to build them. Golden blade3 was an item I never considered but your reasoning made me change my mind.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » May 5, 2019 11:50am | Report
My friend, who plays jungle much more than I do, is building something like this:

Core: Jotunn's Wrath > Warrior Tabi > The Crusher > Hastened Katana.

To finish the build, he picks two of the following: Void Shield, Brawler's Beat Stick, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, Stone Cutting Sword.

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 5, 2019 12:37pm | Report
I think DV-8's comment is great.

I will make a general point for an early Jotunn's Wrath, though. DV-8 is right that Skewer has a super low CD in general, but having an early 20% CDR means you can probably use the ability twice in an engagement, which is not a bad thing, especially since you're going to be prioritizing that ability first.

It also puts Sandstorm on a 13 second CD, which is better for initiating and possibly having it back up if you've gone in for a fight/kill, then are looking to retreat a hot situation.

Thus I also like Vini's suggestion, which I think is pretty much the meta direction right now.

But in all, I think there is plenty of flexibility in how you want to build him. I like the general balance of items right now, and I like that Set has some flexibility in his build style.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }