Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 7 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 14, 2014 10:59am | Report
All4Games wrote:

i ment more in the way of estetics. not really in the respective payment system though yeah smite wins in that.

my list goes:

Dawngate, all skins have been worked into their lore and even the more redicouless one's like fridge desecrator. the skins can also be won though they have a low drop rate on the highest reward. they do have sales though they do still cost actual money.

league, the skins payment options like ICEN said aren't the best but since they live in a very similar world as ours some of the more redicouless skins do still make sence like the pool party skins, that is actually the only reason it ranks a little higher then smite in my opinion... because pretty much all of the skins i can still see in their world.

smite, smite's world is pretty much ours as they USE RELIGIONS OUT OF OUR WORLD. some of their skins i can still kind of see in our world like He Bro being hebo in moderd day learning about what mortals do for fun in the water or some one like agni's vulcanic skin being what happens if agni were to take more power something like that if hirez build lore around that.

but the skins like swagni quiet litterly being a pimp (which is not a good thing if you know what a pimp is and does) or skins like frakenstein osirus and the king bacchus being dumb references to people and things that existed that most of their main audince wasn't there for or didnt see or didn't care (at most they would get a "haha that existed... ha..." out of it and that would be it).

i mean they do that with soooo many skins where its 50's-80's references that the mayority of their audience just wasn't there for which makes the references dumb at best.

if they continue these refferences skins they should focus more on things out of the late 80's to early 2000's as that is most of their audience. like the new zhong qui skin which is a ghost buster reference, nice job hirezzzz aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they gave he bo a some what serious skin with a uranus joke... (HE IS SEEN AS A WHISE CHARACTER WHEN YOU GIVE HIM A SKIN WHERE HE CONTROLLS SPACE! KEEP HIM SERIOUS AND WHISE! minirantaside) (fyi i know cosmos hebo was introduced before)

idk. thats just my main problem with smite skins is that they are either bad refferences, tooooo sily or serious with one thing that ruins it. not to say that there are only bad skins though. base ball herc was funny and could be worked in as herc still going through trials int he modern day, expanding their understanding of our world today and so did little mana... sobek saying YOHOHO in the colonial age, was awesome. sun wukong startwars refference is something everybody could get.

I have to highly disagree on the semi-rant on the Smite skins. There's a reason Frankenstein or Elvis are not only referenced by HiRez/Smite, but by various other different mediums, and that's because they're timeless classics that everybody knows, whether or not they've seen the movie/heard the music or not, and whether or not they were born in the era or not. Everybody and their future children knows about Frankenstein, and the Frankenstein monster is still being used in media today. Does that make a reference toward these things dumb? In my opinion, and assuming the opinion of tons of other people who seem to enjoy these skins, absolutely not. Granted, I've seen and own the original Frankenstein movie, but even if I hadn't, I still see nothing wrong with a fun reference to such a legend of a movie and novel that's still being watched and read to this day. Just because we were all born in a certain era, doesn't mean we can't enjoy, or at least respect, things from previous times.

As for your bit on Swagni, I definitely agree that what it's referencing, a pimp, definitely isn't something that should be seen in a positive light, but then, you could also say the same thing for ninjas, pirates, and many other skins, though, pimps being a lot bigger of a problem than the other two these days.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 14, 2014 11:10am | Report
my problem is the difference between knowing and understanding that is my problem as well as there just not being a way to make a case for lore around it were hirez ever to give smite any lore what so ever (another little grip i have) but i can see your point.

as for the part about other mediums referencing these, depending on how well its done or how quick the gag is i dont neccesarily hate it but understand that most other mediums often put in the actual character and not their own characters being that character. in other mediums its mostly execution and i think smite does this very poor as well.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 14, 2014 11:52am | Report
BTW I'm not hating on league I'm trolling on league learn dat difference!

Thats why I keep saying toaster oven kids

Smite skins are better deal with it (That is not opinion its just fact)
Smite has way much more **** with skins then League ever has

Unless I magically missed extra skins but when I was playing all I seen was regular skins you buy. So amazing!!! Not compared to Smite when you have like 8 skins on one god and not all of them are just gems skins...

You can't BUY your way into a diamond skin, you actually have to work for that skin

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 14, 2014 12:02pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

BTW I'm not hating on league I'm trolling on league learn dat difference!

Thats why I keep saying toaster oven kids

Smite skins are better deal with it (That is not opinion its just fact)

A: that is absolutely opinion.
B: if you just said you were trolling dont say something that is troll because it makes it look like you are actually that dense that you actually see it as fact.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 14, 2014 12:26pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

You can't BUY your way into a diamond skin, you actually have to work for that skin

I know, it's almost like that victorious skin I just mentioned.

Oh wait it's exactly like that.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 14, 2014 12:39pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I know, it's almost like that victorious skin I just mentioned.

Oh wait it's exactly like that.
Look if you want to play toaster games just play it
I will not be involved in such toastrousity

I prefer playing Gaymes that are not ran on dirty shoes

Top down games are for them old people

Would you rather play GTA top down or GTA modern

Top down is for them derps

I think I will stick to my 3rd person sexy game where I can see my actual awesome skins up close, and see mah sexy character, instead of looking down at dat ps1 pac man

!!! Clicking is derpy, I'd rather play a game where I am actually doing the moving and not just commanding my character what to do.

Thats the difference, I see games where you command your character as a game where you are not actually IN the game you are more of the operator, games that let you be the character you are more involved.

Dat difference, if league of legends was 3rd person like Smite, league top down would be dead.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » October 14, 2014 12:47pm | Report
Top-down games are boring.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 14, 2014 12:51pm | Report
Ah yes top down is for derps. That's why DotA has the largest prize pool of any game so far, bigger than Golf's Masters Tour. Or why League has the largest playerbase in the woooorld. Or why Starcraft is still one of the biggest tournament style Esports in the world.

Oops.

I'll play Smite when I'm in the mood for more action, I'll play league when I'm in the mood for more strategy. Still unrelated to what All4 asked about skins :P

(Also love how my point about the Season 5 overhaul on visual effects was unnoticed. It really is amazing looking)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 14, 2014 3:22pm | Report
It is. It's also hard not to notice. They're moving away from the ultra-bright, contrasting color scheme into this more subtle, muted aesthetic. Less sharper outlines, more softer colors. Everything's also less bulky, more sleek-ish.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 14, 2014 4:40pm | Report
I love how kids think those graphics are good rofl, **** looks like someone took a piece of paper, sketched a monster then outlined the drawing with a black pen then colored it with colored pencils...

LOL no league of legends has the most players because ANYONE can play it.

Do you not realize why I keep calling it ****ing "TOASTER KIDS"

Because toasters can download that ****.

Its like people are mentally challenged

What game do you think will have more people playing it

Toaster games

or non toaster games

Thats why team fortress 2 also has the most players on steam

because its for kids with toasters.

I don't care if pac man has the most players, its still a scrub top down game compared to 3rd person modern games.

**** is like comparing GTA top down to GTA modern 3rd pesron

I doubt any of you derps will actually choose GTA top down over GTA 3rd person

Answer this question

I have 2 of the same games

The first game can be played on every computer
the second game can't

Which game do you think has more players????

Exactly rocket science, derp, toaster oven kids for life.

Get off of smite and go play your toaster games like league and TF2 and run int on high settings on a dirty sock because you can install those toaster games on your shoe lace.

Maybe if Smite and others games could be downloaded on a dirty diaper then more people could play it.

Like I said toaster facts are facts

I already proved before how allowing toaster kids to play your game gives you more players

Thats why I have +1 Leauge +0 Dota +0 Smite on this computer

Thats why on my better computer its +1 Smite **** everything else

Why? Because TOASTERS are forced to play league

I think you guys do not understand what FORCED TO PLAY LEAGUE means.

It means on a toaster that is the **** you are going to be playing and your going to LIKE IT because you are not going to be downloading and playing Smite on a toaster.

Show me 2-3 Laptops that are under $400 that can run and play Smite to where its playable

I can show you tons of laptops that will run scrub league for the same price.

Since you all say you can run dat smite on laptops that are not expensive show me ANY laptop UNDER $400 that runs smite to the point its actually playable, not lagging or FPS so **** that you can't play it, it has to be a playable laptop.

Exactly, league has more players because of toaster fan base

The average laptop/computer owner is a TOASTER OWNER

Therefor most the players play on TOASTER GAMES

What do you not understand about toasters that I need to keep saying?

ICEN

Prominent (41)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }