Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 21 >>
Forum
Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 6 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 13, 2014 7:28pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I don't even know how to touch that comment so I won't.

But while I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you said, there are a few that are actively wrong.

First and foremost, that league graphics are bad - especially considering the new rework for season 5 that is changing every aesthetic involved in the main mode.

Two, that games need to be visually great? No? It's gameplay dude.

I'd prefer games not be trash talked, just compared. :)
If you think League's graphics are good or modern

please let me smoke whatever drug you are on, I have play station games better looking then League.
I have Nintendo 64 games that look almost as good if not the same and Sega Genesis games that look just as good.

Dota 2 looks way better and Dota 2 is not even that great compared to modern day games.

Let me ask you a question :

#1 - Do you think Team fortress is the best Game on Steam ?

#2 - Why do you think its the best game (Based on how many people play it)

You can give me your two answers to those but I will answer it for you

1st question - Hell no
2nd question - Because people can play TF2 on a toaster

Now tell me how that is not the same for league.

If I can play league on a toaster would you expect more people to play it?

Pretty sure that is an obvious YES

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » October 13, 2014 9:59pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Spoiler: Click to view

Not exactly what i was hoping for buy hey,

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 13, 2014 11:45pm | Report
Icen. Go look at dawngate's graphics.

I personally think league looks fine but hey i also have a turbo pc that runs it smooth with everything on the highest settings.

Either way if i would play gams for the soul purpose of graphics (shoot me if i ever do) then i would not be playing moba's or any free to play. I would be playing AAA games with a high budget that cost 70 bucks and half have a game locked behind dlc, yes icen graphics are soooooooo important that we should sell our souls and stop playing games we enjoy and go play those AAA titles like call of halo or battlefields of war...

Smite's graphics are not that great, compared to league they are indeed better but they are not that great... They are also not that ****ing important as to the point where people would limit them selfes in terms of games.

Your comparison of games like tf2 and league being so popular because potatoes can run them... If that were true smites busisness plan is badly made... Its not true fortunatly, tf2 is popular because of intuitive game design, good characters, balenced gameplay, good gamplay, playstyle options, good humor, gameplay options, being different from everyother fps ever.

Yeah a lot of those come back in why league is popular as well.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 14, 2014 12:13am | Report
uh... I want to contribute!.

Ah.... um... OK!

I play minecraft! :D
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » October 14, 2014 12:17am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Not exactly what i was hoping for buy hey,

So that just happened.. lol

I think a congratulations on your accuracy is in order.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 14, 2014 12:25am | Report
LoL graphics worse then ps1 lolz. what settings did you play it on minimum? I find them more equal to ps2 (Still I play on somewhere in the medium and if that's meant to be ps1 ghrapics then ps2 should have been worse then ps1.)

Also you make it sound that you play games for graphics?
Have fun spending a **** ton on a new graphics card to sustain your need for graphics and the loads of money for the game itself otherwise the graphics are outdated.

A lot of gamers have graphics standing below story and gameplay. If I would play a game with a bad story and/or gameplay but the graphics would be over the top. I would play it for maybe 1 hour and then quit it because it will be boring to play.

for me I mostly play outdated games on the graphics point of view. A good example is Rome Total War I over the 2nd one. as far as I have heard it was bad from the release (got better now). they even introduced some sort of king of the hill mode (Don't know if it's in the campaign but that would make it even worse over the old one) on a normal battlefield (not in the town). In that time you would murder entire armies not try to get a point somewhere defend it for some hours and then you got a victory over the other army -__-

also on your 2 questions
1st one: no I'm not the guy to play online PvP shooters. I prefer SP shooters or PvE shooters
2nd: It isn't there a way more better games because that isn't my genre.

The huge flaw with these 2 questions is it's personal preference. I don't like shooters that much so give me a reason the say immediately say its the best game on steam ever. someone who likes shooters will give you a whole different anwser.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 14, 2014 8:04am | Report
okay here is a topic for discussion.

what moba has the best skins made by the company it's self?(i know dota 2 has community made skins... those dont count.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 14, 2014 9:36am | Report
Smite ***** on skins... I don't care what anyone says, I haven't played dota 2 but I know Smite obliterates league with skins.

Smite not only has skins you can get with favor, skin not only has skins you can get with gems, treasure chest skins, they also have GOLDEN, LEGENDARY and DIAMOND SKINS..

Does league have that? Can you be Golden, Legendary or Diamond skins?

No, you either pay for a skin or you don't

Smite is daaaa best

When League gives me the option to unlock skins without paying for them you let me know and also let me know when they come up with like 4 classes of skins you can unlock without using money.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 14, 2014 10:26am | Report
i ment more in the way of estetics. not really in the respective payment system though yeah smite wins in that.

my list goes:

Dawngate, all skins have been worked into their lore and even the more redicouless one's like fridge desecrator. the skins can also be won though they have a low drop rate on the highest reward. they do have sales though they do still cost actual money.

league, the skins payment options like ICEN said aren't the best but since they live in a very similar world as ours some of the more redicouless skins do still make sence like the pool party skins, that is actually the only reason it ranks a little higher then smite in my opinion... because pretty much all of the skins i can still see in their world.

smite, smite's world is pretty much ours as they USE RELIGIONS OUT OF OUR WORLD. some of their skins i can still kind of see in our world like He Bro being hebo in moderd day learning about what mortals do for fun in the water or some one like agni's vulcanic skin being what happens if agni were to take more power something like that if hirez build lore around that.

but the skins like swagni quiet litterly being a pimp (which is not a good thing if you know what a pimp is and does) or skins like frakenstein osirus and the king bacchus being dumb references to people and things that existed that most of their main audince wasn't there for or didnt see or didn't care (at most they would get a "haha that existed... ha..." out of it and that would be it).

i mean they do that with soooo many skins where its 50's-80's references that the mayority of their audience just wasn't there for which makes the references dumb at best.

if they continue these refferences skins they should focus more on things out of the late 80's to early 2000's as that is most of their audience. like the new zhong qui skin which is a ghost buster reference, nice job hirezzzz aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they gave he bo a some what serious skin with a uranus joke... (HE IS SEEN AS A WHISE CHARACTER WHEN YOU GIVE HIM A SKIN WHERE HE CONTROLLS SPACE! KEEP HIM SERIOUS AND WHISE! minirantaside) (fyi i know cosmos hebo was introduced before)

idk. thats just my main problem with smite skins is that they are either bad refferences, tooooo sily or serious with one thing that ruins it. not to say that there are only bad skins though. base ball herc was funny and could be worked in as herc still going through trials int he modern day, expanding their understanding of our world today and so did little mana... sobek saying YOHOHO in the colonial age, was awesome. sun wukong startwars refference is something everybody could get.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 14, 2014 10:26am | Report
Not true, there are victorious skins you get for placing in gold or higher. And we weren't talking about buying or not buying skins, we asked which are the best.

Damn you are soooooo hateful towards league dude.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 21 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }