Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 21 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 18, 2014 4:22pm | Report
Im gonna pass out now. I'll see if this is locked in the morning.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 18, 2014 5:14pm | Report
Since there's more than one person actively calling for it to be locked, I'll do it. If someone else thinks it should remain active they can unlock it, and I'll pass it on, but since discussion has slowed to a crawl, hostility is at a high, and there is active requests for locking, I'm going to go ahead and do it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 18, 2014 6:54pm | Report
Pardon me for unlocking, but there is one last thing I would like to add.

There's more to the balance of a game competitively than the power of the characters within the game. If the game itself and the mechanics within the game are broken, then that is when the game is a joke competitively.

Let's compare! DotA 2 and Smite both have the philosophy of a very high power creep. Often, people say that everyone in DotA 2 is broken as ****, and that's why it's balanced. That's not the sole reason. Everyone is at the same power level. in credibly strong, but these incredibly strong characters practise good counterplay as well as game mechanics. Funnily enough, in DotA 2, not every mage is able to 100-0 you in the matter of 2 seconds like in Smite. In DotA 2, there is actual wave management and control within the game, unlike Smite where even last hitting does not matter. In DotA 2, there is actual mechanics surrounding characters, like stutter stepping and spell weaving, unlike Smite where basic attacks consist of holding down one button, and weaving spells is not ideal and you simply try to press every button as fast as you can. Yes, both games have characters that are broken as ****, but the difference is that Smite, as a whole, characters, mechanics, micromanagement, game is broken. Those that say the balance of a game lies solely on the power of the characters are shallow.

And those that say that our opinions are invalid because we don't even play the game anymore... Why do you think we stopped playing in the first place? If anything, our opinions are more valid than anything as we had to act upon the criticism we had for the game. A game develops through criticism, not praise. Those that favour a game tend to have more bias than those that oppose it.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }