Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 10 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 15, 2014 8:12am | Report
Well, for starters, i think that there's no bad MOBA.

There are good MOBAs, and there are BETTER MOBAs.

For me though, the better MOBA is SMITE.

Honestly, for me, SMITE's fast-paced, action-oriented, skills-galore gameplay is what sells the game for me. Heck, i haven't even spent any real money on SMITE, what with all the free gem events.

The thing i see from people (especially Subzero008) that hates on SMITE with all their heart, is that they care too much (and i mean TOO MUCH) about stats and numbers and balance of the game.

Quoting James Hunt from the movie Rush : "The moment you bring numbers in this, you kill all the fun".

Smite's balance, per se, is actually really sloppy. But it doesn't stop me from enjoying it. It doesn't stop Oxidate from playing it. It doesn't stop dacoqrs from kicking *** it. It doesn't stop Jordenito from playing it. It doesn't stop MadDany from curbstomping people with Hades. However, it DOES stop people like Subzero008 or Raventhor or Nex the Slayer from playing and enjoying the game.
But the point? THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN THAT. There is no problem is stopping doing something that you no longer enjoy.

The problem is when you defend something that you like, you "whitewash" this thing you like, and you paint the thing opposing this thing you like as the spawn of Lucifer. Especially when you try to kill people's fun in the thing they love. Smite has it's problem, League has it's problems, everything has it's problems. So, enjoy your favorite MOBAs and kick-***.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 15, 2014 8:54am | Report
@ferrumslash
uh RT still plays smite with all the fun he has had.

as for your thing about numbers.

i will bring that back the moment they bring in a person with global 1000 true damage and say:"oh dont worry the numbers don't mather :D you looking at them is what kills the fun".

all moba's are a number game and that includes smite no mather how faced pased or action pact it is. you will become a better player by simply looking at hp bars more and seeing that he has 300 hp but then see that if you do that you can kill him.

numbers dont kill fun for ****, they only help you make dem playz.
----
there is a difference... well a fine line would be a better discription between purely hating on something and heavely critising something. sub may go a little overboard but i dont think he has gotten to pure hate yet.

either way this thread is not ment to (and this is important) RUIN SOME ONE'S FUN! i could have done that in many ways that are more entertaining and more annoying and more effective.

the job of this thread is basicly talk about what other moba's do different and discuss if that is for the better or not and give insight into the rest of the genre as well as just getting some people interested in atleast trying new stuff, because honestly why limit your self. if you have tried in and dont like it well no problem, if you didnt also no problem if you did and liked it no problem.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 15, 2014 10:57am | Report
Woo I got referenced :D

(Also All4, you're ASDF movie reference did not go unnoticed. A+ 10/10 would recommend)

Ferrum is slightly accurate in how I feel about the game, but all4 is accurate in that I still play. The balance hurts me inside sometimes, but I can deal with it. :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 15, 2014 11:04am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Look, all4, it's clear that we have a bunch of league care bears, I mean players on Smitefire. It's already evident. There's like 2 people who are standing up for Smite and 8 standing up for League.

Like I said on the other thread, comparing MOBAS is pointless, League will always win because it's 2 against 10, essentially. I didn't count, but that sounds about right to me.

Just want to say btw, that I'm standing up for League because of how much ***** is being flung at it. I love smite, I really do, but you don't really see anyone absolutely TRASH talking smite here, do you? If anyone dislikes it, they're doing it in a very moderate way.

Conversely, ICEN has been smearing LoL this entire thread to the fullest extent, so since I like both games almost equally (I admit, I have a small tendancy towards league, but smite is still one of my favorite games both currently and of all time) I'm going to defend league. It didn't deserve the insults it was getting, so I stuck up for it.

Now if NECI, ICEN's alter ego, came in and started trash talking smite, you better believe I'd stick up for Smite too :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 15, 2014 11:20am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Look, all4, it's clear that we have a bunch of league care bears, I mean players on Smitefire. It's already evident. There's like 2 people who are standing up for Smite and 8 standing up for League.

Like I said on the other thread, comparing MOBAS is pointless, League will always win because it's 2 against 10, essentially. I didn't count, but that sounds about right to me.

also as a last FYI.

smite has not been getting only hate in this thread. if you look closely you see that just because of icen league has been getting more hate but from the serious people here not only love. i

if you look closely you could see that i have not only written bad about smite. it is no secret i started to dislike smite but i call it not blinding my self. i give credit where credit is do and i critisize where critisism is do.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 15, 2014 11:46am | Report
Smite is not that unbalanced...

Well at least from the top of my head,

List all the Gods any of you think is unbalanced and say why.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 15, 2014 11:57am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Well, for starters, i think that there's no bad MOBA.

There are good MOBAs, and there are BETTER MOBAs.

For me though, the better MOBA is SMITE.

Honestly, for me, SMITE's fast-paced, action-oriented, skills-galore gameplay is what sells the game for me. Heck, i haven't even spent any real money on SMITE, what with all the free gem events.

The thing i see from people (especially Subzero008) that hates on SMITE with all their heart, is that they care too much (and i mean TOO MUCH) about stats and numbers and balance of the game.

Quoting James Hunt from the movie Rush : "The moment you bring numbers in this, you kill all the fun".

Smite's balance, per se, is actually really sloppy. But it doesn't stop me from enjoying it. It doesn't stop Oxidate from playing it. It doesn't stop dacoqrs from kicking *** it. It doesn't stop Jordenito from playing it. It doesn't stop MadDany from curbstomping people with Hades. However, it DOES stop people like Subzero008 or Raventhor or Nex the Slayer from playing and enjoying the game.
But the point? THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN THAT. There is no problem is stopping doing something that you no longer enjoy.

The problem is when you defend something that you like, you "whitewash" this thing you like, and you paint the thing opposing this thing you like as the spawn of Lucifer. Especially when you try to kill people's fun in the thing they love. Smite has it's problem, League has it's problems, everything has it's problems. So, enjoy your favorite MOBAs and kick-***.

League doesn't really have much problems tho -_-

But yeah, as a "just for fun" game, I suppose it works.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 15, 2014 12:17pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Smite is not that unbalanced...

Well at least from the top of my head,

List all the Gods any of you think is unbalanced and say why.

Artemis is so OP. She has free crit chance, man. She's so overpowered. No other ADC can beat her in a fight OMG. Please nerf HiRez WTF are you thinking. SHE HAS A 2 SECOND SLOW FFS.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 15, 2014 12:21pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

League doesn't have that many problems though

Once again, an opinion. You say it has no problems, but yet I can name 20 reasons why I won't play it. Further reasoning why I dislike MOBA comparison stuff, but, whatever.

Raventhor wrote:

*something about supporting both, too lazy to find it*

Well said.

See, when it comes to League, it's personal. It's not JUST that I dislike League, it's that I love Smite so much, I'll bash it's competitors with extreme bias.

Due to that fact, I feel it is only right I do not try to defend Smite, even though usually I am extremely active (almost too active) in Smitefire discussions.

ICEN wrote:

List all of the gods you think are unbalanced and say why.

Yeah, that's gonna go down well. Sub will say something stupid, and then you'll say something stupid, then I'll be forced to jump in and say something stupid, and it'll go downhill from there.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 15, 2014 12:43pm | Report
You're too lazy to find the quote that's on the exact same page? O.o

But at least you actively won't jump in because you know you'll just insult other games. I can really respect that.

Also I can't tell if "well said" was sarcastic or genuine, heh.

But eh, I jumped back into a conversation I said was going nowhere. As you said, this is kinda why I don't like this type of thread, although I give credit to All4 for moving an off-topic rant into an on-topic thread, this has spurred a lot of discussion. I just don't like the discussion anymore, so I think I'll bid my adieu. :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }