Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 16 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 17, 2014 2:40pm | Report
I like Smite's characters solely because they're actual figures from mythology, and I've always been a big fan of various different mythologies, so seeing them translated into game is pretty fun. I agree that some of the newer ones don't seem all that special, but for the most part, I think, despite all their balancing faults, HiRez does pretty well with handling each mythological character, giving them a personality that usually fits pretty well with each character, and a skillset that, at the very least, pays homage to the character or stories behind the characters. Again, this is for the most part. Some of them are a bit iffy to me. I mean, I love Isis, but the whole theme of her jokes and stuff revolving around chickens and wings and stuff? Bleh.

I really like LoL characters, despite not knowing too many of them. The ones I do know are very unique, and it's fun reading the lore behind them, how they fit into the entire game, and how the interact with other characters. Smite does have a small snippet of lore behind each character, but it's not really that entertaining, considering you can just go read what they write on a Wikipedia page or something. Plus, there is very little actually connecting each character in terms of the game. There are some connections that are based on the mythology behind the characters, but Smite just doesn't have any lore to connect everyone together. That's one thing I respect about LoL a lot, is that the artistic side of making each character isn't just the visuals of the character. They also have people crafting the story of the character and how they interact with others and their purpose in the game. At least, I'm assuming this much because that's what I've seen with the characters I know and have bothered looking into.

Dawngate, from what I've been told, is also rich in lore. Sub has told me about Kindra, who sounds interesting, and when I tried playing it (and with Smite being a ***** to me, I'm seriously thinking of trying it again), I looked into Sakari, and the lore behind her seemed pretty interesting. I don't know much about the picture as a whole, but from what I've seen, I'm sure it has great potential as far as characters and lore goes.

Granted, it's a lot easier to make connections to the big story, other characters, and such when you're creating your own characters, rather than grabbing them from actual characters, but I do give LoL points for being better at writing their characters than Smite. Though, as I don't play LoL and know even less about DG, I'm not an expert on those games. Like I said before, I think HiRez does a good job for the most part with taking these characters and translating them into the game. I wish we could have some extensive lore about the game and why they're fighting, but it's not really needed to make Smite an entertaining game with fun characters.

This whole response pretty much went to just the written aspect of each character rather than their looks, but lore is still part of design.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 17, 2014 3:00pm | Report
Ironically, their portrayal of most of the gods/heroes/mythical creatures is one of the things I dislike the most about the game (as the regulars on Smitefire know all too well by now). The vast majority (if not every single one of) the gods are either portrayed blatantly wrong (as was the case for Ao Kuang) or wrong enough to be bothersome (Hercules, Chaac [as much as I love him anyway], Ares, almost literally everybody else)
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 17, 2014 5:46pm | Report
Hey ICEN, newsflash, no one called Vamana or such UP/OP.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 17, 2014 9:04pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Hey ICEN, newsflash, no one called Vamana or such UP/OP.

Sub part of this is for you, the rest of this post if for EVERYONE who this post is ment for which is half of the forum.

Um news FLASH YES people did, just like you called Nemesis a bad God then was saying she was broken, then when I told you "I thought you said she was bad?" then you said... oh...
Broken as in ... bad...

Yaaaaaa sureeee that what you ment......

A **** load of you be hating on Gods calling them scrub picks but then contradict your own threads when you are in game saying how the god is OP....

BTW Sub Nemesis is picked by Pros to counter Zhong so I doubt Nemesis is broken as in BAD.

Lastly, you are ONE of the people that said Odin wasn't going to be ****, then everyone started **** riding Odin and how his burst is good making threads about how good Odin is.

Yea, I can bring up **** from the past where a lot of people on this forum either called a God garbage like Vamana/Odin/Nemesis and then later on say the exact opposite.

YOu think nobody was calling Vamana a scrub before?

Wow where the hell have you been?

Vamana used to be NEVER played by pros now they all spam his *** because someone one day decided to be good with him.

Just like old ****ing Zeus, who remembers that ****ing ZEUS????

I recall EVERYONE calling Zeus a ****ing garbage scrub low tier piece of **** God, then everyone jumped on Zeus's **** and made him a TOP TIER pick where people had to actually start banning his ***.

That was when he had the stun, your excuse can't be (OH its because he was OP then)

No, because even when he was OP people called him garbage, ****, scrub, low tier, it wasn't until pros started playing him and pwning that people all of a sudden jump on Zeus's ****.

I am confused on what the hell you guys think is over powered and underpowered.

You guys keep changing your mind, I stay the same on what I say.

IF I claim a ****er is OP then I'm not changing my mind about it.

Most of you guys say a God is OP then you go right back to saying they are UP, or you will call a God UP then a few days later go in game and cry about how their have a OP move that does too much damage.

By the way, like I said, half you kids on the forum are liars anyways.

I been on for like 2 days strait all day and all of you lairs who say you play Smite where not on at all not even once for 10 minutes.

Yes, I messaged the other people IN GAME to show them, I am pretty sure I told most people in game "Where are all of these FORUM players that lie and say they play smite???"

B E C A U S E I S E E N O N E O F Y O U

Its always the same people from this forum on Smite.

All you other people just lie 24/7 and expect people to believe everything you say as if you guys are some Smite God who knows everything about Smite.

Like I said

#1 - You people contradict your own ****, first you guys say one thing then you guys say another, you call one god too weak, then in game complain its too strong, or call one God low tier then call it high tier, or say a god is **** then say how that god isn't **** and needs nerfed.

#2 - The rest of you lie and act like you play smite, no you don't, even the people who are more active on smite only play that **** for like 30 minutes at most.

I don't like liars very simple

Don't say, OH I play Smite, but your *** is never actually playing it, I even confirmed that **** with others who are actually playing Smite, I even said "WHERE ARE THESE FORUM PLAYERS AT??"

No where, like I said, half of you are league scrubs who don't even play Smite, you are on this forum and don't even play the game, why are you here? I don't give 2 anus monkeys why any of you are here.

The point is, don't be a lying ******** and people on this forum try to act like they play smite when they don't even get on twice a week fro 30 minutes.

*I been on for 3 Days strait all day, WHERE THE **** ARE YOU GUSY THEN???*

Because your lairs like I already said 3 days ago, prove me wrong when I'm right because I already confirmed all you liars who say you play smite where not on, I even asked other people from this forum if you guys were on at ALL, nobody seen your ***es.

Its always the same people from this forum on Smite, like 1-4 on at any given moment. Mainly 1-2, the rest of you don't play Smite, quit lying OKAY???

I do a lot of things, at least I don't lie and act like I do something when I don't.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 17, 2014 9:12pm | Report
Bang Bang, by the way I am not mad... Eh... I re-read mah post and realized it sounds like I am angry or something Rofl... but its because I been spamming more bad words....

SO yea, I'm not angry I'm just using words like **** to let you know how annoying you people are.

I just want to say to very simple things

#1 - A lot of you don't even know what your talking about on Gods, I have caught so many people contradicting their threads its not even funny, in game I have talked to like 3 people contradicting their own thread on here crying how a Good is too good or too bad, after 1 day ago just making a thread saying the exact opposite.

#2 - 70% of you on this forum just strait up lie and act like you play smite.

Um no you don't.

Just because you shoot basketball once every 2 weeks at the playground does not make you a basket ball player.

And about 30% of that 70% who don't actually play Smite actually admit they don't play Smite.
At least for them I have some respect because they do not lie as if they are playing it.

The other 40% who don't actually play just lie and act like they play so they think their word means something when they talk about the game.

Well unless your actually PLAYING the damn game, you don't know ****.

Seeing **** and playing **** is two different things.

I can see water, but you don't know WTF water is like until you swim in it now do you?

My point is, if you people are going to lie and say you are on Smite, I EXPET TO SEE YOU ON, I am on all the time.

There is no excuse, oh you must of missed, me, ya? What did I miss you 2,000 times in one week?

Doubt it

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 17, 2014 9:25pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Snip

You fail to recognize sarcasm.

"Merc is balanced."

"Art is OP."

"Nem is balanced."

"Nem is broken."

Sarcastic.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 17, 2014 9:40pm | Report
Bro I was on WHILE YOU WERE ON.

Surprisingly I play with other people. I played with Green and Best Minion Ever, along with his friend.

I don't mind rants (although they're painful to read) nor do I mind opposing viewpoints, but when you're in denial, or worse, straight up lie...that's where I can't even argue anymore.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 17, 2014 10:06pm | Report
Who is this directed to? ^

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 17, 2014 10:12pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Bro I was on WHILE YOU WERE ON.

Surprisingly I play with other people. I played with Green and Best Minion Ever, along with his friend.

I don't mind rants (although they're painful to read) nor do I mind opposing viewpoints, but when you're in denial, or worse, straight up lie...that's where I can't even argue anymore.
ANd where did I mention your name???? Do you know what 70% is????
That means 30% of you are on..

derp, I already seen you on yesterday, then you got off once I got on

and no its not a lie the rest are not on

only a select few of us are always on

If I made a list of everyone I see on you would LITERALLY see the same people over and over

I could literally name the people not on but Yea I don't feel like being a further **** and pointing out what is already said.

Sub you were not being sarcastic don't try to play it off and be slick

I know one things for sure, your sure an hell are not slicking your way out of the day you said Odin will still be garbage, because there was no sarcasm in that

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 17, 2014 10:17pm | Report
Because you've responded the exact same argument several times throughout this thread, including in response to me.

And bro he was absolutely being sarcastic, apparently you're the one that can't tell. He trashtalks artemis all the time. I didn't see the other gods he listed but as soon as I saw artemis I knew.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }