Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 21 >>
Forum
Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 3 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » October 12, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Thread: Talk about moba comparisons here so we don't derail a thread!
*derails a thread with the definition of pessimist*
A+

Omg. This seriously made me lol..

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 12, 2014 2:37pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

as for runes, dawngates loadout system fixes this a pretty well by combining masteries and runes into one system and allowing you to get things for load outs as a reward after a match. its a pretty good system.

That sounds much better than Runes. Rune drop at the end of the match would still make things better than having to buy them. And I find them seriously overpriced to be honest.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » October 12, 2014 2:47pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

All MOBA are good, they have different pros and cons

SMITE : Action
LoL : Mechanic
DOTA : KNowledge

Honestly. This is probably the most accurate description without pissing anyone off.

Smite: Everything is very physical, you have to aim everything, abilities and auto-attacks, which creates a very "Brawl" like action Moba. The skill tends to be your accuracy, and very on the spot decisions.

LoL: Very mechanics based. Every ult is not a HUGE aoe like smite. Most things are single targets or tiny lines. actives are single target, not huge aoe's so you have to know WHO to cast it on, not just when to have it. I feel team comp matters more here too, and matches are a lot of the time decided before the game starts. Althought it's not impossible to win a counter-comp. but you need some good strategy to get up on them.

DoTa2 : I really haven't played much. But it's mostly because THERES JUST SO MUCH TO KNOW. So Knowledge is pretty accurate. haha. Can't really say much. Although it basically has everything and more. I really don't like the slidey movement in DoTa and was turned off by it.

Edit: I did play the original DoTa back in wc3 days. but it was too long ago to remember.

As for Dawngate: I feel very much the same boat as LoL. But more streamlined and gets rid of all the traditional moba annoyances. I also like the item systems. You really feel like you can tinker and customize your champion during the match. Has less content.. but if you like the game, and want to grow with it. That's not much of a problem.

That being said. My top 3 moba's. 1. Smite 2. Dawngate 3. League .Sorry DotA, I'll leave you for the Russians. Bahah.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 12, 2014 2:58pm | Report
Romanians wrote:

That sounds much better than Runes. Rune drop at the end of the match would still make things better than having to buy them. And I find them seriously overpriced to be honest.

Well the point of the entire systems is adding paytowin without adding pay to win. It as a whole is a money grab that had minimal impact on the game but is still neccesary.

Even if the runes can't be bought with real money, you are spending in runes and not on champs which will get people interested in purchasing them with money.

Out if all the moba's smite handles this system the best by not having it.
Followed by dawngate by being able to get things as rewards and will soon have a currency only obtainable as rewards spesificly for loadouts.

Then at the bottom of the barrel is lol with is 7 extra rune pages for 20ish bucks.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 12, 2014 3:57pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Followed by dawngate by being able to get things as rewards and will soon have a currency only obtainable as rewards spesificly for loadouts.

Then at the bottom of the barrel is lol with is 7 extra rune pages for 20ish bucks.

Add Dota above smite for this as well, since all of the characters are also free, and all skin pieces are dropped as in-game rewards bar a few special ones for events and such :P.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 12, 2014 3:58pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Well the point of the entire systems is adding paytowin without adding pay to win. It as a whole is a money grab that had minimal impact on the game but is still neccesary.

Even if the runes can't be bought with real money, you are spending in runes and not on champs which will get people interested in purchasing them with money.

That's more like a play-a-lot to win. Level 30 players can and will have some advantage over newbies besides experience. But it's also a subtle pay to win.

I promised myself I won't throw any money on LoL but I found myself buying 2 champs as well IP boosts (which are so damned expensive) with RP. It makes you run out of patience and tempt you to invest in it real money at some point more than Dota or Smite.

EDIT: I'm enjoying the hell out of this game regardless.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 12, 2014 6:30pm | Report
JOIN ME IN HOTS GOYS!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 12, 2014 7:39pm | Report
Is HotS still in its invite-only stage?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 12, 2014 7:45pm | Report
Sadly it is.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » October 12, 2014 8:07pm | Report
well once they let the invites only invite people with invites, plz invite me.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 21 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }