Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SF Update - Additional Visual Updates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SF Update - Additional Visual Updates 37 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » December 12, 2018 3:01pm | Report

Hey everyone,

Today, we have a few additional visual updates to announce, which were meant to be part of our recent update but ultimately took slightly longer to finalize. Let's have a look!

Visual Update: Header

Firstly, we've revamped the look of the header as well as the main menu, which will now also be on full display regardless of the page a user is viewing. This new menu should provide (close to) the same functionality as it did before the update, but has a clean, new look. Clicking on your own username in the top right corner of the screen will also open a slide-out menu, shown on the right hand side in the screenshot below.

<Click to view full size image>

This menu provides quick access to any guides the user has saved as well as any tools which the user may have access to. Users can also opt to visit or edit their profile and log out in this menu.

Visual Updates: View Guide

In addition the header & menu changes, there are also a number of visual updates to the guide cheatsheets across the site. The updated sections which cheatsheets now consist of are shown in the screenshots below (using boogiebass' Fenrir guide as an example):

Similar to the god pages, the top of the page now consists of a banner which displays the splash art of a specific god. The guide's author, score and voting buttons are displayed on the left side of this panel.

Purchase orders within the cheatsheet have also received a visual update, while retaining the ability of adding notes which allow authors to further explain their choices.

The skill order has remained similar to its old design, but now also displays an overview of the (default) controls for each platform that SMITE can be played on.

Finally, we felt like the most recent addition to SMITEFire guide cheatsheets - Threats - could also use a visual upgrade. From now on, a visual indicator will display the amount of gods which the user has included in the Maximum/Major/Even/Minor/Tiny sections, and clicking on any of these sections will display the icons of every god within it. Readers can click on any of the individual icons to read what the author has to say about them.

Miscellaneous

• Added god icons to guides which are displayed in user profiles.
  • Added a small visual indicator to denote the start of a new chapter within user guides.

Please let us know what you think of these updates by commenting below!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » December 12, 2018 3:07pm | Report
Looking good.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » December 12, 2018 3:22pm | Report

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » December 12, 2018 4:11pm | Report

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » December 12, 2018 4:34pm | Report
I'm honored you used my guides for the Visual Update demonstration!

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 12, 2018 5:02pm | Report
I like it, Wayne and programmers!!! Thanks!!!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » December 12, 2018 7:37pm | Report
This is a great update. I'm grateful for those whose efforts made this possible.

One of my favorite additions is the new Profile slide-out menu. Being able to view or edit one of your guides straight from the current page you're on is very convenient.

The Visual Updates are all very nice as well. I especially like the new Threats section and the way that it is organized.

Thank you!

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » December 13, 2018 6:14am | Report
I liked all the changes. The site now looks like more modern.

But guides that has more than 1 build, like my Love, find your mark!, the other builds (old build 2, build 3...) are, in my opinion, a little hidden. I think a lot of people will not see the other builds and they are important, assault build in this example has a different start and build.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by midwayrhyme » December 13, 2018 6:56am | Report
site looks good, but I believe there is a bug because when trying to click on the discussion tab when looking in guides doesn't appear to work

midwayrhyme

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » December 13, 2018 7:04am | Report
Mysterionz is right. I had te same concern.
Midway, I didn't experience this bug. Are you on pc or mobile?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }