Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SF Update - Additional Visual Updates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SF Update - Additional Visual Updates 37 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 13, 2018 1:42pm | Report
OOOHHHHHH...LOL I didn't even pay attention to that. Duh.

That said, there's a ton of wasted space immediately below it. As the table of contents stay at the top right while scrolling through a guide, there's a ton of blank space immediately below. I don't see the harm in opening this up in the case there are more than 5 chapters.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 27, 2018 3:03pm | Report
Hey Mowen/Wayne,

One thing I noticed that I'm not sure I like...

The new header look (in builds, comments, etc., NOT the main website header) isn't a unique header look anymore. Rather, it just looks like size=5. It used to have a slightly different background color in a full bar across the entire width.

Possible to reinstate the h1 function with that background, or at least something that makes it look at all different from larger font?

ALSO...one more request. Can we get a notes function for the skill leveling order as well?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » December 28, 2018 12:20am | Report
I'd like to see attack progression on gods.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 28, 2018 10:36am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

I'd like to see attack progression on gods.

I agree. Mowen/Wayne, one major thing missing from SF is reference to the god's stats.

Check this Kali Wiki page for examples: https://smite.gamepedia.com/Kali

On the right side there's a summary, and it provides all starting and per level stats, along with other details like basic attack damage and progression, which is what Gulf is referring to.

Not sure how/where you'd add this, but it would be nice.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » December 30, 2018 5:17am | Report
Those stats would be mostly irrelevant if SF doesn't use them for anything, though.

Unless SF added a feature that could calculate total numbers based on those base stats combined with items (if I'm not mistaken, EliteOwnage (or whatever his name is) site does this), you have to search / calculate for it yourself anyway, which would make those numbers just clutter the site doesn't need.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 30, 2018 10:01am | Report
Wiki doesn't use them for anything other than the basic stated numbers either. I still think it would be nice to have. If nothing else the attack progression we were talking about would absolutely NOT be irrelevant.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » December 30, 2018 10:31am | Report
The wiki presents all kinds of "information" that is largely irrelevant for your common / casual player (the people expected to visit this site mostly). I'm pretty sure the wiki also has the gods' their lore written on their pages. SF's purpose is different than that of the wiki, the wiki aiming to provide information pulled straight from the game itsself.

Base stats are definitely mostly irrelevant, aside from maybe your attack progression, and even that is tricky as attack progression, imo, only matters in AA cancelling scenarios and items that use basic attacks as a means to convey their power / effects. Even then, most gods have a standard "1" attack progression.

If SF spends resources to include such data which would be mostly irrelevant to the audience this site is supposed to reach, they should do it right and make that data relevant, by having the website actually do something with that data, and have it calculate total outputs with items, for example.

I can't imagine a player looking for a build to come to this website and wonder what the gods' base stats are. What I can imagine is that player wanting to look at the builds, and see which build provides the most magical defense, for example, etc.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 30, 2018 11:07am | Report
Hmmm, I can't argue with those points. Basically, it would be awesome to have SF employ functions like EliteOwnage and make those stats functional within the main purpose of the site... To help with builds.

That said, with build concept comes knowing attack progression. Knowing if a gods basic cleaves, or has a shorter progression for Qin's, etc. I'd be fine just adding in info about the gods basics. But where would be the question.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BigMISS1018 » January 12, 2019 12:52pm | Report
For some reason since this update I cant invite my friends to parties. XBoxs reads that there is a problem but I would like it fixed. This seems like a Smite problem.

BigMISS1018

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » January 12, 2019 3:20pm | Report
BigMISS1018 wrote:

For some reason since this update I cant invite my friends to parties. XBoxs reads that there is a problem but I would like it fixed. This seems like a Smite problem.

You'll need to file a support ticket with HiRez. SmiteFire isn't associated with them and we can't help you with your specific issue. Also, this thread is about a visual update to this website, not the actual game.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }