Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

5.1 Patch Notes | Season 5

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 5.1 Patch Notes | Season 5 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » January 24, 2018 8:11am | Report
Two questions for anyone who has played PTS, (I haven't found the time to download and play PTS myself).
1.) Would you say these map and jungle changes help out AA assassins like Mercury and Kali be more viable or do they need something extra?
2.) Is crit on hunters more possible now or is it still the inferior choice compared to pen builds with there now being two tank items designed to counter crit?

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2018 10:35am | Report
Hey Shini,

So, I've only played the one PTS game that I recorded and linked in my blog. That said, I think I have enough of a grasp that I can reasonably answer this question (at least theorize).

1.) Would you say these map and jungle changes help out AA assassins like Mercury and Kali be more viable or do they need something extra?

Mercury will have a tougher time with his ult engage/chase/escape, due to the higher amount of twists & turns in the jungle, as well as the fog preventing him from spotting far enemies. That said, with the larger jungle, any Jungler that catches a vulnerable enemy in the jungle might be able to finish them off more easily...larger jungle can mean enemy teammates might not get there to help in time. Unless they nerf Talaria Boots, I think it might be a standard item for Merc, even over Warrior Tabi, which will also help his rotations.

I think Kali will be fine. Her kit already utilizes a lot of MS (with Hastened Katana being a core item and possibly Stone Cutting Sword as well).

For junglers with weaker clears, the changes to the jungle minions (lower health and base physical protections) mean that all junglers will be on a perhaps a bit more even footing.

2.) Is crit on hunters more possible now or is it still the inferior choice compared to pen builds with there now being two tank items designed to counter crit?

I actually don't know on this one. We're not only seeing a weird change to Deathbringer (though I feel it's probably a buff due to the cost reduction and crazy increase in crit chance), but we're also seeing Spectral Armor gain a nice counter to crit (cuts crit bonus damage in half). You mentioned 2 tank items designed to counter crit, but I'm not sure what would be the 2nd one...

As for Spectral being a tank item...I'm not so sure. It seems like more of a specific counter-item for bruisers (where they might switch something out for Spectral in the late-game if having a particularly difficult time with a crit hunter). Full tanks will automatically be able to take a bit more damage, and I'd expect them to be more susceptible to a Qin's / TB build...with Crit, you'll likely see it paired with The Executioner.

I see both Qin's and crit builds being viable...or *shudder* Qin's + Crit. Bleh. Full build of Ninja Tabi, Devourer's Gauntlet, The Executioner, Rage, Deathbringer, Qin's Sais. +60% attack speed, 70% crit chance, 24% lifesteal, major anti-tank potential + squishy potential. That's disgusting.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » January 24, 2018 11:09am | Report
Greenevers wrote:
dis gonna be a whole new game

This is pretty much how I feel. I main Conquest, and the points you mentioned are the same ones that made me think, "Wow, this is gonna take some getting used to".

Even after reading all the notes and watching videos of people in the PTS, I'm still not sure how it will feel to play in the new season. I'll have to wait until I can actually feel it out for myself.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » January 24, 2018 11:48am | Report
Thanks a lot Bran. I thought Hide of the Nemean Lion was specifically for crit just cause it was built so much in the last meta to counter hunters who were building crit at the time.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2018 11:59am | Report
Oh Hahahaha brain fart, yup Nemean too. Was only thinking about changed items.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » January 29, 2018 6:05am | Report
Hotfix #3, Jan 24

Hotfix #4, Jan 25

Hotfix #5, Jan 26

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }