Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tips for getting better?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Tips for getting better? 36 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 10, 2014 8:42pm | Report
OKEY (I have not read a single comment on the thread so I might recap some stuff):

First of, Mute EVERYONE every game (when I (and a lot of the ppl on SF) started to play Smite this wasn't a big deal, but now you got A LOT of LoL and Dota players (not saying that all LoL and Dota players are BM) trying out Smite and just being BM as ****)

Strike that! The absolutely first thing you should do is learn what the god does. Smite is pretty basic when it comes to gameknowledge so like 3-4 hours should be enough to give you a really good understanding of the game. Look up videos, guides etc on gods that interest you (just make sure that you find quality stuff) and not a Anubis guide that maxes the 2 first etc. Streams is a ****ing goldmine BTW.

Then learn to watch the map 90% of the time, like it is SOOOO much more important than in LoL and Dota. Ppl do not understand how big of a deal it is, you can not see the enemy jungle/support/mid/solo be careful as **** (if you are jungle/mid/adc/solo, as support you kind of just have to worry about where the enemy support is)

After that it is mostly game mechanics that you have to practice, stuff like being fast with beads/aegis, counting cooldowns, watching rotations, hitting skillshots (AA's and abilities), juking etc.

Basic gameknowledge (which is 90% of the reason that ppl lose games IMO, stuff as simple as "being 4 ppl in mid lane and the enemy HOG3 backing = a free GF" sometimes just does not register fore some ppl) so LEARN TO ****ING PLAY THE GAME! Do not be that ****ing scrub that is either is getting caught 1v2+ late game or is pushing ****ing FG side as Geb when GF is up for the taking :p

That is all I got, PM me if you got any specific questions and I'll at least try to answer them! =)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 11, 2014 1:56am | Report
the necros on a thread from may -_-

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 11, 2014 6:15am | Report
Devampi wrote:

the necros on a thread from may -_-

haha lol did not even notice :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 11, 2014 6:17am | Report
Quit smite. That's the only way to get better

Let the necro continue!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deltacow » October 28, 2014 7:27pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Quit smite. That's the only way to get better

Let the necro continue!

The positivity is strong with this one.

Deltacow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 28, 2014 7:39pm | Report
#threado'necros

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by danylp88 » January 24, 2015 2:58am | Report
Hy everyone , I am trying to make Artemis stronger but I don`t understand how to build the items . I`ve seen there are the following categories : starter , core , damage , defensive , active and consumables . Which items are the best for these categories for Artermis , please response .

danylp88

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 24, 2015 5:10am | Report
well starter is normally Death's Toll and Spiked Gauntlet or Boots (gauntlet normally rushed before boots) after that it depends on the build your going I would recommend crit because of the passive.

in the end this build will look like (you can take Rage before Deathbringer but artemis passive allows Deathbringer before Rage:
Devourer's Gauntlet> Warrior Tabi> The Executioner> Deathbringer> Rage> Titan's Bane

you normally won't build defensive items on an adc but items that can be of use are Hide of the Urchin- Void Shield-magi's blessing.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by galiative » April 5, 2015 1:19am | Report
i only got a few tips for you

1)dont rush for the kill,killing is this game takes alot of time so chill.

2) play other gods and dont concentrate on only one god,this will let you learn what other gods can do

3) watch youtubers like drybear or fg3000.

4) have fun and be commit!!
(sorry for bad english)

galiative

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by danylp88 » April 5, 2016 1:57pm | Report
How can I buy the Primal Huntress skin , what do I have to do to get it ?

danylp88

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }