Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tips for getting better?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Tips for getting better? 36 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 6, 2016 1:20pm | Report
I believe the skin is a chest skin and if it isn't in one of the current chest you need to wait till they switch the content (I don't know the time period on this however I believe it's monthly or so otherwise per patch) If you can't buy the skin directly for gems

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GenesisShadows » May 1, 2016 8:52am | Report
Since Hades is my main I can give you lots of advice there :). Like some other people said, the players that just yell at you and tell you you're terrible are for the most part, idiots. Just ignore them. As far as Hades goes, just wait until they stand in their minion wave and 1, 2, 3. Or you can do 1, 4, 3. The key to using Hades is scaring the enemies. Many times when I use the 1, 2, 3 combo and take them down to half health, they just run away even though they could probably kill me at that point since I used up all my abilities. Try to build Hades with high enough damage to make them panic when you get near and they'll be much less agressive

GenesisShadows

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FelixNoOkami » May 19, 2016 4:11am | Report
A few questions came to my mind as i read this...
I hope I am allowed to ask them here ._.
First: I do not have any friends who play this nor am i able to ask a mentor, as i found noone who speaks German. What can i doto train then?

Second: What shoud i know about every god? So: What should i study and how should i leran all of that?

Thank you ....

FelixNoOkami

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 19, 2016 12:49pm | Report
well a lot of stuff is practice (like hitting things)

What you want to know is what can gods and items do etc. so you won't get surprised.

And well ask questions about stuff (however do that on forums not in game unless mentor).

Most of stuff is something you learn out of experience and practice after a while you know when is the best time to attack etc.

I do recommend to read up on some things regarding roles and ask questions on stuff you don't really understand. However just playing is the best way to learn (also listen to people depending on stuff they say sometimes they just say stupid stuff you can't do anything with and sometimes they try to help you. It's hard to see which people try to help mroe then be toxic towards you sometimes)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FelixNoOkami » May 21, 2016 4:20pm | Report
Thank you. I´ll try that! Just one more question. Should I concentrte on mastering one god first or train with a few different at the beginning?

FelixNoOkami

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 21, 2016 4:33pm | Report
I think if you're doing conquest, you should have 1 god you can play in each role starting out, and try your best to stick to one role as often as possible so that you can really learn it. Eg: I played Chang'e in solo for most of my time first starting out, but if I couldn't get solo, I'd go Ra in mid, Athena as support, Artemis as ADC and Nemesis as jungle.

Once you get comfortable playing all those roles with each character you can begin branching out (eg: I tried Poseidon in mid and Arachne in the jungle).

If you're doing Arena or another gametype, I'd still try to have 5 gods that you can play so that you can make a good team composition with your team (eg: if you only play Artemis, then you're probably going to have a bad game if your team already has an Ah Muzen Cab and Medusa).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FelixNoOkami » May 21, 2016 8:13pm | Report
My problem is, no matter how often i try to read myself into all these roles and terms, i still do not seem to comprehend what it actually means or what i have to do. Is there any way to make it easier to take it all up? I´m sorry that you have to handle me, i´m just a complete noob to all this moba stuff :/. Also... what is the best way to find out which gods suit you? Just playing them once isn´t going to help decide...
Again, I´m sorry. You can just ignore it when it gets too difficult to handle me.

My main god right now is Nemesis, which I am playing kind of outside the roles.
My style probably comes closest to jungling since I try to help the different lanes when in need, although I do not do much about the camps themselves because nobody takes them anyway. I think thats like that because I have no friends I can play Smite with and so have to play with always new strangers with different styles. So my main problem right now is to figure out how to jungle and counter jungle.
And i know that there s mentoring, but since I´m not confident about my verbal English (I´m German), i cannot ask for help there either. Sorry for these long texts.

FelixNoOkami

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 22, 2016 10:26am | Report
don't worry about the long text (sometimes you see people write 3-4 pages as a comment.

Mentoring does looks like the best option. Or maybe videos can also help a bit (because jungling isn't easy to explain). However I don't know if we have anybody who is able to speak german.

As to find a certain god which suits you it really is play them and discover their playstyle (which can take more then 1 game). Same goes for discovering roles.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FelixNoOkami » May 23, 2016 8:28am | Report
So i should try just playing every god in every role he might be useful in?

FelixNoOkami

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 23, 2016 8:51am | Report
Honestly I think for someone just starting out, it's probably best to just try each god in the role they're most intended for. In general:
  • Mages: Mid lane
  • Warriors: Solo lane
  • Assassins: Jungle
  • Hunters: ADC
  • Guardians: Support

Some exceptions to this include: Ao Kuang (Jungle), Freya (jungle), Hel (solo), Aphrodite (solo), Bakasura (solo), and Loki (solo). Of course many other gods can be played in different roles with equal effectiveness (eg: Chang'e & Chronos mid/solo), but if you follow this guideline you'll never be playing them somewhere where they're not intended.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }