Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for someone to practice

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for someone to practice 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Danafold » November 25, 2018 8:59am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Hi Dana,

Alright, so I checked out some of your history. Since I can't comment right now on actual gameplay, I'll just say for now that it'll do you a lot of good to learn a bit more about builds...some of your builds are okay, but some could use some work.

You can't change who you play against each match, or who you're going up against...the one variable you can solidify is your build and build knowledge overall.

If you'd like, I can take a couple examples of your matches and explain why a different build would be better.

As for your comment about being aggressive and predictable...the only thing you can do is remind yourself every game. Don't get into the same habit over and over. If you find you're dying a lot, you want to try backing off and being more patient.

A first target might be to try not to die more than 5 times a match...at least in a Joust or Arena match. Gets you thinking defensively...but if you go overboard on that concept, it might also make you too passive...and proper balance (knowing WHEN you can be aggressive, and when you should back off and regroup) is the key.

Another target would be...don't go negative...it's of course more acceptable to be negative if you're a tank/support, but you always want to aim to die as little as possible, and get more kills.

Big concept here is...kills aren't everything. You're probably doing your team a better service if you go 5-2-15 vs. 12-10-5.

i would love to see some examples of builds that i could have changed them please.

Danafold

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Danafold » November 25, 2018 9:02am | Report
and i would love to show u my gameplay i oculd always record a game and link the video file too you

Danafold

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 25, 2018 2:18pm | Report
Definitely post some vid and I'll provide feedback. I'm sure others could too.

Alright...

Athena Arena match

Thanatos Joust match

Loki Joust match

Medusa Joust match

Anyway, those are examples...builds could definitely see improvement, and it should help your overall success to some degree when you improve those...but you're also dying a lot, which means you might be out of position, too aggressive, etc.

Let me know if you have questions or want me to provide further feedback on anything.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Danafold » November 25, 2018 4:52pm | Report
ok will do, ill get on that rn, but thana is the only god i really play now outta that group medusa was just my first god a won a ranked duel with, i mostly play achilles and arito if u had some buidling tip on those two as well ?

Danafold

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 25, 2018 10:19pm | Report
So...assuming still Joust? Or Conquest? And are you playing Achilles as bruiser or main tank for Joust, or are you going Solo in Conquest? I'll assume you're playing Artio as main tank and/or Support...but either way, some build choices will depend on the enemy comp and your team's comp.

I'd like to point out this post, and in particular, my response, for the Joust mode. https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/joust-composition-strategies-21017

So, for Artio in Joust, let's say she's got a mage on her team, and is facing 2 magical enemies and 1 phys. With her potential damage output, I'd start either Shoes of Focus or Reinforced Shoes, and probably get Void Stone next. That will counter the 2 magical enemies, and also give a damage boost to your mage as well.

But if facing 1 magical and 2 physical, I'd either get Breastplate of Valor or maybe even Sov...Reinforced + BoV, or Focus + Sov maybe...they balance each other out.

The rest of your build depends on what you need to counter. Healing? Pestilence. Etc. etc. There's no set build there...it's all going to depend on each situation. This is why it's really helpful to just get comfortable building as you see fit...building for a purpose.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Danafold » November 26, 2018 5:55pm | Report
thank you man i apriciate it ill get back to u with gameplay or if u wanna see me play we can play if ur up for that if not ill link a vid instead

Danafold

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }