Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mayan God: Bahlam, Jaguar God of the Underworld

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Mayan God: Bahlam, Jaguar God of the Underworld 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pure Panphobia » August 14, 2017 2:26pm | Report

Bahlam, Jaguar God of the Underworld

Abilities

PASSIVE
ABILITY
Undead Protectors (Passive): Successfully damaging an enemy with one of Bahlam's abilities adds stacks to Undead Protectors. At 4 stacks Bahlam summons 4 undead spirits who will replicate Bahlam's next damaging ability, after which the spirits disappear, disabling Undead Protectors from stacking for 20 seconds. If the replicated ability kills an enemy god, Bahlam permanently gains 4 Magical Power, capping at +40 magical power.

Ethereal Fissure (1): Bahlam calls upon the power of the underworld to create a small, magical fissure, damaging jungle monsters, minions,
and enemy gods in a short line and applying a slow to damaged targets.

Ability Type: Line
Damage: 70 / 120 / 180 / 250 / 330 (+80% of your Magical Power)
Slow: 20% / 20% / 22% / 22% / 25%
Slow Duration: 1s / 1.2s / 1.3s / 1.4s / 1.6s
Cost: 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 / 75
Cooldown: 11s / 11s / 10s / 9s / 8s
Replication Damage: 30 / 30 / 35 / 35 / 40% of total damage without replication

Underworld Empowerment (2):Bahlam borrows strength from the underworld, resetting current stacks of Underworld Protectors to 0 and applying a protections and power buff to himself for a duration. Stacking Underworld Protectors is disabled for the first 2 seconds of the buff duration.

Ability Type: Buff
Magical Power: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (times the number of Undead Protectors stacks consumed)
Magical Protections: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (times the number of Undead Protectors stacks consumed)
Physical Protections: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (times the number of Undead Protectors stacks consumed)
Duration: 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 seconds
Cost: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40
Cooldown: 12s / 12s / 11s / 10s / 9s

Spiritual Cleanse (3): Bahlam forces spiritual energy onto his enemies, cleansing their soul to deal damage for their darkness.

Ability Type: Ground Target
Damage: 90 / 165 / 240 / 315 / 390 (+100% of your Magical Power)
Radius: 20
Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90
Cooldown: 11s

Ult
Underworld Allegiance (4): Bahlam launches a mass of spiritual energies at a target. The energies invade the enemy's spirit and put them under a series of trials, dealing damage over time every 0.5s and reducing healing effects on the target for the duration. If the enemy dies to this ability, Bahlam gains the effects of Underworld Empowerment for 20 seconds.

Ability Type: Projectile
Damage Per Tick: 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 (+20% of your Magical Power)
Healing Reduction: 25% /27% / 29% / 31% / 33%
Duration: 4s / 4s / 4.5s / 4.5s / 5s
Cooldown: 115 / 104 / 95 / 85 / 75s

Pure Panphobia

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pure Panphobia » September 4, 2017 5:35pm | Report
@Branmuffin17 Do you have any critique?

Pure Panphobia

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 4, 2017 10:55pm | Report
Hey Pan,

Hmmm...well, I haven't critiqued many god concepts...first thing I normally do is try to get a base knowledge of the god him/herself...just looking online, I wasn't able to find all that much...sounds like he's one of many potential Mayan jaguar gods, this one specifically of the underworld.

Interestingly, I also found two god ideas from years ago:

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/bahlam-mayan-protector-god-3929

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?76366-Bahlam-Protector-of-Mankind-SMITE-God-Goddess-Idea

Anyway, you didn't indicate mage or Guardian, but it's pretty clear this is a mage.

I'll come back to the passive after going over the other abilities, then see how that passive looks to affect everything, and finally propose some adjustments, if any.

First off, as an overview to the entire kit, I see only CC (soft CC, a slow), no escape ability, a power/protections buff, anti-heal in the ult, and low CDs basically across the board. In the end, the kit is a bit bland (no offense)...specifically because he's just a blaster with no real variety in his kit...the interesting aspect as it stands comes from the passive...and maybe his 2.

As I go through the abilities, I'll evaluate using the following full build: Shoes of Focus (switched from Magi early), Book of Thoth, Bancroft's Talon, Obsidian Shard, Rod of Tahuti, and Magi's Blessing. Why Magi's Blessing? The way this build looks, he's going to need the health and CC immunity...if not this item, Spirit Robe perhaps, or Chronos' Pendant.

Using Ah Puch's base stats, I get the following key stats: 626-726 power, 81 physical protection, 45 magical protection, 2,250 health.
  • For Ethereal Fissure (ability 1), looks like a pretty high damage ability. With 80% scaling and Bancroft in base state, this ability can do 831 damage (before mitigations) with no passive contribution, 1,163 damage with full passive stacks...WITH a slow, a level 5 CD of 8 seconds...I'll just say this is way too much damage. Also, in most cases, I'd suggest linear progression...you've got weird damage, slow, replication, and CD progression, all in this one ability. You say short line, so expecting it's probably less than 55 units. Makes me think of He Bo's Water Cannon...short range, high power blast. In fact, it has the same scaling as that ability, but higher base damage and longer CD (and line instead of cone)...but quite similar all the same.

• Underworld Empowerment (ability 2): activating may or may not have any negative repercussions on the passive...can be used at the start of a fight to help soak a bit of damage, but better to use after stacks are built for higher protections. Without an escape of any type, I'd say that increasing the pretty low CD on this ability, while also vastly increasing the protections gained (up to 24 of each is pretty low with that no-escape thing) would be better. It's nice the cost is low with the current stats it provides.

• Spiritual Cleanse (ability 3) is pure damage. Ground target makes me think again of He Bo, this time with Water Spout...but without the knockup. This ability does insanely higher damage and would be an incredible poke ability...like ability 1, WAAAAAY too powerful. With Bancroft in base state, 1,016 base damage (before mitigations) with no passive contribution, 1,798 damage with full passive stacks. Guessing you didn't work out the numbers yourself, but seeing these, I don't have to tell you this needs to be lowered in strength by quite a lot. In comparison, the closest I can think of would be Scylla's Crush...320 base + 90% gives somewhat similar damage...but she won't have the possible benefit of Bahlam's passive damage increase.

• Underworld Allegiance (ult) is like a Nox ult with the projectile function? 10 ticks at max level, for a grand total of 1,425 damage, with a hampered healing effect so enemies hit are partially screwed from healing up well, even though the ticking damage lasts for 5 seconds. 1,995 damage with full passive stacks. But projectile means it might miss...but still...WAAAAY too much damage.

• Passive: you say these stacks are gained upon successfully damaging an enemy. Does this mean an easy full stacking using your ability 1 on a minion wave? And not only does it add extra effect to all abilities, but if you can get a permanent stack from a kill (not sure how HR would calculate the replicated ability dealing the actual killing damage), you get up to 40 extra power, with high scaling on abilities. Well...this isn't all that bad, if we tone down everything else.

So...in the end, crazy burst but caught easily. It's refreshing not seeing a kit overloaded with CC (Stuke thanks you), but I think some tweaks are in order. I might be underpowering him with regard to damage, not sure. Here's what I would propose.
  • Passive: Change the effect to be something different on each ability...don't need that added 40 power.

• Ethereal Fissure: It's a fissure, right? So, if we think what that might do (earthquake/cracks), maybe a partial stagger effect of some type. Could apply a short slow + disarm, or slow + cripple.

Ability Type: Line
    Damage: 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+80% of your Magical Power)
    Slow : 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% / 35%
    Slow + secondary effect (e.g. cripple or disarm) Duration: 1.2s / 1.4s / 1.6s / 1.8s / 2.0s
    Cost: 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 / 75
    Cooldown: 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12s
    Replication Enhancement: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% of total damage without replication

• Underworld Empowerment: Let's stick with the theme of no escape abilities, huh? If so, let's give him some really unique survival for a mage...give him a major protection boost. I honestly have no idea how this will work in practice, but the concept is there...make him a super tank (for a mage) for a short time.

Ability Type: Buff
    Magical Power: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (times the number of Undead Protectors stacks consumed)
    Protections: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 (times the number of Undead Protectors stacks consumed)
    Duration: 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 seconds
    Cooldown: 12s (CD doesn't start counting down until duration of ability is complete)

• Spiritual Cleanse: Pure damage with no effect is a bit boring. Let's change this. First, the damage needs to come down. Second, let's give this the ult's anti-heal to a degree...only when passive replicants are stacked. This means he could use his 1 on a wave to build stacks, then use his 3 to prevent the enemy from healing from their own clear...the short range of the 1 would mean it won't hit all 6 minions unless they're bunched.

Ability Type: Ground Target
    Damage: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+120% of your Magical Power)
    Radius: 20
    Replication Anti-Heal: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50% (this value depends solely on the # of replicants)
    Anti-Heal Duration: 3s
    Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80
    Cooldown: 12s

• Underworld Allegiance: Okay, keep the projectile...Nox feel or whatever is fine. DoT duration will be a flat 5, with damage applying once every second. We'll add some function to what he can do to that specific enemy while under that duration. So...if he connects with an enemy, he can immediately warp to them while the DoT is in effect. If it doesn't connect, he can use it as a warp point anyway (for potential escape...I lied...he gets one escape, in this, IF he doesn't use it on an enemy.

Note, passive doesn't apply here...if you had full stacks before, you keep those stacks. This will be useful in applying later with another ability, if you commit.

4 Protectors actually visually appear and attack the target for that duration. If you don't warp (or before you warp) they deal additional damage each to the enemy...after you warp, they turn from offense to defense, surrounding you and deflecting 30% of all incoming damage for 4 seconds. This means, optimally, you let it do 4 ticks, then warp in and continue attacking with other abilities...but, depending on the situation, like a teamfight...this could give the target time to relocate amongst friends, and you could be going into a bad situation...so, give and take.

Ability Type: Projectile (100 range?)
    True Damage Per Tick: 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 / 170
    Duration: 5s (as damage)
    Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
    Cooldown: 90s

So, just made all that up...like I said, have no idea how it would work in practice...but it seems really interesting to me. Thoughts?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 5, 2017 12:52am | Report
I'm just going for some general thing and leave this thread here.

In general I'm missing too much info about the idea on a basic lvl (mostly ranges on most abilities. because short could be a whole range etc.) and I have the feeling you didn't review it with other existing gods.

the numbers are like bran said way too high. especially if the passive would amplify it 4x because you got 4 protectors. it's kinda unclear how they interact with abilities (as we can't see them. HR gets away because we can most likely test the interactions in the game).
Also because of the 2 removing it how does it interact at 4 stacks or is it when you hit 4 stacks they get consumed for the protectors already.

his 1 has high damage and a slow. like bran said with He Bo only one god goes over it and that's Ra with Celestial Beam. which like Water Cannon only does damage and doesn't have a slow, except for the projectile itself being slow.

his 2 not much to say about apart from what I stated before.

his 3 damage nuff said especially for that radius it's as big as Crush unless it triggers later.

his ult see bran. I believe he would hit highest base damage ulty in game with it.

just a little something I noticed which more people do. scalings like 90/90/100/100/110. this kind of stuff isn't used in the game or any other of the bigger moba's because of coding.
something you see more is either a static or a 90/95/100/105/110. why? because it's probably coded as a formula like 85 + 5X * %. this takes way less time to code and prevents a lot of (probably also hard to spot) bugs.
Oh and yes this is something I will always nitpick about, because I don't see them as realistic scaling.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pure Panphobia » September 5, 2017 7:25am | Report
@Branmuffin17 I really like your suggestion. I had intended something similar in damage to Scylla, and despite the apparent relation to He Bo I never even had him in mind. You're right in so much as I didn't run all the numbers and that's my mistake. Removing the 40 power from the passive is definitely a good way to go. I also like the change ideas for the 2 and the 3. The only thing about the Ult is the lack of damage, but I guess the fact that it is true damage and such is a bit different. That may work just as well. Change the replication on the 1 to add a secondary effect to the slow and make the replication damage less. All solid ideas. Thanks.

Pure Panphobia

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }