Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Information for God Idea Makers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Information for God Idea Makers 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 28, 2014 7:42pm | Report
So, you want to make a god idea. Well, it isn't as simple as slapping a few words into a document and pasting it, without showing any numbers or stats. A god idea needs three things:
  1. Abilities and their descriptions. This is incredibly obvious. If you don't describe what a god does, how will people understand your idea? If you say an ability "deals average damage every second and stuns," there is no way anyone can tell if the ability is overpowered or whatnot.

2. Understanding of Smite and its gods/items/mechanics. If you are just throwing out concepts with no basis for comparison, how the hell will any idea you make fit in? If you think a 3 second stun is a reasonable number for a non-ultimate ability, you are thinking wrong.

3. Numbers. I cannot stress enough the importance of proper numbers. You will need: Cooldown, Range/Radius, Damage, Contributions (unless an ability lacks that, such as Conviction), and lastly, CC intensity and duration, if any (there if a big difference between an 20-ft circle that slows for 2 seconds, like Grasping Hands, and an ability that slows only while inside it, like Crush). Don't forget any other numbers that may be pertinent, such as Strength from Pain giving power proportional to Herc's level.

There are a few optional things that can enhance your god idea. BBC coding makes it more readable and accessible. A neat picture can also help the audience visualize your god concept. Base stats and mana costs also give you another way to tweak your god and make him or her more unique. For example, why not give a tank 50 + 2 per level base damage on his basics, so he can hit like a truck with his basics early game?

It's also a good idea to state your god's role and playstyle, in either a paragraph or even a sentence or two. Don;t just dump all of your info in a wall of text, give it to your readers in an easy-to-understand format.

Lastly, before you post, take a final review of your god. Is he/she overpowered? Did you forget to put anything? Any last touch-ups you want to make? No one likes to see a god idea that is half-baked and clearly the product of lazy design. Put some effort into your idea, and people will give some effort back.

And here is a list of resources for any idea developers.

Smite Units of Measurement and Comparison

Base Stats for Every God

BBC Coding for Abilities

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » March 28, 2014 8:34pm | Report
Nice one :D. Though i think you mess up tyr and ullr's max health

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 28, 2014 8:46pm | Report
Thanks for reminding me, fixed. (And it's really weird to see Ullr have more max health than Tyr.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 28, 2014 9:03pm | Report
What about the lore? I for one have great fun trying to make the lore sound as accurate/unique/epic as possible. Literary students or writers get a kick out of this, such as myself. I'm not sure who else writes lores, but I'm sure a few pointers of the god and/or his/her history can help us understand their skills better.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 28, 2014 9:23pm | Report
Oh yeah, custom lore should absolutely be a thing. Further enrichment can only be a good thing.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 28, 2014 9:27pm | Report
My sentiments exactly. This is all quite helpful, especially the stats and radius bit. +1 Rep for sure, Sub!

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » July 16, 2014 9:36am | Report
Good tip :)
"The Ravenous Demon Hunter"
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Flamingblaze600 » June 24, 2015 4:00pm | Report
Kumbhakarna is in the game with a 3 second stun . _ .

Flamingblaze600

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 25, 2015 9:06am | Report

Kumbhakarna is in the game with a 3 second stun . _ .

1st of this is a year old thread (ut's stickied for reasons) so there is a chance (I believe a pretty big one) that khumba hasn't been in the game by that time

2nd it's a mesmerize not a stun. (and if you don't know the difference between a mes and a stun a stun is the full duration and a mesmerize is the full duration OR until you take damage

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }