Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The QQ Thread of Gods!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The QQ Thread of Gods! 552 posts - page 48 of 56
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 12, 2015 8:03pm | Report
I can understand. I've had people criticize my builds for the most moronic reasons, and in ridiculous ways. I can remember this one game where I had a Janus on my team and I was playing Ratatoskr. I went Opal Acorn because I enjoy using that, and the entire first half of the game he kept going on "why didn't you build Emerald Acorn. Emerald is op" while also criticizing our vamana the entire time going "why didn't you build Mystical Mail. Mystical Mail is op." I ended up muting him. Both me and vamana did really well (I was about 8-2 when the game ended, vamana was around 5-4), meanwhile our Janus went something close to 2-9 (we still won the game though).

Basically, there's definitely a difference between build advice and build criticism.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Decepticonix » November 12, 2015 8:51pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

I can understand. I've had people criticize my builds for the most moronic reasons, and in ridiculous ways. I can remember this one game where I had a Janus on my team and I was playing Ratatoskr. I went Opal Acorn because I enjoy using that, and the entire first half of the game he kept going on "why didn't you build Emerald Acorn. Emerald is op" while also criticizing our vamana the entire time going "why didn't you build Mystical Mail. Mystical Mail is op." I ended up muting him. Both me and vamana did really well (I was about 8-2 when the game ended, vamana was around 5-4), meanwhile our Janus went something close to 2-9 (we still won the game though).

Basically, there's definitely a difference between build advice and build criticism.

Oh so advice is when someone's giving you advice on what to build, but Criticism (at least in that aspect) is when they criticize you for not listening to their reasoning?

Because in that aspect, I can relate to your match.

Recently I had a match where there was a Xbalanque (Top Notch Mastery btw) who criticized me for going as Awilix (Why Assasin?, he said). I went 10-3, that guy went 3-7 :)

Decepticonix

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » November 12, 2015 9:05pm | Report

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Decepticonix » January 31, 2016 12:08pm | Report
So I've been thinking about the change for Season 3: The addition of Trinkets and Relics, additional affects for offense & defensive items, and what I'm hearing so far about S3, I think that it's gonna be a little weird.

You have Book of Thoth that can shoot a lightning bolt, you have relics which won't have tiers anymore, (although they are free), and the Conquest map is removing the attack speed buff. Also they're nerfing CC abilities a bit (might be wrong). New Joust Map, Leagues Joust 3v3, and the Daily Quest system are acceptable.

Sounds like judging a book by it's cover, but hey, they've presented the facts of what we know so far..

Decepticonix

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 31, 2016 12:53pm | Report
they nerfing CC a bit part isn't really true yes they nerfed several gods (like Ares again) however most guardians stay untouched

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Decepticonix » January 31, 2016 1:29pm | Report
How is Ares getting nerfed?

Decepticonix

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 31, 2016 1:54pm | Report
Your text to link here...

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » January 31, 2016 2:56pm | Report
mrw people post a link but don't edit the text that shows....

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Decepticonix » January 31, 2016 3:04pm | Report
Ok then yes that is a pretty sucky nerf...

Decepticonix

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 31, 2016 3:05pm | Report
Im just lazy sometimes.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }