Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The QQ Thread of Gods!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The QQ Thread of Gods! 552 posts - page 3 of 56
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 10, 2013 6:50pm | Report
Umm, Freya haters and lovers, she did less damage when she was a hybrid than now. Now that you don't have to focus on adding a damage type that DOES NOT SCALE HER CONTRIBUTIONS, you can build the damage type THAT DOES.

What does that mean? It means that her abilities do far more damage than they used to if she was built in any way other than Magical.

The woman is OP.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 11, 2013 4:41am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Umm, Freya haters and lovers, she did less damage when she was a hybrid than now. Now that you don't have to focus on adding a damage type that DOES NOT SCALE HER CONTRIBUTIONS, you can build the damage type THAT DOES.

What does that mean? It means that her abilities do far more damage than they used to if she was built in any way other than Magical.

The woman is OP.

If you built her with physical power items before the change you did something wrong :P

It was the passive that made her OP, because you got like x percentage (can't remember how much it was) of you magical power as physical power as well as magical power.

So building magic items gave you physical power as well. Building physical damage would just be another troll build.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 11, 2013 5:39am | Report

If you built her with physical power items before the change you did something wrong :P

It was the passive that made her OP, because you got like x percentage (can't remember how much it was) of you magical power as physical power as well as magical power.

So building magic items gave you physical power as well. Building physical damage would just be another troll build.

Now i wander. How much does a mage basic attack scale with magical power. Because if it scales with more them freya's old passive would that not be a damage buff?

No one would build pysical protection against freya because her main damage is and was magical.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 11, 2013 9:56am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Now i wander. How much does a mage basic attack scale with magical power. Because if it scales with more them freya's old passive would that not be a damage buff?

No one would build pysical protection against freya because her main damage is and was magical.

It is a damage buff overall (I believe its an increase of 5%), but the second someone picks up some magical protection you lose out on more damage than what you did before ;)

That is what made a fed Freya so difficult to handle before, now you just have to buy some magical protection not both magical and physical.

And ofc you didn't build physical protection to counter Freya, but it helped against her and physical gods.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 11, 2013 11:01am | Report

It is a damage buff overall (I believe its an increase of 5%), but the second someone picks up some magical protection you lose out on more damage than what you did before ;)

That is what made a fed Freya so difficult to handle before, now you just have to buy some magical protection not both magical and physical.

And ofc you didn't build physical protection to counter Freya, but it helped against her and physical gods.

So basicly if there were 3 pys and a freya you would build nemean and counter 4 gods though 1 just partailly. Vise versa with 3 mages 1 being freya who you would completely break in damage out put.

Im pretty sure the contrabution is bigger now its magical though.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 12, 2013 6:01am | Report
All4Games wrote:

So basicly if there were 3 pys and a freya you would build nemean and counter 4 gods though 1 just partailly. Vise versa with 3 mages 1 being freya who you would completely break in damage out put.

Im pretty sure the contrabution is bigger now its magical though.

Yeah basically, but a fed "old" Freya did about the same amount of damage (physical+magical damage) as a adc doing just fine. So magical protection just made her normalized if she was feed (and then we are talking like 2 magical protection items or more). Noted this is just with her 1 and 2 :P

Now 2 magical protection items would make a fed Freya less of a threat.

And yes, you are right vs no magical protection the new Freya does more damage :)

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 12, 2013 6:59am | Report

Yeah basically, but a fed "old" Freya did about the same amount of damage (physical+magical damage) as a adc doing just fine. So magical protection just made her normalized if she was feed (and then we are talking like 2 magical protection items or more). Noted this is just with her 1 and 2 :P

Now 2 magical protection items would make a fed Freya less of a threat.

And yes, you are right vs no magical protection the new Freya does more damage :)

okay lets be real here freya did NOT do as much damage as a ranged adc before with here old passive.

proven in multiple vids. look them up. id like to add my own expierence to that.

have 4 items with which all together let me do 107 pysical damage back in the day.

most pysical carries do 100 with only warrior tabi. point proven.

now for how the damage buff that came in the switch to magical basics. look at chronos. he and freya have about the same build. chronos ends up doing about 370. sooooooooooooooooo i think you should get my point.

i am to much of a lazy **** to do the math on it but here are the raw numbers.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » September 15, 2013 5:21pm | Report
Chronos is my worst nightmare. First, I take out nearly all of his health, I'm already weakened enough after the first fight, and then he ults. So now, I basically have to fight him once again, normally leaving me dead and buried.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Demolibium » September 21, 2013 8:37am | Report
OO OO my turn my turn, so today, after a long break from smite(my first smite game after a year) i won 2 straight games in a row when i totally sucked, i am happy i had good teammates, then i used heroes that i used to be good with, ares and ymir. So, first ymir game, i tried to do alot of ****, the poseidon told me to tank neutral creeps so that he could take the mana rune, but no idea why the creeps never attacked me and went for poseidon, so he started raging "OMG, noob gg"
in the end, i had loads of assists, saved lots of people and the posiedon sucked monkey balls, he never did a good ult, he never used spells properly(FFS use ur spells dont auto attack) and in the end we lost.
-___-
Signature made by me ofcourse :P
And here is my dear Signature Shoppe
Check out these guides which i adore:-
Fenrir Guide by DarkJaw
Anubis guide also by DarkJaw
Sobek guide also by DarkJaw
Agni guide by Nimec
Vulcan guide by Jordenito
Skype- vidit.agarwal97 (do not make fun this is my name =.=)

Demolibium

Prominent (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » September 26, 2013 12:35pm | Report
Poseidon. Cripple. WTF. It makes me play a support role EVERY game... I'd like to do other roles but cuz hes free... I gotta do something to protect myself/ team.

In a different but not entirely unrelated topic every Poseidon I get sucks the big one and every one on the enemy team is OP as hell. But I hope that goes away as my rank goes up and I get with better players. (lvl 7, bleh)

Like I said. Cripple.

And of course... THOR! teleport, stun, wall, AoE-f-your-team, hypergank/escape ulti. Tanky as hell and STILL hits like a Mac truck on Haloteston (google it). I shut down the entire enemy team and the enemy Thor still carried the game at a 20-0. 20-0!!! Don't get me wrong, he was a good player, but when a 3 man team is focusing him and he STILL gets away with half health, something is wrong.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }