Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The QQ Thread of Gods!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The QQ Thread of Gods! 552 posts - page 6 of 56
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » September 29, 2013 2:04pm | Report
Hel is nowhere near "fluid".

Any time she uses an ability in one stance, it incurs cooldown in the other. This makes some rotations completely unusable compared to pre-broken Hel. You can't chain Decay into a Restoration. You can't chain Repulse into an Inspire. And if you used Hinder for whatever reason, now you can't use Cleanse to ward off CC. It's these combinations that got taken away from her that make her feel more clunky. You have to use different skills, and often, your team expects you to be using light stance skills over dark ones since her dark skills put her in too much danger due to her lack of escapes. She's not even a viable mid anymore like she used to be thanks to the jungle meta.

"But she'd be OP if she could chain skills like that!" No, she was OP because HiRez wouldn't improve counters to healing and instead decided to break her into being near-unplayable. With Weakening Curse now in the game, there is really no excuse to keep her the way she is, as any smart team will have at least one player with it.

Ra does not have these problems, he has mobility, and he's got offense and support built into his kit such that they don't force him into one or the other. Chang'e is in the same boat as Ra, with the differences being her weaker push and a more useful teamfight ult. Neither god is forced to deal with rotations that deprive their options of offense and support.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 29, 2013 2:45pm | Report
With 40% CDR, combined with the low cooldowns of her six skills, she is very much fluid. I'm not going to pretend that Shared Cooldowns are a great mechanic, but I'd much rather have them than Hi-Rez go the Tyr route.

Sure, you can't Repulse into an Inspire. That doesn't mean you can't very quickly cleanse, followed by a Restoration into a Repulse, shortly followed by a decay, "finishing" with an Inspire. The best part? By this time, you're about ready to use a different string of abilities again.

The argument of her being OP by removing the Shared Cooldowns is something I have never condoned, but there's no doubt she would be OP if her current bases and scalings remained unchained and they removed the shared cooldowns.

Weakening Curse has nothing to do with reworking Hel, honestly; Heavenly Agility. There you go.

Out of all the supports, Hel has the most damage and highest healing, as well as the unique ability to break CC. She lacks her own form of CC, and has the highest skill floor in the game. That does not mean that she is broken.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 29, 2013 8:12pm | Report
Ain't zhong's ulti to op? 2 v 1 and he wins easily with just the bag being half full. Even if his up against 2 adcs or an adc and assassin he can just run circles around them, and each time he gets healed A LOT.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 29, 2013 10:56pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Ain't zhong's ulti to op? 2 v 1 and he wins easily with just the bag being half full. Even if his up against 2 adcs or an adc and assassin he can just run circles around them, and each time he gets healed A LOT.

With zhong you gotta jump on. Start with something like thor who can stun lock then have that continue till he is cc'd to death because his escape is his 1 and 3. Doesn't get him that far.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 4, 2013 1:08pm | Report
Oh. My. God. It should not be up to Hel, of all gods, to do the initiation for the team! Jesus, if you pick a god with CC, use it.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 6, 2013 5:35pm | Report

Oh. My. God. It should not be up to Hel, of all gods, to do the initiation for the team! Jesus, if you pick a god with CC, use it.

Who brought up Hel initiating? Did i miss something? :\
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 6, 2013 6:19pm | Report
It was a statement completely unrelated to any previous discussion. I was just frustrated coming out of a game where I had to initiate as Hel because the teammates who could initiate apparently didn't feel like it.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 6, 2013 8:34pm | Report
OK then, thats qq worthy. :)
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daheri » October 14, 2013 8:33pm | Report
Okay so, not my QQ per se, but absolutely HILARIOUS.

I was playing 1v1 as Hel(rank 5, 6 total mastery) vs Chronos (rank 1, 12 total mastery). I immediately started chuckling cause I had a feeling I would lose, like usual, to Mr. OP-Speed-Mc-Speedster-Pants. Once game started, I did my normal opening buy, got to lane, and had a nice long tug-of-war till I was able to push him out of lane and return to buy. This repeated several times, until I got a kill on him. After that, I got 2 more kills, and he surrendered at 12:00 with me going 3-0.

In the lobby, I said my usual "gg" and he replied "no bg. Only reason you won was OP god". Of course I BURST out laughing, since this was a Chronos who obviously was not used to losing. I told him "This coming from a Chronos XD" To which he replied "no you noob Chronos UP" which just made me laugh harder. So, trying not to hurt his feelings, I told him "Maybe you should try building to counter, like I did"(I built F Void, Idol, GoI, and was planning on Creeping Curse) and of course he said "no, hel OP you noob" and after that he just kept spamming "noob". I couldn't resist throwing a few insults in at him before he finally left :P

All in all, easily one of the funniest games I've had so far XD

Daheri

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 15, 2013 3:02am | Report
Daheri wrote:

Okay so, not my QQ per se, but absolutely HILARIOUS.

I was playing 1v1 as Hel(rank 5, 6 total mastery) vs Chronos (rank 1, 12 total mastery). I immediately started chuckling cause I had a feeling I would lose, like usual, to Mr. OP-Speed-Mc-Speedster-Pants. Once game started, I did my normal opening buy, got to lane, and had a nice long tug-of-war till I was able to push him out of lane and return to buy. This repeated several times, until I got a kill on him. After that, I got 2 more kills, and he surrendered at 12:00 with me going 3-0.

In the lobby, I said my usual "gg" and he replied "no bg. Only reason you won was OP god". Of course I BURST out laughing, since this was a Chronos who obviously was not used to losing. I told him "This coming from a Chronos XD" To which he replied "no you noob Chronos UP" which just made me laugh harder. So, trying not to hurt his feelings, I told him "Maybe you should try building to counter, like I did"(I built F Void, Idol, GoI, and was planning on Creeping Curse) and of course he said "no, hel OP you noob" and after that he just kept spamming "noob". I couldn't resist throwing a few insults in at him before he finally left :P

All in all, easily one of the funniest games I've had so far XD

Kids these days. Win a few games then think they're cool. Lose one game and blame it on their or other gods. :/
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }