Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 6.8 "Mid Season" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 6.8 "Mid Season" - Bran's Thoughts 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 10, 2019 2:00am | Report
I meant that the support should be picking up phantom anyway. The relic dagger buff only improves the pickup. Sure, the buff can benefit Odin too, but only for his blink, while phantom reduces the effectiveness of his ult. At best I see it as nothing really changing for Odin, though in reality it’s definitely a nerf. Also that mage staff going to be so busted, imagine playing Chronos and using 3 > 4 > 3 > 3

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 10, 2019 8:01am | Report
Well some comments:

Ninja buff - They did it to make a more interesting boots for every hunter that can build both ninja and warrior and specially for those who donsn't have AS steroid like Hou Yi. Seems fair for me.

Qin's buff: I bet they are increasing the AS so people can reach a good AS without build a lot of AS items.

New items: Seems pretty op (except for the shield one). The hunter one caught my attention. I'm imagining it on Cupid. You build power, AS, his combo literally fits the description and you will be able to crit without crit items on enemies. Seems pretty OP to me. Same for mages one, you take Scylla ulti then crusher twice, doing JUST almost 6k in 5 secs or less.

God balances: Odin needs more buffs. Nike rework seems solid, but more support than solo. Thoth will now be good for people who actually hit his shots (not including me), Apollo seems pretty good now having 2.5 AS often.

The rest is mostly ok though I was hoping they nerf Rings MS and Katanas MS too.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 10, 2019 10:01am | Report
For Ninja Tabi, the thing here is that I think it's been picked up plenty enough, even at SPL level.

Is it AS popular as Warrior Tabi? Perhaps not, but that doesn't mean it really needs a buff. (And I know, 5% AS isn't a super buff, but still) If Ninja was always inferior to Warrior, I could understand this better. But Warrior ends up having some positives early, but its DPS almost always loses out to Ninja as you get to the middle and late parts of a build. As such, I just don't see that this was that necessary. Note though that they said ADC was being role-requested less, and their feedback was that hunters were just not feeling all that strong, so they wanted to buff the class overall.

Now with Qin's Sais, it's already the more popular direction compared to crits, so again, I just don't see why they buff Qin's. The equalizer for them was to lower the cost of WD? What? (Then again, the new "Fail-Not" brings a different form of strong crit, so I guess there's that too...but it's perhaps a bit more niche or late-game.)

Funny thing on Fail-Not...I was thinking the opposite for Cupid, though I guess it depends exactly how "finishing the ult" applies. Does the ult damage count as the first ability hit after ulting? Or would it have to be Heart Bomb? If it's Heart Bomb, then this item isn't that great for him compared to some others, because Cupid only has 1 damaging ability outside of his ult...other hunters that have 2 or 3 damaging standard abilities (especially if AOE like Cern's 2) can more easily apply the crit debuff.

As for Staff of Myrddin...I just see too much potential for abuse. Potentially less so on pure nuking abilities (as the first ability will hit for only 70%), but more so on things that also apply CC, especially knockups. Think on He Bo. After you ult, hit your Waterspout for the knockup, followed by Water Cannon while they're still in the air...then hit them again with the knockup if they're not already dead (they will be if they're squishy). 2 knockups? Bleh. Cuz knockups don't apply the hard CC diminishing returns...stuns, freezes, etc., won't be quite as appealing...but are probably still pretty functional overall.

Nike, yes that 2 is more Support (or general late-game) than anything, but the fact that her 1 now has 3 Rend hits and her 3 always has the faster jump speed, and her ult shield pops immediately, she still got buffs for Solo.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 10, 2019 10:27am | Report
About Cupid, If finishing the ulti is when it goes on cooldown, it will be another crit choice, not core but still a decent choice. Little cupid will became a single target nuke bomb with ulti combo + crits. But if by finishing is when FOL explodes, then the item isn't that great.

About qin's, this buff sounded like "oh we created a new item that will encourage people build crits so let's buff qin's just to make sure people will not completely abandon it", for me.

About Ninja, yes the buff was not necessary, but I also won't complain. At least for me, If the god has AS steroid = warrior and if not = ninja (with some exceptions of course) for now on.

I'm pretty sure this mage item will be ****ing broken, specially on gods with high CC, as you said

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 10, 2019 10:58am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

About qin's, this buff sounded like "oh we created a new item that will encourage people build crits so let's buff qin's just to make sure people will not completely abandon it", for me.

If this is the way they're thinking, that's pretty awful...terrible way to "anticipate" drop-off in use.

I expect that's not the case and this buff also falls along the lines of buffing the hunter class as a whole. Qin's should remain a popular pick since they're buffing the health and tank aspects of multiple items.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 10, 2019 11:27am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

If this is the way they're thinking, that's pretty awful...terrible way to "anticipate" drop-off in use.

Well, they nerfed xbal 'cause according to them, nobody reads the skill so people didnt know how to avoid the stun.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 10, 2019 11:42am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Well, they nerfed xbal 'cause according to them, nobody reads the skill so people didnt know how to avoid the stun.

Ugh...point taken.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » July 10, 2019 12:34pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Well, that is just the most logical way to go about updating characters. I mean, I never found out on my own that I needed to stop moving on the final part of the..oh wait...I did...Do they do this kind of **** all the time?

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 10, 2019 2:46pm | Report
was it not that they nerfed xbal because a load of people new how to avoid the stun so it was useless?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » July 10, 2019 2:56pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

was it not that they nerfed xbal because a load of people new how to avoid the stun so it was useless?

A combination of that and so new players wouldn't have to figure it out since it was the only skill like that.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }