Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nerf CDR items?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nerf CDR items? 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 29, 2013 8:55am | Report
I think most, not all CDR items are a bit too efficient. I mean, Breastplate of Valor compared to Chronos' Pendant.

I think all Boots should be reduced to 10% CDR.

Breastplate should lose some Physical Protection.

And Jotunn's Wrath should lose some physical power.

How does that sound?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 29, 2013 9:00am | Report
you stay with yo hands off of mah cdr.

in all seriousness while cdr can help somegods it can work against others that are mana hungry.

ninja tabi is not viable on a lot of pysical gods because they are so mana hungry and they will go oom rather quick. so don't turn it into 10% that but give it a bit of extra flat mana. that would make it a bit more viable compared to pen boots.

okay breastplate could lose some...sign pysical protection.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 29, 2013 9:37am | Report
Hell no .

Why would you hate CDR ? :P

On the contrary , I think Chronos' Pendant needs a slight buff .Give it some mana or just a bit more magical power .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 29, 2013 10:15am | Report
Cause I think the current CDR items are a bit overpowered. If you could use your abilities more often, shouldn't you sacrifice effectiveness accordingly?

Just compare Hide of the Nemean Lion with B.Plate. I know Hide has its uses, but Breastplate is my go-to choice for pretty much anything.

Chronos' Pendant has it right. You lose quite a lot of magical power for getting 25% CDR. Unlike Gem of Isolation, which grants a buttload of CC without sacrificing anything.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » November 29, 2013 11:18am | Report
CDR is the only way to really evade maxed beads, this is coming from somebody who almost exclusively plays as Ares, and knows that good CDR is absolutely essential for certain gods that almost never basic attack. Ares is the perfect example of this, because his basic attacks are next to useless, and the only useful part of him is his skills. Without good CDR, it would break Ares and other CDR reliant gods unless said gods got buffs.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 29, 2013 11:55am | Report
Only hebo get nerfed CD YES YES YES

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 29, 2013 11:57am | Report
Actually He Bo benefits from CDR far less than others - I've been through this before.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 29, 2013 12:35pm | Report
only gods with abilities whit long cd would be nerfed..

but that I think it is a good idea to nerf the protection on breastplate (maybe the mana as well) and maybe remove the penetration from Jotunn's?

Think that is enough to make it decent though :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 29, 2013 12:41pm | Report
Leon Porter wrote:

CDR is the only way to really evade maxed beads, this is coming from somebody who almost exclusively plays as Ares, and knows that good CDR is absolutely essential for certain gods that almost never basic attack. Ares is the perfect example of this, because his basic attacks are next to useless, and the only useful part of him is his skills. Without good CDR, it would break Ares and other CDR reliant gods unless said gods got buffs.

Isn't that more of a problem with Ares himself, rather than CDR?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 29, 2013 12:59pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Cause I think the current CDR items are a bit overpowered. If you could use your abilities more often, shouldn't you sacrifice effectiveness accordingly?

Just compare Hide of the Nemean Lion with B.Plate. I know Hide has its uses, but Breastplate is my go-to choice for pretty much anything.

Chronos' Pendant has it right. You lose quite a lot of magical power for getting 25% CDR. Unlike Gem of Isolation, which grants a buttload of CC without sacrificing anything.

You do sacrifice effectiveness. By choosing Shoes of Focus, you are losing pen. By getting Breastplate of Valor, you are giving up MP.

But whatever you do, please don't nerf the protections on Breastplate. It is one of the best anti-assassins a mage can get.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }