Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nerf CDR items?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nerf CDR items? 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 29, 2013 1:01pm | Report

Actually He Bo benefits from CDR far less than others - I've been through this before.
So a 1 second cooldown is less than others?
Okay I thought that superman thread was bad but if you think a 1 second cooldown is worst than other cd's in the game....

1 second hebo cd benefits hebo less than others omg did I just hear this?
It doesn't matter how you look at it, its a freaking 1 second CD!

Lets get this strait
hebo with Cd
- 1 second cooldown
- 310 base damage which is higher than others
- 90% scaling on that this is absurdly higher than others.
- passive that grants 30% magical power on top of this

its a 1 second cd for sakes

if you read this then you would have got hit with 10 hebo splashes already

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 29, 2013 1:28pm | Report
Actually, his Water Cannon has a base cooldown of three seconds, not one second.

Let's break this down into simple math for you.

Cooldown reduction has a cap of 40%.

He Bo's 1: 3 seconds.
He Bo's 1 with max CDR: 1.8 seconds.

So, CDR lowered his cooldown by 1.2 seconds.

Now, let's look at a different skill with a longer cooldown, Tidal Surge:

Poseidon's 1: 10 seconds.
Poseidon's 1 with max CDR: 6 seconds.

So, CDR lowered his cooldown by 4 seconds.

4 > 1.2.

As you can see, the lower the cooldown of something, the less they benefit from cooldown reduction.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 29, 2013 5:44pm | Report
I don't think CDR needs to be nerfed. Ares, Ymir, and Athena are all pretty reliant on it to be more than one trick ponies. Most tanks in general kind of need it for at least one skill. Some warriors need that much CD to get their abilities to somewhere decent, where as a few mages have long cooldowns and need it as well. Besides, going for max cooldown does include making sacrifices. cooldown shoes/tabi means losing penetration. Jotunn's Wrath is an excellent item though, and so is Pendant, for that matter. 25 MP5 is nothing to scoff at sustain wise.

Breastplate of Valor though is a bit too good. It mana fixes every god who gets it, permanently, gives them amazing cooldown, and also amazing defense. It's mana give should be nerfed down to 300 I think. 550 is just too much for any person.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 29, 2013 5:56pm | Report
It is not cdr he is talking about nerfing.. just the items that gives cdr and what they give in addition to cdr.

So keep cdr as it is now, but make you sacrifice more to get cdr :p

The boots, hydra's and the pendant are fine IMO

But jotunn's and breastplate could be nerfed a bit, and buff mail slightly maybe give it 15% cdr same with the wand and the idol as well :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 29, 2013 6:00pm | Report

It is not cdr he is talking about nerfing.. just the items that gives cdr and what they give in addition to cdr.

So keep cdr as it is now, but make you sacrifice more to get cdr :p

The boots, hydra's and the pendant are fine IMO

But jotunn's and breastplate could be nerfed a bit, and buff mail slightly maybe give it 15% cdr same with the wand and the idol as well :)

I agree that Jotunn's could use a nerf. maybe removing the Pen? I also think that 10% is just a weird number to pick for cooldown...15% on idol would be better because then I could use my physical and magical defense slots to max my cooldown on tanks. It would be pretty nice. Doesn't fit into my infinite sustain Hades, but it works for every other God.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 29, 2013 6:06pm | Report
Mhm! like the 10% just gets you either over or under the cap by 5% which is just stupid (unless you just buy those 3 items ofc) :P

Yeah IMO removing the pen would be a good change, because the early pen is soo good and most gods that do good with cdr needs pen. This way you would have to chose, higher burst damage or more damage over time.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 29, 2013 6:09pm | Report

Mhm! like the 10% just gets you either over or under the cap by 5% which is just stupid (unless you just buy those 3 items ofc) :P

Yeah IMO removing the pen would be a good change, because the early pen is soo good and most gods that do good with cdr needs pen. This way you would have to chose, higher burst damage or more damage over time.

looking at Sun Wukong right now. I always get Jotunn's as his second item, no matter what. It drives the people I lane against nuts because I can just harass them all day. Typically I have a good jungler getting me the mana buff very often though.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 29, 2013 6:18pm | Report
same with Fenrir, when you get jotunn's and warrior tabi it's gg :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 29, 2013 7:40pm | Report
This is more of an issue with the main items that provide CDR rather than CDR as a stat itself. Ninja Tabi and Shoes of Focus are the less desirable option in the vast majority of builds. They're built more than they should be because being able to use your abilities more often is a nice thing to fall back on. It doesn't mean you're not hurting the efficiency of your build in the process.

Breastplate of Valor and Jotunn's Wrath on the other hand are just so good that you should hardly ever pass them up if they're a realistic option. Breastplate turns a squishy mage into one that can laugh off early ganks, and it gives a ton of mana. It would be bought without the CDR. It's such a good item that any mage not building it either doesn't know what they're doing, or are purposely going for a dangerously risky offensive build.

Like Breastplate, Jotunn's is a great item for the power/mana/pen alone. It does so much that you need to look hard for reasons to not get it.

I'd be fine if you wanted to bump the CDR on each of these items to 15% to help balance them, but they need some kind of nerf. No one's rushing out to buy Mail of Renewal just because it has CDR. CDR alone isn't overly powerful.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 30, 2013 2:53am | Report
exactly, cdr items should kind be situational. Jotunn's Wrath and Breastplate of Valor are just super OP compared to the other items, like the give the highest amount of cdr in the game and they give great stats in addition to the cdr. Maybe turn the cdr you get down to 10% on these items and the boots up to 25%?

Like who would want 15% cdr over 15 pen? Unless you are planing to end your build at Asi, Jotunn's Wrath and focused voidblade you are still going to be 10 under the cap.

If you want max cdr Hydra's Lament gives you so much more dps, but the 25% cdr is basically all you need as any physical carry etc (unless you play arena ofc, then it's Ninja Tabi into Jotunn's Wrath into defense or damage).

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }