Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 25 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 24, 2014 3:04am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Tyr, Chaac, Vamana, Hercules, Odin if you count his ult as CC, OSIRIS.

Hard CC*, sorry.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 24, 2014 5:22am | Report
Firraria wrote:

I don't know if you've used Wukong much since they nerfed the immunities on his bird form, but I find myself using the ox as an escape almost as much as I do the bird.
If you're in a team fight or something, the ox is almost always the superior choice for escape, because you'll knock away anyone who can stop you, and you have the immunities of your bird form plus knockup immunity.

yeah it has been a while.

hmm basicly my thoughts for wukong are that he was pretty balenced on release with his 1 being slightly too good for poking.

the one real inbalance there was back then was the bird just being way better over the ox.

the best way i think you could balence wukong is reverting him back mostly to how he was on release and focus on his bird and ox.

thats just my 2 cents.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » August 24, 2014 5:46am | Report
I like Sub's idea, but I have a few ideas for different forms for the ultimate;

Tiger: Damage reduced to 100/150/200/250/300 and stun reduced to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5

Bird: Reduced distance by 15%

Ox: A bit more damage, but still less than tiger

Dolphin: A jump equivalent to ambush that deals 70/120/170/220/270 to those hit

Gorilla: A short dash about the length of Driving Strike that deals 80/120/160/200/240 damage to all enemies hit and roots and cripples all enemies hit for 1.2s
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 24, 2014 6:06am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

Tiger: Damage reduced to 100/150/200/250/300 and stun reduced to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5

Gorilla: A short dash about the length of Driving Strike that deals 80/120/160/200/240 damage to all enemies hit and roots and cripples all enemies hit for 1.2s

5 forms?
Isn't that a bit too much :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 24, 2014 6:36am | Report
I like Subysubs idea of tuning his transformation in to his ultimate, but I personaly dislike that you have to use ground targeting to select forms.

I have an idea.
What if the transformation was selected based on his most recently used ability.

Like The Magic Cudgel in to Tiger (maybe his 1 slow for a short time to add a bit of synergy) for initiation, Master's Will in to Ox for CC combo and Somersault Cloud (or whatever his new 3 is) in to bird for escape. As already stated in gives him a lot of combo potential and also requires you to think ahead.

For his passives either like Sub said protection and power based on missing health or maybe give him a stack of protection and a slight coldown reduction all of his non ultimate skills every time he is basic attacked by an enemy god, as it synergizes with my ultimate idea.

Pentargonite wrote:

5 forms?

Isn't that a bit too much :3

Well the ability is called 72 Transformations...

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 24, 2014 10:48am | Report

I like Subysubs idea of tuning his transformation in to his ultimate, but I personaly dislike that you have to use ground targeting to select forms.

I have an idea.
What if the transformation was selected based on his most recently used ability.

Like The Magic Cudgel in to Tiger (maybe his 1 slow for a short time to add a bit of synergy) for initiation, Master's Will in to Ox for CC combo and Somersault Cloud (or whatever his new 3 is) in to bird for escape. As already stated in gives him a lot of combo potential and also requires you to think ahead.

For his passives either like Sub said protection and power based on missing health or maybe give him a stack of protection and a slight coldown reduction all of his non ultimate skills every time he is basic attacked by an enemy god, as it synergizes with my ultimate idea.

Well the ability is called 72 Transformations...

Actually, pressing 4 will change your ability icons, and then you can press the 1-4 keys to use the abilities. There.

I'm not sure about your idea; it just feels like an unnecessary restriction that makes it more frustrating for the player and nothing else. Players should be free to use their own combos, and you can already seamlessly select up to four forms, which eliminates the need to create conditions for the sake of including more than 3 forms.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 24, 2014 10:52am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

I don't see how it'll be possible to use them all in one ability. Like, with the current targeting system, it'll be a bit difficult to implement five forms without making it extremely difficult to select one specific form.

Also, Dolphins? -_-

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 24, 2014 10:53am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Hard CC*, sorry.

Well, hard vs soft CC doesn't really matter IMO, because Osiris is broken as **** even with only 1 hard CC. Also, Hercules and technically Tyr.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 24, 2014 10:53am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Its funny that everyone is saying Wukong sucks yet I keep seeing Wukong players dominate with him...

I don't play Wukong but I think his 1 could do more scaling.

Oh and I just in the past week realized how much damn damage the Tiger does....

Also when I was playing with Firraria and Greenevers I noticed a cheap combo....
Wukong stuns enemies with is tiger and if you play Anubis you can ult them and watch them die.

I just think his 1 needs more scaling.

I don't play wukong so I don't know anything other than the fact that everyone playing Wukong seems to do well with him in almost every match I played lately, either that or I am extremely lucky.

* Increase scaling on his 1
Probably lucky, TBH.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 24, 2014 11:00am | Report

OK, once again, holding my spot here while I go grab the needed materials to make my changes.

EDIT:
Spoiler: Click to view

Not sure overall on the dmaage numbers, but there you go!

I don't like your passive since it breaks the CDR cap, but the concept and everything else aside from the cap breaking is fine.

I definitely do not like the one, as I hate adding MORE CC into the game.

I don't like his two, either; it weakens his AoE disruption and gives him sustain he doesn't need. Not every warrior needs to be a sustain bot, which I also dislike.

I'm not so sure about his ultimate. On one hand, it's cool and interesting and unique, but the idea of creating zoning tools seems completely out of left field in relation to his kit. It's also good hard CC on a 2 second cooldown.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }