I wanted to start off with a bit of cooldown and extra mana early.
This item fulfills 2 of my major needs for my build while also giving a good chunk of magical power. 20% CDR plus the passive help keep your abilities online early plus you get some early sustain from the mp5. Add in Vulcan's passive and by the time i get Rod of Tahuti online he pretty much never has any Mana problems(at least for me anyways).
A good boost in power plus the passive to get even more damage in and now with the 10% pen that was added to it with season 7 i feel like this is a no brainer mid to late match in a lot of my builds.
This item gives a nice boost to power, and while not as big of a boost as some other items the utility it provides is why i like it here. This gives you +20 mp5 and mp5 is a critical component to a lot of my vulcan builds. I like being able to make as much use of my high cdr builds as possible by not wasting it because i don't have enough mp5 to use my abilities. The passive also is useful because it has good synergy with his passive with the extra movement which will further help with escaping from or closing on enemies or boosting sustain a bit in team/solo fights.
This is a really great item for me in a lot of my builds. The amount of power it gives is very nice but the passive really does add a lot to what you can do in team and solo fights with all of his abilities. The mp5 it adds to what you have already built with Chronos' Pendant and Charon's Coin helps your ability to continue the sustain you have built up in the late game as well. This is just an overall great item for him late.
any of the situationals listed below this build can help you late depending on what you are trying to do or defend against when you get to the end of your build. The Celestial Legion Helm or Void Stone specifically can actually be placed in at the 3rd or 4th spot in your build if you feel like you need some extra protections earlier in the match.
I have been using a skill sequence i picked up from another build when i first started playing Vulcan but it still makes sense to me.
Get this leveled up first because it is your easiest to aim ability and also works with your Inferno Cannon to increase your damage output vs the other team and their minions. This is also going to be your more reliable minion clear as you transition to mid and late game, usually. Just make sure that you hit the minions when they are still lined up or it will not be as effective.
I have this to level up second because even though it is a mini AOE, it can be hard to hit with and it is usually not as good for minion clear. It is a very versatile ability, for use with attacking, escaping, and disrupting the flow of the enemy team in fights. I can see this being a valid option for leveling up first but i just prefer getting the Backfire up and running first.
I level this third because it is a static tool for damage that can be destroyed pretty easily. the damage from it is helpful and the damage bonus from Backfire when applicable is noticeable, even early game. i was surprised by how often i can get a kill off of it, especially when the backfire buff is in effect.
This is leveled up last pretty because as your ult it can't be maxed out until 20 and also, unless you can get perfect to near perfect aim every time with it you will get more consistent damage from your other abilities as you level them up through the match.
Ok, so here are some key points to go over for Arena play. Some of these I am sure you can use in other modes as well.
Yes, Vulcan is a mage. Yes, Vulcan can do some great damage if a lot of things come together. If you want to be successful with him, as the saying goes, patience is a virtue.
1. Build, it's why you're here. duh!
2. You have to hit with your abilities as much as possible. Missed abilities are missed opportunity for damage/kills/teammate saves/overall disruption of opposing team battle flow.
3. Set your Inferno Cannon at every opportunity. Even if it CAN be destroyed easily, that doesn't mean it will be. The other team will not always destroy it and with proper placement you can keep minions from destroying it.
4. Make sure to use your Backfire as much as possible. There is a bit of restraint due to considering positioning of your Inferno Cannon and trying to lead an enemy or seeing an opportunity appear for you to tag them in view of it.
5. As with the Inferno Cannon and Backfire use your magma bombs at every opportunity. Just make sure you work on your timing and angles so that you can still hit moving targets effectively. .
6. Earthshaker can be a fun ability. it can also be a maddening one. Usually up close there are minimal problems getting it to go where you want it, but it can be more difficult the farther you are away from your target(s).
7. Important keys to success in general. Don't rush in. If you have opportunities, take them but don't go wading into the middle of the enemy team. Be aware of opposing team composition because even if you stay back there are gods that can get to you and do damage either physically or with their abilities. Balance keeping minions in check with helping your team stay out of tight spots and securing kills.
I hope that these tips help and that you have fun playing as Vulcan. I know i am having a blast playing him.
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved