Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kali Jungle Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Kali Jungle Build 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 3, 2015 5:23am | Report
Hi guys,

I've been trying a few new gods recently, among those Kali (as you probably guessed) and I wondered if my build made sense. So far, I had really good arena/joust games, but I'm not confident that it would work in conquest, especially if I decide to jungle against Serket or Awilix.

Before I start, I must mention that I play on Xbox One (and so we don't have the latest patch yet), and I need to know :
Does Kali's Lash proc with the new Bluestone Pendant?

Anyway, here is my build :

Starter : Heavy Hammer + 2 x Mana Potion.
I don't choose to go with a starter, though Death's tool seems appropriate and the new Bluestone Pendant looks promising, because Kali is really squishy before level 5, and I bloody need the HP. If the Bluestone Pendant procs with Lash, I'll probably change my mind.

1st item : Frostbound Hammer --> I want to reduce my target's speed as soon as possible, which I think will give me good gank opportunities in the dual/solo lanes. Also it allows me not to buy shoes as first item due to the enemy's reduced speed.

1st active : Blink to engage some fights (yes, engage with Kali!) in order to save my Nimble Strike as an escape/chase option

2nd item : Asi --> Due to its passive, it works amazingly well with Kali's ultimate. Plus it's kinda cheap, which somehow give me a advantage on my foes as I will start my 3th item before they do. And lifesteal will help a lot for sustain.

3th item : The Executioner --> I want pen, attack speed and some extra power. Executioner give me all that. Maybe it could be my 2nd item, but I really like Asi on Kali.

2nd active : I usually go with Sprint, but the Greater Purification will probably be better in conquest. I've got to try!

4th item : That's where I'm not sure.
I've tried putting the Warrior Tabi at this step (or maybe Ninja Tabi, I didn't check the maths). Anyway, in joust it feels like it's useless due to the short distance to go through, same for arena. I could just buy tier 1 sprint, it's more efficient for Kali, but I feel like it's required at this stage in conquest. What do you think?

5th & 6th item : Crits. I usually go straight to Rage first then Deathbringer, but if I have enough cash for Deathbringer and a Short Sword I would switch the order.

Situationals : I also really like Jotunn's Wrath as it gives me helpful CDR and some mana (that could be interesting in early game). I would use it instead of shoes for Joust/Arena, but it might be interesting also intead of Deathbringer in conquest, Kali has poor scaling of her abilities anyway. Again, I'm interesting to have your opinion on this!
Also, I don't think that Titan's Bane is really needed on Kali due to her passive. Of course, you won't always attack your target, so you need penetration, but I feel like Asi+ The Executioner is already good.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 3, 2015 6:35am | Report
Blink is great on her as you mentioned for engaging.

I do not like the starter build though, you need Bumba's Mask. And IMO you should always build Kali with Qin's sais and Fatalis.

You need boots as your first item (warriors tabi pref) as well imo for rotations etc.

Executioner us good, Asi is decent when you go rage/db but as I said qin's sais is better imo.

This is my preferred Kali build for jungle (and arena sige joust)

Tried with Obow instead of ichaival, but didn't like it so far need to test it some more. :p

Bluestone works as far as I know (but should only be used in solo ofc).

I like jotunn's in 1v1 joust but the lack of as is not worth it in conquest imo.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 3, 2015 8:29am | Report
Thanks for your advice. I will try your build.

Regarding the Bumba's Mask, I use it for Thor or Loki as junglers, cause it's very effective if you don't have lifesteal but I'm not sure the gold reward worth getting it for Kali if I keep Asi... If I get rid of Asi then it would make sense.
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moonsyne » September 3, 2015 11:02am | Report
The thing is Bumba's Mask just gives you SO much more sustain, and so alongside her lifesteal she should be able to stay in the field longer. Roaming and taking camps for your allies during the match should also be a priority to keep your team buffed and your experience up, which makes the mask more important.

I endorse the want for Qin's Sais and Hastened Fatalis. Although Frostbound Hammer would proc often and make you tankier, you don't need the health with your sustain imo. Hastened Fatalis will not only give you wanted attack speed, but also movement on top of removing the attacking debuff for you, which helps you do almost everything faster. Get to lane, get your kills, chase your kills, etc. With this line of thought, I'd build Ninja Tabi first (just my preference in boots) so you can chase better and return from base quicker. Then building Asi or Hastened Fatalis would be great second options. Asi is a GREAT item, the problem is fitting it into a build early enough, while Kali wants so many other items.

Moonsyne

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » September 3, 2015 11:24am | Report
Bumba's Mask is basically a must if u jungle. Especially with Kali Even though she has has good op sustain her early game is terrible if not the worst out of all the assassins. Even if people try different things for jungle they always use that starter. Kali is all about basic attacking since she has nothing else for damage. Hastened Fatalis fulfills that easily. After that u can go whatever. From crits to Qin's Sais

Maybe not the worst beginning but not definitely hard early game.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 3, 2015 3:21pm | Report
one of the reasons you should get bumba's is because of the early jungle clear itr provised that 10 damage a hit (and 10 on abilities) can easily help you clear a camp faster

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 3, 2015 3:46pm | Report
Thank you all for your replies!
I haven't had the opportunity to go jungle today (I had to play support 4 times in a row...) but I tried this build in arena with Qin's Sais and it works perfectly. Got 23 kills in the first game, 16 in the second one. I used Warrior Tabi, Hastened Fatalis, Qin's Sais, Rage, The Executioner and Titan's Bane.
Fatalis works perfectly for chasing, but the early game (until Qin's Sais is up) is still very difficult :/
I still don't feel the benefit of Titan's Bane with Kali, I'd rather put the Deathbringer in the 6th slot...
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 3, 2015 3:48pm | Report
you shouldn't combine titan's with executioner as executioner limits titans passive (as reduction comes before pen)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » September 3, 2015 7:00pm | Report
While yes on most people Titans band and executioner aren't good building them both on Kali is still good because while reduction comes before pen you already have even more pen on your mark which totals up to 83% of there protections bypassed even after the reductions which is for almost all intents and purposes true damage.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moonsyne » September 3, 2015 7:54pm | Report
That's not a bad point when it comes to shredding to protections, but only tanks go thaaat far into tankiness. If you were to compare it to building Deathbringer, it gives you more power for your abilities, synergy with Rage getting to 50% crit and increasing the damage of those crits? I personally can't do the math, but the smite community has always leaned towards crits being the more powerful avenue, although fun builds do come up. If you wanted to build straight pen, i'd try to fit in Transcendence just for amount of power you'd get and be able to force through.

Moonsyne

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }