Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smash 4 General Disucssion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smash 4 General Disucssion 75 posts - page 1 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 8:23am | Report
This is totally Smite related. Because Palutena is a god and Smite has gods. Illuminati.

Anyway, I play Smash. Palutena is my main. I really, really like this game; more than Melee or Brawl or the N64 versions. It's also kind of hilarious how well this game translates to MOBAs.

I'm pretty good at the game. Nowhere near the best, but good enough to beat pretty much any casual player.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 16, 2014 8:38am | Report
i think you are just trying to cover up the fact that you put the thread in the wrong section illuminati.

Megaman and Zero suit Samus are awesome IMO.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 8:40am | Report
Megaman is weird; some people are calling him total ****, while others say he's pretty good. ZSS, however, everyone agrees is insanely good. Seriously, she hits like a truck now, and she's THE roll punisher.

Her main weakness, from what I can tell, is her inability to punish rolls toward her (albeit, this is overcome with skill and prediction), and most of her kill moves and her grab being obvious or have huge ending lag. The problem is, however, that a good ZSS will make you her ***** regardless, since most of her weaknesses can be overcome by sheer outplay.

Personally, I think Mega Man is okay. I don't like playing him, personally, but I've seen him used really well. He basically has the quick aerials of a light character, the laggy but hard hitting smashes of a heavy character, only with a ton of utility and zoning in his range and his specials, all in a medium character. He's more geared to offense and poking, I think, compared to Palutena's defensive specials and punishes, but they are fairly similar.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 16, 2014 9:00am | Report
Pac-man, Yes Pac-****ing-Man is my fvourite.
His recovery is just insane, he hits like a tuck, he has one of the best final smashes in the game and did I mention he is ****ing PAC-MAN.

But most importantly:

The Hydrant Plays

Rosalina is a close second. She is my girl.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 9:12am | Report
When I play Pac Man, I keep feeling like when I play Villager: I have no ****ing clue what I'm doing halp me plz

Wow, you must be really good to play Rosalina.

Wii U or 3DS?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 16, 2014 9:22am | Report
I would like to play this game..... if only i have a Wii U or 3DS :( But i think if i play it, i'll try to main Shulk. But honetly though, when i played brawl, all i did is just press the super attack button lol (can't KO anyone, that's why i play Peach lol, help please :'()

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 10:09am | Report
Well, think of it this way. Autoattacks in League, plus passives and item actives, are the A buttons. Abilities and ults are the Bs. And everyone builds full AD. Some are AD casters, relying heavily on their special moves. Some are ADCs, using specials only for utility. Etc.

Unlike MOBAs and Fighting Games, highly damaging moves are NOT kill moves. They can be the same move, but most of the time, the moves and combos you do to rack up damage are extremely inefficient to kill the said enemy, either because they're hard to land, don't knock enemies back too far, or are too predictable.

Generally speaking, A spamming (also known as the jab, or jab combo), along with grabs, tilts, and some smash attacks, are the damage dealers. Stronger mash attacks and some special moves are the kill moves.

The game really is similar to a MOBA. There are gap closers, peeling, momentum, CC, etc. Only gap closers are approaches, peeling is, well, peeling, momentum is still momentum, and CC is stunlocking.

That's a very basic tutorial.

This one is more advanced.

Ultimately, I'd advise you to watch clips of smash games, to figure out the general gist of what you should be doing, before trying to do it. Then you should practice against CPUs, friends, etc. Smash is a pretty communal game - my old school had its own unofficial smash club.

Shulk is pretty cool. He's pretty much like a weaker Marth, but with more range - but the key difference is his ability to give himself s stat boost in different areas, in exchange for weaknesses. He then becomes weirdly versatile - you can use Shield Form to survive at way higher percentages than a light character should, as well as KO at insanely low percentages in Smash form.

If you want me to keep talking, I can do that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 16, 2014 12:44pm | Report
My main 5 are:

ZZS: Down Smash into Up Smash too strong, not to mention so many funny wombo combos

Zelda: I know nobody likes Zelda now that Din's Fire has a shorter range, but her camping game can rack up damage insanely fast, and her Up and Neutral specials give her good anti melee, along with strong finishers and damage ramp ups, like her Up and Side smashes.

Game and Watch: Omg, I love this little guy. His laggy, glitchy animations confuse people, not to mention... "OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL ZACH (That's me :D), ****ING LUCKY NUMBER 9 ********!"

Wii Fit Trainer: Erm, I don't know, not sure if I like her yet, but I know her alternate on Deep Breathing (the one that causes an explosion) is funny as hell.

Little Mac: Sort of a glass cannon, to be honest. Insanely solid ground game with crazy KO power, but sucky air and recovery game.

Can someone explain to me how Shulk's forms work? I played him once and was insanely confused.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 16, 2014 1:17pm | Report
1. MK: my friend said he sucked because no more infinite hits, that was before my 10-win streak.
2. Ike/Wendy: Ike is powerful but kinda slow. Wendy is hella fast, but lacks any real finishers. Also, the up-taunt for Wendy is pretty hawt, kinda literally.
3. Falco McNimbostratus: <- B, -> B, <- B, etc.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 16, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wow, you must be really good to play Rosalina.

Oh Sub! You make me blush! I think I can go as far as to say that I'm decant at Rosalina, mainly because I spent most of the first day I got the game trying to figure out how to do anything as her. I just love her kit and I'm a fan of Rosalina as a character. Whenever I find a character I like in a game, I stick with them. Even if it means losing
a lot.

I only have the WII U version because I wasn't sure if I was going to like the game, so I didn't make the commitment to buying both versions. After playing it though, I kind of regret that decision.

Also RazeMage I would recommend this video if you want to learn the basics on how to smash:
Hack I would recommend it to anybody who want to have a good time, cuz Assist Me is really gud.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }