Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smash 4 General Disucssion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smash 4 General Disucssion 75 posts - page 6 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 18, 2014 6:16pm | Report
This is like saying LoL doesn't take skill all over again.

I haven't play the Mellee nor the Wii U, but from all you said i think both have a different skills. In mellee, i think you need to learn those things like those cancelling, etc. If you know how to do this, you can easily beat a "noob". In Wii U, i think, you need to learn strategy, since you cannot spam the techniques of cancelling. This keeps the game keeps its competitive style but makes it a bit better experience for casual gamers.

Edit :

ICEN wrote:

Heres a question.

WHICH GAME WOULD A PRO DESTORY A NOOB IN MORE

SSB Melee or SSB Wii u?

Exactly, you would not STAND A CHANCE against a pro in Melee, if I face a top pro on SSB Wii U I would have more of a chance at beating them then if I played on Melee.. You can deny that if you want but its just a fact.

Exactly, if a game just lets you practice that techniques, you can just spam it in all your games, making the experience not good for your opponent and makes it boring you. In Wii U, you need to practice how to counter. People will need to even learn how to counter people that button mashing. Melee is just more flashier, etc that makes it looks better

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 18, 2014 6:18pm | Report
He wasn't saying it's false he's saying it's opinion. Hence subjective vs objective.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 18, 2014 6:22pm | Report
I probably watched like 3 videos of Pros from Melee playing Wii U SSB.

I still have yet to see any amazing combos, what is the max combo in this match 3??? What is the average combo like 2? Rofl, **** is really weak compared to Melee. **** is not an opinion, its a strait fact that Melee has obliteration combos.

2-3 Combos on Wii U Vs 7+ Combos on Melee and you guys think you can say its just an opinion ROLF>

Facts are things like
Wii U = Slower
Wii U = No L cancling
Wii U = Less combos
Wii U = No wave dash
Wii U = No chain grab
Wii U = No Edge hang hog
Wii U = Weaker Dash Dance
Wii U = No platform cancling

Opinions are things like
Melee = Funner
Melee = Cooler
Melee = I like it better

QUESTION : What is the average combo in this PRO video of PROS playing the game?? 3 ???
For what reason would I want to say SSB Wii U sucks bawls when I like SSB and is my favorite fighting game??? Its just the damn facts, combos suck bawls in SSB4 Wii U and if you disagree you might be on drugs and whatever drugs you are on first tell me which drug and second show me these pros pulling of any nice combos that are over 2-3 on average.

Maybe you guys think 2-3 combo hits are fun and moving slow is fun, to me that **** is lame, I'd much rather be able to pull of a 10 hit combo if I am good enough and move much faster.

Remember I'm not saying the game is bad, I am saying compared to Melee you people are on drugs if you think the combos or better or it takes more skill.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 18, 2014 6:29pm | Report
We never said the combos were better, but that doesn't make it less skilled. Contrary to your belief, bigger combo does not mean better. Anyone can pump out a ridiculous combo that has *ZERO* counterplay during it, on a steady basis. That's basically all fighting games. What takes REAL skill is beating someone while they CAN fight back, consistently.

If you have to pump out 5 combos 3 hits long to kill someone, I'll consider it infinitely more skilled than a game where you only need one combo of 10 hits which they can't fight back during.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 18, 2014 6:43pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

We never said the combos were better, but that doesn't make it less skilled. Contrary to your belief, bigger combo does not mean better. Anyone can pump out a ridiculous combo that has *ZERO* counterplay during it, on a steady basis. That's basically all fighting games. What takes REAL skill is beating someone while they CAN fight back, consistently.

If you have to pump out 5 combos 3 hits long to kill someone, I'll consider it infinitely more skilled than a game where you only need one combo of 10 hits which they can't fight back during.
Um no, noobs cannot pull of big combos in Melee.

A noob would NEVER be able be to combo me like that in Melee, only good players can combo like that, if you think for a second you would even stand a chance against those pros in the video I just listed in Melee compared to Wii U then you aren't very good at either game.

And I'm about 99% positive right now that I am destroying all of you in 1v1 no items on both games right now, because any good player in SSB knows that Melee heavily takes more skill than Brawl or SSB Wii U, I guess my friend who goes to tournaments for SSB is just a noob who also thinks Melee is better or maybe he is actually not a noob and calls Melee more skilled because it actually is.

The fact that you think a big combo is undodgeable shows you are not that amazing in SSB.

You can just TEC of the floor or walls to get out of a combo, its just your own fault if you roll back into the combo. Its your fault if you get destroyed in SSB by another player who practices.

I'm done with this thread because I can show every video proving Melee to take more skill, have more combos, be faster, show the same pros even saying Melee takes more skills yet you no timers think SSB WII U takes more skill than Melee???>?

Hell we even have Raze mage who never even PLAYED THE GAME now saying SSB WII U is still just as competitive, ya because that makes 100% perfect sense, lets have RazeMage who says he never played either game to compare the two..... FACE PALM ME NOW>

*Please, for the Love of God, lets settle this the easy way*

What is your IGN or whatever its called on Wii U

Once my friend comes over I am demolishing all of you with Captain Falcon

Then after I demolish all of you, I'm going to let you face my friend and watch him 2 stock each of you of, I mean I will come close to 2 stocking all of you as well but hey, that's why I don't have to just make a post I want to actually do it.

*Next Post Insert your In Game Names please for when my friend comes over we 1v1*

And I would appreciate it if you guys actually give me your name because its like the 4th time I kept asking What is everyones IGN'S and it seems all of you don't want to test my captain falcon.

After I 2 stock all of you I would love for you to tell me how Melee takes less skill.

Because if I 2 stock all of you in SSB Wii U that is horrible, that would be equal to me 4 stocking you in Melee.

So, you guys should go back to your original conversation because obviously you guys are never going to see the reality that Melee takes more skill and that SSB Wii U makes it EASIER for noobs to beat a pro player not the other way around. Pros on Melee would merk all of you with 4 stocks left, you wouldn't even scratch them 4 times or take a stock.

They 2 stock pros all the time and for any of you to think you would stand a chance in Melee is funny, you only stand a chance now because the noobed SSB down in the Wii U version.

The way to prove my point is not to keep making post after post.

The way to prove my point is to beat every single one of you on the forum and 2 stock 85% of you hopefully. Well lets put it this way, for all of those of you who think you are just "Average" yea I am 2 stocking you.

Now IGN's what are they.

I'm not even being angry or whatever like some of you are probably thinking "Oh ICEN being a **** right now".

No ICEN literally LINKED you guys videos you either brush them off like they don't show anything when clearly it proves everything I just said. I Gave every example of why a pro in Melee will crush you harder than a pro in Wii U and you guys think that Wii U still takes the same amount of skill???

Which is why if I can't talk you into seeing the reality I'll just have to 2 stock that reality into your favorite character.

Pick Little Mac for all I care, I'm still going to knee your face in and never play me in SSB again.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 18, 2014 7:07pm | Report
Combos don't mean skill at all... it just means that you know how to connect a chain of moves. That's like saying Poseidon takes a huge amount of skill just because you put his 1,3, and 4 together.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 18, 2014 7:23pm | Report
I talk to mah friend who is a geek as on SSB he says this

"You have to be very lucky to connect a combo, you have to be really fast"

"You ain't connecting no forward B falcon Knee"

"The only way you are connecting combos is with your grab"

"Some characters can still combo"

He basically said "Its a whole new game"

He said " have to switch my play style up because I got destroyed by someone online, lost 10 matches in a row to a Megaman"

I asked him, would a noob stand more of a chance against you on Melee or the new smash.

He said "Mah dude.... I will **** on people in Melee hhaha, I'd say the stand more of a chance in the new SSB because the play style is different then Melee and its a whole new game"

He said "It still takes skill, just a different type of skill than Melee"

But basically he told me this on the phone

"You can't compare Melee to the new Smash only because its a Totally Different game... its real ****ing gay, its real ****ing gay, there is some **** like Melee but at the same time everything is different....it can be more competitive or more easier"

"The tactic is grab the edge after them, they are stunned for a split second after losing the edge"

"The new edge is easier to grab because you don't have to grab the sweet spot, melee was harder to grab the edge because you have to grab it more perfect"

Overall they have EQUAL Competitiveness, but melee feels better because its faster, dash dance ect, but both are competitive in its own way.

Basically he was just saying it takes its own skill because its a new type of game style.

But he still said that if you face a pro on melee they are crushing you worst then in the new smash.

All he told me was , new smash = new game so you have to play it differently then brawl or melee (Said he got destroyed by a Megaman 10 times in a row and it pissed him off).

He said he was beating everyone else but some guy named Sneak?

LOL, then he said some people would win and just leave the match to piss him off.

XD

Also my friend said this

People who never played Melee can still beat your *** only because its like a different game than Melee. That's what happened to me the first time I played.

But now if I go online I would strait whoop everyones ***

But I'll tell you this "You gotta use a new style or you'll lose if you try to copy your melee style, I'll just tell you now there gonna beat you bad, its like a brand new game"

*Basically my friend was saying that I should not underestimate any of you because since its a different game I can't copy my Melee style or I will get **** on, says that I have to change my style to the new SSB WII U GAME*

I'll just believe him since he is a geek ***.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 18, 2014 7:30pm | Report
My friend even said this

I went into the new SSB thinking
"I'm about to **** on these brawl noobs, its not even a challenge, I'm a veteran I'm about to dominate these kids"

Then he said "Nope, I got demolished and because the game is nothing like Melee"

He said you don't even get far by soaring through the air, he told me like with Captain Falcon before if you short jumped and kneed you could fly soar almost across through the entire stage, now he said the soaring through the air is slower so you can't fly through map really easy now :(

He said You can't just go after someone and beat their *** with captain falcon, you have to have strategy now instead of just going ham and beating their ***.

And he told me to play Captain Falcon on platform levels with the new SSB because people like to spam Projectiles on flat land levels.

He said

Flat land levels = Mega Man spammers

Plat form levels = Captain Flacon ect to get in on those spammers.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » December 18, 2014 8:28pm | Report
I know it's not the same thing but here is a 999+ combo in SSB4

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » December 18, 2014 10:37pm | Report
Megaman is a mid-low tier character...and Captain Falcon is top tier...

Aeadar

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }