Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smash 4 General Disucssion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smash 4 General Disucssion 75 posts - page 3 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 17, 2014 10:23am | Report
back to the topic without letting icen ruin another thread.

the reason i love megaman is because he is a character who comes back into a fight, i have had these situations of being at 90% and turning it around so many tiems because the moment when i get them at around 50-60% they just have no hope , your skills provide so much knock back that they can't get to you, if they do you still got a slide dash to get out of sticky situations while also offering the chance of comboing into an up normal.

your side smashes are ****tarded in range and you are pretty heavy so you can take a few hits even if you are at a 100% (unless smashed) and your recovery ain't shabby either.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 17, 2014 12:33pm | Report
Actually Sub, your reasons for why this game is more skill-based is why I like Bowser Jr./the Koopalings. Honestly, it's so easy to know what a Koopa would do. Huge distance in a straight platform? <- B. Opponent rushing towards you into the sky? Up B. Opponent at melee distance? Basic attack spam. So, I usually switch around my playstyle though the game. Maybe once I'll use <- B to close a gap. Maybe another I will just hover over there. Makes the Koopas interesting characters to play instead of a bland, set-strategy character.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 17, 2014 2:56pm | Report
Eh, yea I delete the big post I just made because I am spamming a bit to much of SSB.

Okay, pretty much you see the dashing **** at the begging of this video? Yea I'ma be doing that and its gonna be pissing you off.

To the average player dashing like that seems stupid and pointless, hell you might even beat some noobs who done it but that's because they are nothing but noobs who can stand in one spot and do it. Face someone who puts that into their fighting style and you are most likely losing the match. It does three main things. It makes the opponent miss their attacks because when you dash like that they think you are coming it and our of range which makes them miss, they get confused on what your about to do which is why they miss or swing randomly, its makes it hard to tell when your going to attack them.

If your just standing still its EASY to tell when your going to attack because your character will be moving forward and its easily seen, if you are running its obvious you coming for an attack, when you dash like that they can't read your movements.

So when I face someone like you guys I will have a OP advantage because if your not doing it I will always react better than you, if you are just jumping or coming at me its obvious most of the time, if you were dashing like a crazy mofo left and right I and short jumping up and down near me I wouldn't be able to read where your going to be next or what your about to do. The white dust kind of makes it look more confusing as well.

When someone is moving left and right rally fast you can't tell if they are facing left or right. It looks stupid to the average person but you will see most people will skill doing it.

In Melee dash dancing was better because you could move further left and right, in Wii U SSB I think they reduced the distance you can dash left and right, its still useful but you can do **** like that boost grab ect.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 17, 2014 6:38pm | Report
I like Falcon tbh. His powerful air combos and newfound falcon punch reliability make him fun to play, and really punishing against anyone in the air. He's kinda iffy on recovery and his edgeguard is only average, but I love his actual on-platform dueling, so as long as you play as well as your opponent, you should come out ahead.

Side note, I think I like this meta knight more than brawl's. He's more balanced but has solid up-b combo launch, or rather, just launch in general now.

Anyway, I'm not the most experienced, I don't own it I've only played it over a friend's, but those two are who I tested out most (at the instruction of the wonderful Sky Williams)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 17, 2014 6:41pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Shulk Talk

...who's Wendy?

And believe me, Meta Knight was broken even if they removed his A infinite combo. It was his literally unbeatable priority, ridiculous air game (which relies heavily on priority), his versatile approaches (that ignore projectiles), and his insanely fast Up B finisher. That's not including about his really fast up and down smashes, his fantastic recovery, his decent range, good air/dash/walk speeds, good grabs...etc.

Not to mention his ******ed trip mechanic on his down tilt, and the ******** gliding mechanics. Oh, and his Dair and Upair being so ******** ******ed on someone with already ridiculously good air mobility... Thank god they're nerfed/gone.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 17, 2014 6:45pm | Report
Which reminds me, I Fight for my Friends --> I'm Really Feeling It
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 17, 2014 6:57pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I like Falcon tbh. His powerful air combos

um

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 17, 2014 7:10pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

um

exactly
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 17, 2014 7:11pm | Report

Actually Sub, your reasons for why this game is more skill-based is why I like Bowser Jr./the Koopalings. Honestly, it's so easy to know what a Koopa would do. Huge distance in a straight platform? <- B. Opponent rushing towards you into the sky? Up B. Opponent at melee distance? Basic attack spam. So, I usually switch around my playstyle though the game. Maybe once I'll use <- B to close a gap. Maybe another I will just hover over there. Makes the Koopas interesting characters to play instead of a bland, set-strategy character.

Oooh boy. Do NOT do that strat against a decent opponent. Because spamming specials WILL get you killed because of their high ending lag and predictability, and staleness reduces knockback, which means your KO power is weakened.

You should try playing against a level 9 CPU to see how you fare. Because changing strategies is a basic technique, and I doubt you win against high level players by special spam.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 17, 2014 7:12pm | Report
Does anyone mind filling me in on how Kirby's doing in Smash 4? I'll probably have the motivation through all these comments sometime in the future but not today...and Kirby has been my main man in every smash game.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }