Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smash 4 General Disucssion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smash 4 General Disucssion 75 posts - page 2 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 16, 2014 2:05pm | Report

Oh Sub! You make me blush! I think I can go as far as to say that I'm decant at Rosalina, mainly because I spent most of the first day I got the game trying to figure out how to do anything as her. I just love her kit and I'm a fan of Rosalina as a character. Whenever I find a character I like in a game, I stick with them. Even if it means losing
a lot.

I only have the WII U version because I wasn't sure if I was going to like the game, so I didn't make the commitment to buying both versions. After playing it though, I kind of regret that decision.

Also RazeMage I would recommend this video if you want to learn the basics on how to smash:
Hack I would recommend it to anybody who want to have a good time, cuz Assist Me is really gud.

The funny part is that most people at my school and people in another forum agree that along with Sheik, Rosalina is one of the best two Smash characters. Also, I didn't know Assist Me still made videos after he was done with UMVC3 XD
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 16, 2014 6:47pm | Report
Little Mac ****ing everywhere.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 17, 2014 12:54am | Report
Shulk Talk

...who's Wendy?

And believe me, Meta Knight was broken even if they removed his A infinite combo. It was his literally unbeatable priority, ridiculous air game (which relies heavily on priority), his versatile approaches (that ignore projectiles), and his insanely fast Up B finisher. That's not including about his really fast up and down smashes, his fantastic recovery, his decent range, good air/dash/walk speeds, good grabs...etc.

That video Nex posted up is amazing.

And Little Mac may as well be the new mascot of For Glory, because I see him ridiculously often. That said, I think Palutena is a pretty good pick against him, since I never have much trouble fighting him and it's hilarious to stop his recovery with Reflect Barrier. So much troll.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 17, 2014 2:35am | Report
I call Bowser Jr.'s alternate skin Wendy. I thought it would've been ok seeing as how people also call him Roy, Ludwig, Iggy, etc.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 17, 2014 6:51am | Report
Melee still ***** on all Smash games, that's not debatable either, the only people who think its debatable are the ones who just play for "Fun" and don't care about ****ting on people.

Melee is all about skill, brawl is not about skill, and Smash Wii U is not about skill.

Obviously there is some skill to some extent but they put some real ******ed **** in the new smash, I don't own a Wii U my friend does, he is the biggest Smash fiend ever. He has melee hours maxed out at all 99999's..

He would probably molest 97% of the people on this Earth on Melee.

I mean I am pretty good, I would def ROFL stomp all of you into the ground with no hope (Melee) but in brawl or the new Smash the only reason average players can WIN is because they took all of the **** that made you pro in Melee.

Melee = Faster, More techniques, better strategy, better mechanics.

They are plain ******ed for taking all of that stuff away, let me list the things that are ******ed, they basically nubbed down the game ON PURPOSE knowing that people who are good in melee will rofl stomp anyone who is not skilled.

For those of you who never played Melee, knew the secret techniques, trust me, its much much much more different than any other fighting game, in Melee you could do some crazy **** BUT unlike other games you had to work hours on being pro as **** in Melee. If you seen someone put you in a crazy *** combo and not get touched in Melee it was because they EARNED that skill, you can't get killed in Brawl or the new Smash and think to yourself "OMG that guy was so skilled!!!"

*List of ******ed things*

- People can now grab your edge without actually hitting you off it... this is so ****ing stupid on many levels. It used to be strategy that when you knock someone off the edge you jump down and hang on the ledge so they can't grab it, now its so ****ing noob friendly where it FORCES you to drop the hang if someone else touches the edge because it lets noobs grab the edge now without working for it. So damn stupid, now the only way to kill someone is to intercept them, it used to be you could hit them off the cliff then take their edge away.

- No L-Cancling aka animation cancling. OMG wtf is wrong with them. L-Cancling made **** so much faster and more skilled. You could have crazy combo's because you could use a slow *** move like LINKS down C stick and recover really fast and pull your sword out super fast so you can follow up with another move. AND NO it was not cheating because you can still tec off the ground and break out of combos easily by shielding when you hit a wall or ground. They took L-Cancling away because the creator of SSB is a noob who can't do it probably.

I played SSB Wii U and the combos are whack. Trust me, I am better than everyone here I am confident in that unless one of you are magically pro as hell. You'll be lucky to do a 4 hit combo without the help of a team mate.

That is sooooo weak, in Melee you could pull off ****ing 10 hit combos if you were skilled enough and more with your team mate. Now its just watered down so the noobs who don't want to train and become better can have a fair fight which is ********* to be honest. There was nothing wrong with the mechanics of Melee so they decide to fix something that wasn't broken.

They took all of this away because its not a "Competitive Game" its a "Party Game" **** that, SSB was always competitive, I don't care if they call it a party game, when I was a kid we took beating each others ***es with Luigi serious.

- No more Dash dance, well they have it, its just hard as **** to do now and you have to move left and right super super fast just to do it and its ****tier. It was used to confuse the **** out of people so they don't know wtf your about to do.

- No wave dash, that pisses me off big time. In a fight if you are running and want to turn around you have to shield roll back now, not only is it obvious but its slow and will get you raped. So dumb, before you could run and then wave dash backwards so they miss their attack then dash forward. So much bs.

OVERALL THIS IS WHY ITS NOT BETTER THAN MELEE

- Everything that took skill was taken away for the sake of noobs not getting **** on by pros
* No Edge Guarding no more
* No L cancling to get bigger combos and speed up your characters recover
* No wave dash so you can move back and forth quicker than using a slow *** shield roll
* No good dash dancing

What do we have?

= New Characters
= New Stages
= New Items
= New modes

Big whoop, that does not make it better.

Even my friend who is a complete SSB nerd geek *** is mad they still took all of this out.

For those of you who do not realize the type of **** MELEE players were capable of let me show you a video of the **** you could do in MELEE and why it ROFL stomps every SSB game.

I still like it as a game and would play it, but I know damn well the game would be 100x better if they brang back all the **** I listed above. There is NO reason to take that **** out other than to noob the game down and that makes the game boring. I don't even have fun playing that SSB much, Melee I could play with friends because I had to train to stomp them into the ground, on these new SSB games all I have to do is pick a OP *** Lil mac or power house like IKE and get one good swing and win. NO SKILL NEEDED.

**** that I'll just pick Ganadorph and jump grab you off the cliff for a cheating win, no skill needed.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 17, 2014 6:54am | Report
By the way Captain Falcon is my Main (Not sure about the new SSB since I haven't played him much on that). On just about every SSB I merk with Captain Falcon, OP speed, OP knee, OP falcon punch, speed + knee = You die.

Seriously

Look at this combo and tell me that Melees mechanics + speed is not the best

You know its sad when my friend is waiting for someone to HACK the new SSB just like they hacked SSB brawl so we can play with the old mechanics.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 17, 2014 7:07am | Report
Not sure if weight is the same on SSB wii u since I wasn't paying attention when I was playing it over my friends house (Mainly because I was just testing the new characters).

On every other SSB you win by short jumping.

I guess if your just facing average people you can stay on the ground but if you go against anyone who short jumps their moves and fights in the air 90% of the time you will surely get owned.

Example would be if I am captain falcon the way I attack is I dash left and right really fast over and over, then I rush in short jump use neutral air attack because he kicks twice and the range is sort of long. When I hit the ground I short jump again and spam the same move then when I hit the ground I just go back to dashing left and right so they can never guess what I'm going to do next.

Then I start spamming the knee.

Basically if you want to merk people you have to short jump all of your air moves so that you barely lift off the ground, because your faster, hit the ground faster and they can't react that fast, plus its quite annoying to see a captain falcon spamming knees that KO your *** with ease.

#1 Spam Dash dance to confuse them
#2 Spam short jump air attacks
#3 Go back to Dash dancing
#4 Repeat this for about 3 times to rack up damage
#5 If they start blocking at this point grab them since their forced to block your spam
#6 Throw them down
#7 Short jump falcon knee
#8 Follow them off the cliff and intercept them and laugh

Then Taught 4 times while you only took 10% damage and they are dead, then two stock them and laugh more because you are only on 40% damage and took two of their lives.

The best **** to do is pick a character like Villager or someone who has a projectile.

Shoot the projectile then rush them and grab them.

For example : If you shoot that rocket looking wooden thing that villager has they are forced to block it or get hit, so you just run and grab them, if they block they will get grabbed, if they don't block they will get hit by the projectile then grabbed anyways.

I'm ****ing pissed that they took my ****ing WOLF off.

Captain Falcon was my Main on every SSB up to Melee. Wolf was my new main when Brawl came.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 17, 2014 8:51am | Report
Melee is overrated and I remember you were complaining about LoL's graphics in a MOBA thread... Melee's graphics are kinda ****ty compared to the new Smash and Brawl

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 17, 2014 10:10am | Report
Edgehogging was even cheaper. A noob player can knock someone off by pure luck, and prevent his reovery with a simple technique that even a noob can learn. In Wii U, you can actually have an air game around the edge. Yes, getting into the air game is easier, but the air game itself is far more skill-oriented than edgehogging.

L-Canceling made it hard to balance certain characters and gave light characters an insane advantage - aka the fox/falco/marth problem. Without it, you can now have more character in the meta, which is way better. All L-canceling did was give people who knew how to L-cancel an advantage, without actually involving any skill.

I say that because stuff like predicting, reading, conditioning your opponent, dodging, etc, THAT is skill. A technique isn't skill. For example, everyone can faceroll as Anubis with practice, because that's a technique. But predicting the Agni dash and stunning him at the landing location, THAT is skill.

The entire giant combo system was STUPID. Okay? I'll say it: It's stupid. It's stupid in the same way that Smite's 100-0 combos are stupid - no counterplay. I repeat: NO COUNTERPLAY. This meant a good enough player, if he got a grab on your, you might as well go afk - it'll be the same result, since you'd be HELPLESS. (Also, I've seen videos of multiple combos. They're still in the game, but just not as long.)

Seriously, the game is even more competitive now, because there is far more skill involved. With more characters in the meta, there are more movesets and tells you have to learn. With less combos, you're more reliant on prediction and timing instead of memorizing one or two death combos and spamming them.

For example, in Melee/Brawl, I played Falco, and I was literally unbeatable because I could chaingrab everyone into a down air at the edge of the stage, meaning I could literally 100-0 everyone with one grab. That was stupid and unfun.

I'm pretty sure Dash Dancing is still in the game. Wavedashing is out, thank god.

ICEN, it sounds like you're mostly complaining about how HARD the game is now. Instead of spamming death combos and free escapes and free lag canceling, you now have to actually deal with the lag, like a man. Tsk tsk tsk.

NOW, you actually have to know a character's ENTIRE kit. You have to predict and read, instead of getting a free get out of jail card from lag canceling and wavedashing. You can't make mistakes and then recover - you have to get it right on the first go - and the bigger pool of characters means that there's even more to learn, even more potential surprises.

Your video just proves my point - it's too easy in Melee to 100-0 someone with an unfailable combo - aka why Ice Climbers were banned in some tournaments. Smash 4 not only gave more room for mistakes, but also made it easier for newer players to get it. It's awesome.

:P PBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 17, 2014 10:18am | Report
*says he is better then anyone and uses that as arguement without having fought anyone here... bravo icen this is a new low i think.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }