Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 14 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 16, 2014 6:33am | Report
that is not what im saying, im saying that there is this incredibly common misconception that you can't compare any moba to smite because of just the view difference.

a large part of the appeal of smite is that is in 3d person, i mean just tell me how many of you are playing smite because you dont like the top down perspective most other moba's have? heck thats the way i started and probebly most of us started.

my point is that a change of perspective doesn't mean you can just disregard the similarties.

also here is some food for thought. smite is a game caterd towards the casual group :3

thats what the whole 3d person view accomplishes. i dont think hirez them selfes knew this considering how much they have changed the game just to make it look a little more dark and grittier in the sence of maps and looks to cater towards "hard core" gamers.

note casual is a bad thing, a casual game doesnt mean it is for babies or "not real gamers" or that can't have a competitive side. a casual game means something everybody could get into. now let me ask you that question again, why did all of you start playing smite and not any other moba?

if i would awnser that question when is started then i would have said: "because i like the 3rd person view of it as its something im used to coming from mostly consoles and never having a gaming pc untill now." it felt like something i could get into easier.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 16, 2014 6:40am | Report
This place is so full of nerds.

I think I smell pocket protectors.

(Very old reference. But I find it funneh.)
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 16, 2014 8:25am | Report
But what if it's not "I like the 3rd person view", what if it's, "I dislike sky view/click to move/etc."

I think there is a difference there.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 16, 2014 9:28am | Report
I give daco a point but since I have only seen 3rd person moba ad the rts moba you don't have a lot of options

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 16, 2014 9:34am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

But what if it's not "I like the 3rd person view", what if it's, "I dislike sky view/click to move/etc."

I think there is a difference there.

the difference is that the person who looks at it like that is a little more negative in looking at his preference.

the person who is here because he dislikes the sky vew and click movement is here because he would then prefer 3dr person view and wasd movement.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 16, 2014 9:35am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I give daco a point but since I have only seen 3rd person moba ad the rts moba you don't have a lot of options

but soon gigantic... sooon...

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 16, 2014 9:37am | Report
still the 3rd person stays I only know the rts moba (with the top down view and clicking) and the 3rd person uch uhc smite. I don't know any other variants of them

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 16, 2014 10:13am | Report
Devampi wrote:

still the 3rd person stays I only know the rts moba (with the top down view and clicking) and the 3rd person uch uhc smite. I don't know any other variants of them

well yeah but that kind of helps me prove my point.

hirez had a cool idea that pulled in a huge untapt market.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 16, 2014 10:59am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I still find it funny that people think that just because people insta ban a God means all the other Gods suck LOLOL

Well lets see, you can only a ban a few Gods, no **** your going to ban the best God you think is good.

Devios plays ****ing Tyr Solo lane and I literally watched a game a few days ago where he had over 7 Kills and made the other team surrender.

Yes Tyr is garbage too

Or have you ever herd of "Be good"

I guess Tyr is a scrub, but that's why the other team surrendered to a scrub Tyr right??

Most : Note the word MOST gods in SMite are balanced.

If anyone thinks the majority or half gods in Smite are unbalanced they are insane.

There are only a few Gods that someone can say are under powered

and only a few Gods people can say are over powered.

*Realize the difference between over powered and strong pick*

People pick Geb because hes a strong pick, they don't ban him because he is over powered.

If any of you were to tell me Geb is OP I would ****ing laugh.

Geb can't do any damage to me, if I seen him ganking me I would LAUGH because I know he ain't going to do **** to me, I fear ****ing sobek more then geb.

The only reason Geb is banned is because of his Shield that allows his team mates to make plays.

If you take gebs shield away he really ain't that good.

Almost every God in Smite can be played and played well, even played on a Pro level.

Majority of the Gods in Smite are balanced.

If you die, you don't die from something that is OP, you got **** on because you made a mistake.

Only a God like Apollo can you even start to complain okay maybe he has too much

But he is few of the exceptions and like I said MOST are balanced, the game overall is balanced.

****ing beads and aegis are counters to most of the **** in smite, yet people are still complaining about a ult which can be easily countered by Aegis or beads ??

Let me make a list of Gods and show you why its your fault for getting **** on

Literally like 95% of the Gods in the game are balanced, literally 95% of the Gods in the game can be countered buy either active items such as beads/aegis or weakening curse/anti heal items.

Here is the list of Gods and why you got **** on by them, only a few are strong to the point you can just say "That God is strong that's why I died"

- Agni = Your fault for getting **** on

- AMC = If you get **** on by him don't even complain

- Anhur = Cry because it was your fault for dying

- Anubis = Buy beads or aegis you noob

- Aphro = if you die by her you lack prediction of her easy **** you know shes going to do

- Apollo = Other than him ulting you when you didn't see him, its your damn fault for dying

- Arachne = Close range, your fault noob

- Ares = Your the one who decided to eat his chains, its your fault

- Artemis = Buy ****ing beads or aegis for her ULT DERP DERP DERP

- Athena = other than getting ulted on you have no room to complain if you let her taunt you

- Bacchus = yes because you didn't know he was going to do a predictable belly flop

- Bakasura = Everything is close range, your fault if he gets close on you, buy wards kids

- Bastet = You already know she is going to jump then jump back

- Cabraken = If you get **** on by him you suck, if he has blink you should have checked

- Chaac = Avoid his poke the end

- Change = She is just going to spam 1 very simple

- Chronos = That's what happens when you get stunned, next time don't get hit by his 3

- Cupid = Buy beads or aegis for his ult idiot duh

- Freya = Okay, her ult is op with her kit, but she is one of the exceptions

- Fenrir = Really? Of course he is going to jump, are you blind?

- Geb = He can't even kill **** by himself, if you die by Geb just give up on Smite

- Guan Yu = Everything is close range, your fault

- Hades = So predictable 1, avoid it and he can never kill you

- Hebo = Don't go near him close range, its your fault if he ults your face at close range

- Hel = Really, that is your fault for feeding her

- Hercules = Buy weakening curse and anti heal items DUH, he has a certain range as well

- Hun batz = He is very strong but you know damn well he is just going to jump then ult you

- Isis = You can't see that slow *** ball????

- Janus = His 1 does all his damage, avoid his portal and you don't die

- Kali = She takes skill, if you die by her its your own fault

- Kulkulkan = Aegis his ult and he can't really kill you unless you sit in tornado's

- ***bha = Okay, you have time to get away from him by time he kills you, its your own fault

- Loki = Aegis his ult our counter him out of his vanish

- Merc = Okay he is strong, but again few exceptions, buy beads for his damn grab IDIOT please

- Ne Zha = buy ****ing beads or aegis the end

- Neith = Buy beads or aegis the end, she relies on roots, its obvious don't get rooted

- Nem = She relies on her ult, beads out of it or stay the hell away from her when you see her

- Nu Wa = Aegis her ult, don't let minions get near you

- Odin = your fault if you let him jump on your face then explode a shield on you, its obvious

- Osiris = He is annoying as hell when on you, but its your fault for letting him get on you

- Poseidon = Aegis his ult the end

- Ra = Buy weakening curse and anti heal items, he is strong but has no real burst besides ult

- Rama = Strong pick, if you die by his ult its because the other person has skill with it

- Scylla = Eh, she is strong

- Serquet = Annoying

- Sobek = Avoid the pull or aegis his ult

- Sun Wukong = Avoid the grab

- Sylvannus = If you die by him its 1000% your fault

- Thanatos = Aegis his ult, avoid his poke

- Thor = Strong, can't do much if you don't see his ult coming but you can aegis it

- Tyr = Your fault for getting blinked if you knew he had it, he is all close range

- Ullr = Needs to land full 6 combo to kill you, if you let him then he got some skill

- Vamana = Strong baby, one of the exceptions

- Vulcan = Has no escape, avoid his ult and meatballs, you can aegis or jump out his ult

- Xbl = Avoid darts stop before his ult or beads it

- Ymir = Don't allow him to freeze you pretty simple

- Zeus = Lol, that's why you don't underestimate him and let him build 3 stacks on you

- Zhong = You didn't see his big close range *** coming?????

I have to say I disagree here. As much as I love Smite, some gods just don;t seem to be balanced at all. Like, whoever came up with New Wa may or may not have been drinking a bit too much vodka.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 16, 2014 11:02am | Report
To actually make a comment, I personally prefer smite over the other top down mobas because it feels more interactive, fun and it feels a lot more like you're in control. Also the lack of lock on means that it truly feels satisfying to make big plays and get fed.

One more thing; I ****ING ADORE SMITE'S ANIMATIONS. If you get fed, Smite becomes serious eye candy, at least in my opinion.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }