Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 3 PTS Patch Notes | January 21st, 2016

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 3 PTS Patch Notes | January 21st, 2016 68 posts - page 7 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 31, 2016 7:24am | Report

Different Playstyles, mostly

How so?

What's different about European play?

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » January 31, 2016 7:28am | Report
I think European Smite players tend to play more aggressively compared to American (N&S) or Asian players.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 31, 2016 7:34am | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

I think European Smite players tend to play more aggressively compared to American (N&S) or Asian players.

Actually they're more calculated and less heat of the moment like NA. So Ares kinda breaks that atmosphere by bringing a ton of early game aggresion
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 31, 2016 10:04am | Report
quote Zelvios

Gonna have some fun dissecting this. Numbers I skip are thing I don't really have comments on or care about. gonna try and take S3 into my eyes with this and all other comments.

4. The lock on can screw things up but yeah dashes should break it too imo (jumps so)

5. did this guy get buffed? in my absence. yes the combo is annoying but I don't remember it being so strong like other mages spell rotations

8.Clone takes SWK HP and is weaker why nerf it. heal is like ~25-40% hp it's not that much

9. Ymir is in kinda a bad spot as he is really slow and gets hit hard by the blink nerf. his wall is pretty worthless in lane (godlike in jugnle) however you suggest this change but you missed mentioning Thor's fissure anywhere (which is IMO 10x as strong as the ymir wall)
His stun is like his wall what makes ymir Ymir. nerfing his stun is going to bring him a lot of trouble as it's his most reliable CC. and compared to a lot of other guardians his only good CC (especially if we are talking about most new guardians most of them have 2 hard CC skills and it's not even in their ult most of the time)

11. This will just bring Hades into D Tier. he can do a lot of damage but uhm since when does his ult CRIPPLE again? I can't remember that change

12. could be a fun change but makes Ares role as guardian even worse. the cripple is apart from his ult the only good CC he got. they can however nerf chain damage but ares is getting hit hard atm

14. Kinda makes bouncing it off the wall less worth it though

15. Removes his Niché a bit as the biggest Glass canon in the game. and upping his stats won't help him survive. They should either rework him (which will end up in a generic Smite mage with a waveclear-escape-hard cc-ult) or leave him like he is.

16. Nerfing his passive again *sigh* last time the passive got nerfed most people didn't even see why. Nerfing it either further will probably end in Hun Batz going to a more Loki/ Thor et. build. because building crit on HB is jsut aweful.
I can see why you want the time duration nerf however it will probably hurt him a lot as IMO the ult is in a nice spot and normally you won't be in it for the full duration (unless he stuck you into a wall)

19. would probably remove his Niche. Odin is a bit like thanathos early game he is godlike however late game he falls down hard (harder then thana). He would be great in early game comps

20. Prism Whirlpool no damage? I remember myself a assault game as Anhur were this spell would have done 30-50% of my or agni/other squishies HP. With only boots and pendant. When he got GoI it would guarantee the 50%.

However kinda removing something from it like the cripple or pull would ruin the spell a bit.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » February 1, 2016 8:46am | Report
To ThePerfectPrism and CakeSlapping
CakeSlapping wrote:
I really don't think hades ult needs any changing. If 1 second beads doesn't escape then buy better beads, and it's not a problem.

That's the problem. Zelvios is reffering to the S3 changes, and beads got nerfed to a 1 sec immunity (all rank, since they relics now all rank 3 actives).

This means you need a better timing for Ares ult.
Hades ult will pull you back once again, if you used beads when you were too close from Hades.
As for Xing Tian and Hun Batz ult, I'm not sure if 1 sec immunity if long enough to avoid it completely.

It also removes the 3 sec CDR, which was also useful.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » February 1, 2016 10:11am | Report
Oh ****, my bad, I thought they were only nerfing the cooldown on beads.

Yeah I can see that being a problem against a few people

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 1, 2016 12:27pm | Report
Hey guys, per Phase 1 changes (first adjustment to original PTS), they changed the purification CC immunity duration to 2 seconds.

PTS Phase 1 Changes
Items
Relics
Purification
Increased the CC immunity duration after activation from 1s → 2s.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 1, 2016 1:26pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

11. This will just bring Hades into D Tier. he can do a lot of damage but uhm since when does his ult CRIPPLE again? I can't remember that change.

@Bullfrog

Ares ult timing isn't hard it something you can hear and can easily adjust.

hun batz ult last 1 sec at rank 1 scaling to 2s max.

as said in my quote and just look at how many people have an escape only several (and in most cases low used) gods don't have an escape. if you used it doesn't matter if Hades ult you. You just made the mistake of getting yourself caught by dashing to keep up to that dusa you were chasing. every other god that has a bit of hard CC can be your death (sounds like any god in the game)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }