Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 3 PTS Patch Notes | January 21st, 2016

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 3 PTS Patch Notes | January 21st, 2016 68 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 22, 2016 9:28am | Report
MY EYES!!!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » January 22, 2016 10:33am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

MY EYES!!!

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 25, 2016 3:52am | Report
How're you guys feeling about the S3 changes so far? PTS has been up for a couple of days now and I got to play some games.

The joust map is wonderful. It does everything that S1 + S2 joust map didn't do. I'm mainly talking for 1v1's but the same is generally applicable to 3v3's. 3v3 ranked might be a bit weird, though. Anyway's, it focuses the game more around early -> mid game gods due to the position of red buff and less jungle. Of course, some gods will always be good: Kali, Mercury, Chronos, etc. You actually have nowhere to go. The FG objective is good too, but I don't know if the actual "buff" is a good idea. Deactivation of towers/phoenixes is great but the actual fg buff might be too much. Idk for sure, I've only played a handful of games against some randoms. Overall 10/10 on joust, just some numbers changes on respawn timers and fg health.

Conquest... Eh... I don't know I'm not a big fan of the speed buff change. There's actually a whole lot of jungle to be farming now and one jungler just won't have speed for the early game which is crucial to early game farming and rotations. Anyone happen to know if the pigs give the same/less/more xp/gold than the small harpies? There's a lot to see on this, I can't make any for sure opinions on the adjusted con map.

Relics are interesting. I personally like them other than the fact that beads nerf affects viability of too many gods. Ares, XT, Fen, etc will just be too strong. People are suggesting tiers of relics available at certain levels so that your relic can progress with the later the game goes. Only downside to this is that someone who gets really far ahead will have a slight advantage w/ a better relic.

Like the conquest map, I don't know what to expect out of items. I really like some of the new physical power items and the new crit anti-healing item. Protections seperated from health is idrk... I have no idea how itemization and the new meta will be.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » January 25, 2016 5:17am | Report
Joust is awesome!!! It's a beautiful map with some amazing decal, also the titan, camp creeps, tower + phoenixes, and the Bull Demon King look sick as hell.

Also monkey minions, MONKEY MINIONS!!! Where can you go wrong on a game mode with monkey minions?

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 25, 2016 5:40am | Report
@greenevers, or anybody who knows, do the fire elementals not spawn at the same time as all the buff camps at match start? I was expecting they would, and they'd be contested at the start in the way that mid camps are contested at the start, in S2?

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 25, 2016 6:01am | Report
Damn, I just noticed heart seeker now gives 15% movement speed!

I can almost see junglers with no boots becoming a thing, as they can pick up heart seeker and masamune/stone cutter sword, and have +7% more movement speed than boots, with 2 great passives.
I guess this depends on how much the removal of the traditional speed buff affects junglers...

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » January 25, 2016 6:47am | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

Joust is awesome!!! It's a beautiful map with some amazing decal, also the titan, camp creeps, tower + phoenixes, and the Bull Demon King look sick as hell.

Also monkey minions, MONKEY MINIONS!!! Where can you go wrong on a game mode with monkey minions?

That alone actually gets me pretty hyped. This will be good news to my joust happy buddy.
Sad part is offing the minions now :(

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 25, 2016 9:01am | Report
CakeSlapping wrote:

@greenevers, or anybody who knows, do the fire elementals not spawn at the same time as all the buff camps at match start? I was expecting they would, and they'd be contested at the start in the way that mid camps are contested at the start, in S2?

Yeah, they spawn 45 seconds in if I'm not mistaken. Somewhere around there, but not at the same time as buffs and mid camps. Even if they were spawned in at 0:10, I doubt people would fight there first thing because it gives barely any xp/gold compared to a buff camp.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 25, 2016 10:29am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Yeah, they spawn 45 seconds in if I'm not mistaken. Somewhere around there, but not at the same time as buffs and mid camps. Even if they were spawned in at 0:10, I doubt people would fight there first thing because it gives barely any xp/gold compared to a buff camp.

My line of thinking was that people would want to fight to get it at the start so that their jungler has a distinct speed advantage over the enemy jungler, if it did spawn at the start.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 25, 2016 2:23pm | Report
I can see no boots builds for some assassins definitely.

Artemis is so good now because of Soul Eater and the new crit item, now she can effectively do trip crit (without Rage of course)

I feel like the separation of health and protections wasnt too bad, if anything now its more based on counter-picking for warriors, and guardians as well (they still need sov and heartward ffs).

Guardians were not hit too bad cause now beads (now called purification) has such a long cooldown that they can cc all day without too many worries.

I feel like to see what is actually good or not, we need to let the rest of the community try these changes out. Now is the time to fix any glitches and bugs and number-crunch (that joust buff needs a nerf)

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }