Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 3 PTS Patch Notes | January 21st, 2016

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 3 PTS Patch Notes | January 21st, 2016 68 posts - page 6 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » January 30, 2016 3:11pm | Report
Zelvios wrote:

Gods I'm hoping that'll get a buff

Kuku, Ratatoskr, Artemis, Guan Yu (small), Ah Muzen Cab (Higher movement speed), Sylvanus, Bacchus, Ne Zha, Chang'e, etc

Gods I'm hoping that'll be fixed

Ratatoskr, Thanatos, Xing Tian, Nu Wa, Ares, Janus, & Fenrir (If y'all ask what's wrong with them feel free to ask & I'll tell ya the glitch)

Gods I'm hoping that'll be nerfed (Possibly buffed in certain areas as well. When I say "nerfed" I don't mean the god is overpowered)

1). Xing Tian (His 1st ability bleed & 4th ability/ult)
2). Mercury (In S2 you could hit 2k crits with him if you built right; just a little more)
3). Serqet (Her autos, ult, dot, & how long she can stay invisible)
4). Fenrir (His ground target ability does way too much damage, goes through dashes, & it's lock on)
5). Janus (Longer ult cooldown & damage nerf on Unstable Vortex)
6). Chiron (His Masterful Shots cooldown to 16-18s & slow 15% instead of 25%)
7). Nox (Remove the cripple on her 1 + hastened fatalis effect & nerf early game damage)
8). Sun Wukong (Make his ult heal him less during his ult & nerf his clones health a bit)
9). Ymir (Make it so his wall can be destroyed like Cabrakan's ult & less freeze duration cc)
10). Athena (Make her taunt a tad less effective)
11). Hades (Make him receive x2 more damage while he's ulting)
12). Ares (Make Ares chains a disarm instead of a cripple)
13). Sol (Instead of Sol's passive being 25% nerf it to 10-15%)
14). Hou Yi (Nerf Hou Yi's 2nd-3rd richo damage & increase the damage of his 1st shot)
15). Anubis (Give this god more health/defense & nerf his 3rd abilities slow & ults damage)
16). Hun Batz (Nerf the time duration of Hun Batz's ult & nerf his passive)
17). Awilix (Nerf the atk speed buff & damage (not damage buff) from her ult & get rid of the root or cripple from her 2nd ability)

18). Osiris (Nerf his 1st ability cooldown 5s to 8s & his 3rd ability 18s to 15s)
19). Odin (Decrease the damage he does early game & majorly buff his late game status)
20). Poseidon (Make his whirlpool less effective)

---

Gods in need of a remodel - Arachne, Vamana, Poseidon, Ratatoskr, etc (Ratatoskr's animations are so poorly done. He's just a floating squirrel)

I really dont agree with a lot of these nerfs outside of Athena taunt and I main the chick.
One thing is [[Ares] becomes totally useless if youre allowed to just walk out of it for landing a SKILL SHOT. Yes it does a lot of damage but come on now. Hes already having a hard time with the ult alone.
And that Hades request. Just get rid of his ult as it is if thats the case. 2x the damage. Come on son. Hes dead on activation if theres any assassin around.. Not to say Mercury
You must not like these Gods huh? And even if you get rid of the cripple on Awilix 2 shes still gonna land in front of you most the time lol. If anyone has the reflexes to jet out of her two on activation,, then holla at me

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » January 30, 2016 3:23pm | Report
iReauxbot wrote:

I really dont agree with a lot of these nerfs outside of Athena taunt and I main the chick.
One thing is [[Ares] becomes totally useless if youre allowed to just walk out of it for landing a SKILL SHOT. Yes it does a lot of damage but come on now. Hes already having a hard time with the ult alone.
And that Hades request. Just get rid of his ult as it is if thats the case. 2x the damage. Come on son. Hes dead on activation if theres any assassin around.. Not to say Mercury
You must not like these Gods huh? And even if you get rid of the cripple on Awilix 2 shes still gonna land in front of you most the time lol. If anyone has the reflexes to jet out of her two on activation,, then holla at me

They're all small nerfs for the post part. (Although; every small fix counts)

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 30, 2016 3:27pm | Report
I can understand the thinking behind some of these but I can't say I agree with most of them. Regardless, you might want to use a spoiler next time just to avoid having such a huge text scrawl lol.

eg:
your text in a spoiler

You can quote that to see what I did in terms of bbcode :P
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » January 30, 2016 3:33pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

I can understand the thinking behind some of these but I can't say I agree with most of them. Regardless, you might want to use a spoiler next time just to avoid having such a huge text scrawl lol.

eg:
your text in a spoiler

You can quote that to see what I did in terms of bbcode :P

Dang, rip my word walls :P

I'll use that for now on. Thanks!

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 30, 2016 6:53pm | Report
Xing Tian bleed isnt much and his 4th ability is already nerfed to **** (like 3 patches just for his ult its ridiculous.)

Mercury is already being nerfed in s3

Serqet is squishy so it makes sense she has that, and that invisibility is broken by a certain distance. Maybe extend the distance she can be seen.

Fenrir three is a strange one, but it shouldnt be so lock on I agree.

Janus had a passive nerf for s3, and cdr items are being reduced so no need to nerf an already long ult.

Chiron agreed.

Nox is NOT good early game, her clear is not the best compared to other mages. And her 1 cripple isnt a bad thing, its very easy to miss. Same with the fatalis effect, its easy to miss.

Sun Wukong ult doesnt heal him as much, and the clone is so easy to kill cause of hard cc. He normally uses it to escape so he doesnt damage you just runs away.

Ymir is SO slow, and with the nerf to blink in s3 he will need anything he can get. Agreed on nerf to the stun, but not too much.

Athena obvious nerf, but hi rez doesnt think so.

Hades is already a sitting duck in his ult, dont make it worse. That will just make his ult too risky to use

Ares chains have a cripple for a reason, since it is so hard to hit. Giving it a disarm will just make him useless and completely unviable.

Sol passive i would say no, although its tempting for me to say yes. Her 2 was the main issue and that is getting nerfed so it has no in-hand effects. Now she is more aa based. If she is still really good after the nerf than your suggestion would work well.

Hou Yi ricochet is a VERY hard shot to hit, you need perfect timing and luck to hit it, unless they are standing completely still. So it makes sense in that regard.

Anubis is all damage, a pubstomper. Decreasing his damage will just make him worse, all he has is damage cause he has no escape.

Hun Batz i cant say much, but dont decrease the duration too much. The passive is a one time thing.

Awilix cc for 2 doesnt last long at all, its only 0.6 seconds, and thats if she gets close to you. And decreasing the damage of her ult? Ive never seen it do too much, most of her damage is in her flip, the ult just makes it easy for her.

Osiris is all slows so nerfing a skillshot can be alot to him. The 3 cooldown I like a bit.

Odin uhhhhhhh..? He falls off late game so he has a good early game. Also the jump is easy to dodge. In no way thatll work with his current kit, so I dont think it will happen anytime soon.

Poseidon Whirlpool maybe, but it doesnt do alot of damage anyway.

My two cents.
Just an opinion, not anything set in stone or against you.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RunicCross » January 31, 2016 12:47am | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

Xing Tian bleed isnt much and his 4th ability is already nerfed to **** (like 3 patches just for his ult its ridiculous.)

Serqet is squishy so it makes sense she has that, and that invisibility is broken by a certain distance. Maybe extend the distance she can be seen.

Janus had a passive nerf for s3, and cdr items are being reduced so no need to nerf an already long ult.

Chiron agreed.

Nox is NOT good early game, her clear is not the best compared to other mages. And her 1 cripple isnt a bad thing, its very easy to miss. Same with the fatalis effect, its easy to miss.

Sun Wukong ult doesnt heal him as much, and the clone is so easy to kill cause of hard cc. He normally uses it to escape so he doesnt damage you just runs away.

Ymir is SO slow, and with the nerf to blink in s3 he will need anything he can get. Agreed on nerf to the stun, but not too much.

Hades is already a sitting duck in his ult, dont make it worse. That will just make his ult too risky to use

Ares chains have a cripple for a reason, since it is so hard to hit. Giving it a disarm will just make him useless and completely unviable.

Sol passive i would say no, although its tempting for me to say yes. Her 2 was the main issue and that is getting nerfed so it has no in-hand effects. Now she is more aa based. If she is still really good after the nerf than your suggestion would work well.

Hou Yi ricochet is a VERY hard shot to hit, you need perfect timing and luck to hit it, unless they are standing completely still. So it makes sense in that regard.

Anubis is all damage, a pubstomper. Decreasing his damage will just make him worse, all he has is damage cause he has no escape.

Hun Batz i cant say much, but dont decrease the duration too much. The passive is a one time thing.

Awilix cc for 2 doesnt last long at all, its only 0.6 seconds, and thats if she gets close to you. And decreasing the damage of her ult? Ive never seen it do too much, most of her damage is in her flip, the ult just makes it easy for her.

Osiris is all slows so nerfing a skillshot can be alot to him. The 3 cooldown I like a bit.

Odin uhhhhhhh..? He falls off late game so he has a good early game. Also the jump is easy to dodge. In no way thatll work with his current kit, so I dont think it will happen anytime soon.

My two cents.

Dude I agree completely.
Strategist and Armorer of DimensionXIII

RunicCross

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » January 31, 2016 4:12am | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

Chiron agreed.

My two cents.

If Nox gets you early game with her 1+2 combo you're dead (Level 3-7)
Odin 1 shots early game although falls back late game
If Osiris builds cooldown he'll be doing his 1 every second
Sol's 2 already got nerfed & it's actually her 25% passive that's her main damage
That's why I said make Hou Yi's richo do more damage 1st hit & a tad less the other 2 times
If you're caught in Hades ult 1-second beads won't save ya.
Giving Area a disarm & possibly a movement speed buff will make him viable duo lane/against adcs (Possibly a different change?)

I can't tell you how many times I've dominated with Ymir with just blinking in for rotations.

--

Now let's talk about Mercury. In Season 2 he's already hitting 2k crits.. Even with the nerfs I'm hoping he'll only be able to hit 1.2 crits instead of insane damage.

Everything else you said I have to say I was on neutral terms on/or agreed with. The thing I'm most excited for in Season 3 is the new Joust map. That map is hot as hell. Would play daily 10/10 IGN

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 31, 2016 5:45am | Report
Zelvios wrote:

Sol's 2 already got nerfed & it's actually her 25% passive that's her main damage
That's why I said make Hou Yi's richo do more damage 1st hit & a tad less the other 2 times
Giving Area a disarm & possibly a movement speed buff will make him viable duo lane/against adcs (Possibly a different change?)

I can't tell you how many times I've dominated with Ymir with just blinking in for rotations.

--

Now let's talk about Mercury. In Season 2 he's already hitting 2k crits.. Even with the nerfs I'm hoping he'll only be able to hit 1.2 crits instead of insane damage.

Everything else you said I have to say I was on neutral terms on/or agreed with. The thing I'm most excited for in Season 3 is the new Joust map. That map is hot as hell. Would play daily 10/10 IGN

1 - > What makes Ares decent in duo lane is the cripple + dmg from chains. ADCs can't use dashes like Rising Jaguar, The Moves, Back Flip, etc. and they're taking damage both from Ares and the ADC, and that aggresion early game most of the times results in a kill. Hence why Ares is so viable in Europe.

2 - > Nox's kit is not that powerful. Also if she's actually hitting her combo then either you're overextending and being dumb or you gave away lane pressure to her.

3 - > Odin IS a early game god, you can't change that. Hi-Rez wants him that way, or else he was already nerfed/buffed.

4 - > You're literaly killing Osiris' early game, the only reason ppl even play him againts gods like Bellona, Xing Tian, Hades, etc.

5 - > Sol will probably receive that nerf cuz she'll get free basic attacks from her 2 again.

6 - > So you're giving a god that is hard to master a free "Get kills anytime you want" gift ? No thanks.

7 - > If you're caught in Hades ult you probably should try to kill him, since he'll receive minion damage ( considering early game since you said 1 second beads ) and with any good solo laner damage, he'll either have to stop the channeling or die to kill you.

8 - > Ymir is supossed to save he's team, but he's ult is a big gamble, hence why ppl choose Athena or Xing Tian, Geb, Khepri, Sobek and Sylvanus in he's place.

Those are my two cents.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 31, 2016 6:11am | Report
Zelvios wrote:

I play Nox and this is not true. It's not until late-mid to late game that her combo is a certified killer. Unless you have teammates around ready to attack as well, but then anyone is much more likely to die from any cc when being attacked by more than one God.

Osiris' sickle is a 5 second cooldown, so full reduction will put it around 3 seconds rather than 1 second.

I find sol's passive is only a problem to me with the speed it lets her take towers. I would suggest just dropping the damage it does to towers but keeping the extra damage to gods the same (but with her season 3 nerfs to her 2 she loses A fair bit of combat viability, which will make it harder for her to dominate lane to get to the towers, so idk if her passive will be so annoying now. I'll have to wait n see how she plays out once season 3 is live)

Agree with hoy yi's ricochet needing more damage. It seems so underwhelming atm

, I really don't think hades ult needs any changing. If 1 second beads doesn't escape then buy better beads, and it's not a problem. It's good but I don't feel it's overpowered. Not sure how everyone else feels though.

I get the idea behind the disarm, but I don't think it would synergies well with the rest of his kit. I think we need a guardian with a disarm in the game though, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Hence why Ares is so viable in Europe
in Europe!? Why's he not viable in the rest of the world?

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 31, 2016 7:16am | Report
CakeSlapping wrote:

in Europe!? Why's he not viable in the rest of the world?

Different Playstyles, mostly
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }