Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scylla Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Scylla Help 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TidalKing » August 4, 2015 8:32pm | Report
Hello!

If anyone is reading this I was hoping to get help with Scylla.

I know the basic combos and what each ability does, I was hoping for some tips/tricks.

I have been using this build and it's been working out very well

Vamp shroud/tiny trinket/health pot/mana pot

Shoes of the magi/rod of tahuti/ book of Thoth/ obsidian shard/ spear of the magus/ polyphage

Tell me if there is anything I can improve on for this build or any suggestions

VVGB VVGL VVGH

TidalKing

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 5, 2015 12:21am | Report
Rod of Tahuti is a late game item, only get it 5th or 6th. You probably don't need two penetration items, especially with Crush at max rank reducing enemy protections, choose one of the two: Spear of the Magus and Obsidian Shard. A good replacement for one of those items would be Chronos' Pendant since it allows you to use your abilities far more often.

A good starter build would look like:
Shoes of the Magi -> Book of Thoth -> Chronos' Pendant -> Polynomicon or Bancroft's Talon -> Obsidian Shard or Spear of the Magus -> Rod of Tahuti.
(you can also build Book of Thoth first if you're feeling frisky)

My personal preference is Polynomicon and Obsidian Shard, but that's more personal choice. You can also replace your lifesteal item for either Soul Reaver for its passive or magi's blessing if the enemy team is nailing you with lots of hard CC.

One trick you can use is that at level 8 if you don't level up your Sic 'Em and instead leave the point until the next level, you can then level up Crush and your ultimate at the same time at level 9. This allows you to get level 5 Crush earlier in the game, maxing your damage output from your passive Quick Learner.

As for gameplay tips, Scylla is pretty basic. Avoid being aggressive early game and ward as much as possible. One tip is that at rank 5, your crush will slow enemies for an additional 1s allowing you to more easily hit your Sic 'Em and land your ultimate. Aside from that, just avoid using your Sentinel to engage since it's your only escape and always buy Greater Purification so that you have a guaranteed way to get out of battle.

Hope this helps!
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 5, 2015 2:53pm | Report
As zilby said you are building tahuti way to early. the mp increase that it gives isn't very cost efficient early in the game. also for most mages 1 pen item is enough.
I myself prefer Obsidian Shard over magus as the 33% helps better with the damage from your first abilities and you have the pen instant instead of needing to build it up.

I would recommend you to use the build zilby mentioned. but if you want a less glass canon build you can also decide to use warlock's stash instead of Book of Thoth and instead of Chronos' Pendant you can also get an Breastplate of Valor for the CDR. Still building damage is normally a lot better.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 11, 2015 10:41am | Report
Be a monster ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 11, 2015 4:46pm | Report

Be a monster ;)

Best mentor ever.
10/10 would ask again.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 12, 2015 7:21am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Best mentor ever.
10/10 would ask again.

My pleasure. +Rep plez
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 12, 2015 3:08pm | Report

My pleasure. +Rep plez

I've actually already given all the rep I can a year ago :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }