Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What I miss most.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What I miss most. 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » March 9, 2017 6:50am | Report
Evening folks!

I guess it's one of those things that I've asked a lot of people but I might as well ask a massive community about it. It's simple really: What do you miss most from Smite?

Whether it's a old god kit or a specific item maybe to something so simple like seeing Mercury or Ra in pure gold. Then post it here and share ya thoughts.

For me the list is rather simple:
1. Odin's really old passive where he had more vision in fog of war.
2. The Fog of War (Like come on...Surely we could add that back guys.)
3. The side jungles on Duo and Solo lane (Added a bit more mystery.)
4. Loki's old Slitherrr skin (The bright green looked great until the re-worked it.)
5. Attack speed buff.
6. Golden Bow (Only on mercury though, Hunters can go do one.)

Anything you guys wanna add? Or have particular thoughts of your own? Make sure to post them down below and maybe we can have a good ol' happy conversation about it.
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » March 9, 2017 7:21am | Report
I wouldn't really have much to say, I didn't start until the Xing Tian Patch.
But I do miss the attack speed camp.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » March 9, 2017 9:03am | Report
Old Joust. No frills, just good old 3v3 laning with side jungles attached, and that's it.

And the 3D landing screens when you enter the game. Those were always a treat.

Edit: Oh, and the old Heavenly Wings also speeding up pets. Had a great time with Bastet and the "Cats on Steroid"

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Papa Murmz » March 9, 2017 9:08am | Report
Hastened Fatalis effect on Erlang Shen's Spot Weakness. (I started in S3)
THORNS ALWAYS WINS

Papa Murmz

Established (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by masterricu » March 9, 2017 11:47am | Report
The lassiz era of smite. Back when the map was larger and the jungle didnt feel like a garden. Back when there was less focus on esports, meaning everybody played the game for fun instead of trying to be tryhard adapting every casual game. Back when there were fewer gods in the game, meaning less ******** you had to worry about and counter play. Just pick up the game and have fun. This past season gave us golden bow, relics, rework rat, release susano, release fafnir, erlang shen, release raijin, jing wei meta, paywall chests, ****ty voicepacks with cringe lines.

Theres just overall less passion in smite since most of the developers are working on paladins, rivals, tactics, insert other bullchit nobody plays here. I can understand why lassiz, wolfy, korea10, and many others left smite. Im losing passion for it myself.

masterricu

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CirclesAreRound » March 9, 2017 11:59am | Report
I miss when I was new to the game and didn't know what to do. I had the most fun running around dying and not caring at all. Now in the higher lvl of gameplay you get all these salty teammates and you're always expected to keep up with some dumb meta that changes every week, but that's how mobas are(or all video games in general).
KAWWWWWWW!!! BIRD GANG!

CirclesAreRound

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 9, 2017 2:30pm | Report
Like ricu, I think I can also reminisce a bit about earlier SMITE. I can't speak on the higher levels of competition back then, but I've always had fun with this game, no matter the season.

The thing that is nice about the past is the simplicity, overall. I understand the need for Hi-Rez to make money, thus seeing them continuing to make new gods, new skins, etc. As a player, if I'm being rational, I need to understand that, because the game is largely fully playable without spending anything.

But in many ways, my favorite gods are mostly the older ones. I'm hardly ever excited to try the new gods, and it takes some time for me to venture into playing them myself. I also don't have any attachment or see much specific use out of many of the newer items. Stone of Fal? Emperor's Armor? Masamune? *yawn*

I sort of miss the old Chronos' Pendant. I miss the old Witchblade. I miss the old Hastened Fatalis when everyone didn't consider it stupidly OP (even though it honestly isn't all that different, for god's sake...-10% attack speed, +10 flat pen, not much of anything late game). I miss my preferred gods being average/lower tier, so that people didn't complain about their use, and I could just play them because I like them.

I also miss playing more often with my friends...it's not often that we can get a 5 man anymore...Zilb, GGF, Taco, Jaberg/TopDogs, Ducks, Bullfrog, Prism...the old crew (for me).

But in the end...I'm okay with where the game is right now. It's a game, I'm open enough that I can have fun no matter what. It's cool that changes in the game mean you need to adapt some. I'm not complaining.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Time2medicate » March 9, 2017 4:11pm | Report
Bran whens your next blog going to be ?

Time2medicate

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » March 9, 2017 7:06pm | Report
Release Nox is what I miss most, I thought her kit was super fun, everyone thought she was underpowered but I always wrecked with her. It was because of her that I made my first guide. New nox is just.... blegh
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » March 9, 2017 7:28pm | Report
Odin's old passive didn't fit him too much, I would like it if they used an improved version of it on someone like Heimdall as he's know for having great foreknowledge, sight, and hearing.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }