Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 4.19 - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 4.19 - Bran's Thoughts 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 4, 2017 2:10pm | Report
Official patch notes are here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/new-in-smite-departure-to-the-afterlife-4-19-patch-notes

Tina Announcer Pack: LOL. More funny that she's basically embarrassed listening to herself...pretty freaking funny with the bleeps all over the place. I sorta want this, but I'll remain loyal to Hinduman for now =)

Skins:
  • Mummified Izanami: It's pretty good, but the muted colors sort of turn me off. The dust effect is nice though. Voice pack is weird...Japanese god but...I don't even know the accent. I understand mummy so Egyptian or whatever, but still...weird.

Mummified Izanami

• Yurei Susano: The card is awesome. The skin and that sword is freaking great. Effects are good. Voice pack doesn't fit Japanese, but is okay otherwise.

Yurei Susano

• Warchief Raijin: Warcrafty/LOTRy orc guy. Fire effects look really beautiful.

Warchief Raijin

• Grim Reaper Thanatos: a true Grim Reaper. Pure black raven wings etc. overall. Beautiful scythe. Love the light/silvery hit effects. ULT IS FREAKING AWESOME. OMG...this is nice. Voice pack fits well.

Grim Reaper Thanatos

• Trick or Treat Cupid: OMG...this one is so awesome. My god, I need gems people, I NEED GEMS.

Trick or Treat Cupid

Item changes:
  • Hide of the Urchin (nerf): 5 less base protections, 100 more gold to a total of 2,450 gold. Guess this is okay. Not really sure what to think, or how much less it'll be picked up. I know it has some nice health and mana, but I think this will just make Spirit Robe more appealing.

• The Crusher (buff): increase attack speed from 15 to 20%. Very nice. I like this already for specific gods, now it's better.

• Soul Reaver (buff): price buff, from 2,950 gold to 2,750. Very similar to last patch's Chronos' price change. I still don't prefer it in most cases, and the price reduction won't make me pick it up more often.

God changes:
  • Ao Kuang (shift / nerf): Dragon Call ranged damage (minor 5 damage increase per dragon per each level). Wild Storm no longer triggers basic attack items/effects, but damage increased by 10 per level. It's technically a nerf that Storm no longer triggers effects (e.g. Polynomicon) which hurts him, but it can just be triggered a bit later via Dragon Call in some cases... I think this is fine.

• Awilix (shift): Feather Step base damage significantly decreased at early levels (same at level 5), Moonlight Charge increased power scaling from 60 to 70%. Shifts her power to take down early game strength a bit, and increase a bit late. This is a great change idea, I think, for an Assassin who needs a bit extra oomph once teammates are sticking together, making it harder for that class to deal damage while looking to minimize damage/not die. However, maybe the damage decrease was just a bit too much? I dunno.

• Cu Chulainn (nerf / shift): Berserk (passive) shift...weaker early but same late. Barbed Spear, Salmon's Leap, and Spear of Mortal Pain reduced rage gain for non-gods hit, and increased for gods hit. ...changes focus to be more effective in teamfights, while making it a bit less in the early game due to laning w/ minions, making him a bit weaker early. I think these are great changes overall. Expecting that he needs a bit more on the nerfs to his overall damage output, but minor if anything.

• Erlang Shen (nerfs): 72 Transformations ES mink base damage decrease (20 less at all ranks) and speed duration from 5 to 4 seconds. He's a higher-tier Solo god, so this isn't too bad...not an extremely hard nerf.

• Hachiman (buffs / shift): base speed increase, Eagle Eye ammo increased by level 3, and damage reduced on range just slightly at various ranks. Iaijutsu CD from 18->16 to a flat 16 seconds. Mounted Archery evened out damage progression. These are all slight adjustments, and seem very reasonable.

• Izanami (buffs): Fade Away reduced cast time, Dark Portal warm-up and post-fire time decreased. These are nice quality of life adjustments.

• Raijin (buffs / shift): Percussive Storm adjustment...projectile radius increased from 4.5 to 6, and damage decreased by 5 each rank. Raiju projectile speed increased. Thunder Crash will allow a bit of movement during the warm-up of the cast. Taiko Drums basically a fix. These are mostly quality of life improvements as well, so shouldn't incredibly change his position overall.

Overall, a very successful patch, nothing crazy or stupid, at least in my eyes. WHY ARE THEY STILL IGNORING SOUL EATER?!?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » October 4, 2017 2:34pm | Report
I am so hyped for the Iza changes and the Iza skin. She really need that cause the dash and her Ult did feel a bit clunky. Now if only they'd fix her slow.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 4, 2017 3:08pm | Report
That Wild Storm change is just uncalled for.

Now his third skill is just a vanilla damage ability in a small cone. Will dragons from Dragon Call trigger on Wild Storm, though?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » October 4, 2017 3:39pm | Report

I am so hyped for the Iza changes and the Iza skin. She really need that cause the dash and her Ult did feel a bit clunky. Now if only they'd fix her slow.

I feel the same way, but I'd rather have her creepy doll skin...

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 4, 2017 3:44pm | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

That Wild Storm change is just uncalled for.

Now his third skill is just a vanilla damage ability in a small cone. Will dragons from Dragon Call trigger on Wild Storm, though?

Yes, they will. That's part of HR's direct write-up of the change (sorry I didn't mention it).

Hmmm, yeah, I dunno...maybe they could increase the range slightly or something...it IS sort of a significant nerf...but I mean, that ability is a lot like He Bo's Water Cannon, right? (though Water does more damage on a shorter CD).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 4, 2017 4:13pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Yes, they will. That's part of HR's direct write-up of the change (sorry I didn't mention it).

Hmmm, yeah, I dunno...maybe they could increase the range slightly or something...it IS sort of a significant nerf...but I mean, that ability is a lot like He Bo's Water Cannon, right? (though Water does more damage on a shorter CD).

For me, the appeal to Wild Storm is that you can afford to build items that complement basic attacking without overtly sacrificing his burst potential (e.g Polynomicon or old Telkhines Ring).

Taking away that basic attack proc's going to get rid of what makes his skill 3 unique and the skill loses.... appeal, when compared to He Bo's Water Cannon, or Hun Batz's Overhand Smash.

Idk, really. As Ao Kuang, i'm a burst assassin first and a basic attacker second. Putting more emphasis on Dragon Call will need me to change builds and playstyle.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 4, 2017 4:17pm | Report
I can't argue with that. All I know is that I hated his burst potential with Poly, those damn dragons, and the ult. Bambambambamdead. FU Ao.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 4, 2017 4:22pm | Report
Well, being bursty is his whole existence, after all. Sure he has an execute, but that hatred on the invis-into-instagib playstyle can also be attributed ro other gods, like Loki or Serqet.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » October 4, 2017 7:47pm | Report
It's official: Soul Eater sucks. I just had a clash game where our Anhur took it and it couldn't keep him alive.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Authorize » October 4, 2017 10:44pm | Report
I NEED that Tina AP! It's so perfect.

Iza skin is disappointing to me, just feels really bland. Loving her buffs though. Loving the Raijin and Thana skins though, they are really good.

Loving the Cu change, well needed early nerf while retaining his late game, if not actually making his late game a lot better.

Authorize

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }