Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New mid hero.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New mid hero. 87 posts - page 4 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 10, 2014 3:08pm | Report
I'd argue that makes it harder to do. There's more counterplay in LoL, which is honestly the reason I'm still equally divided on both MOBAS. If Smite had better opportunity for outplay other than simple attempts at juking, I'd be fine. But you can't juke a Kraken while whirlpooled. It makes me sad.

Slower isn't easier to me, it means it requires more precision both in aiming and it dodging.

Eh, tomato tomahto (that phrase doesn't translate as well in writing). I don't think there's a necessarily right answer here. Both have merits :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 10, 2014 8:17pm | Report
Like I cannot argue you guys, all I know that my brother (who is Diamond LoL, think that is at least decent) says that Smite demands a LOT more focus than LoL. And that it is "harder" to like play without me telling him when to push etc etc (like basic game knowledge that he knows form LoL, but it is just not obvious like in LoL).

Like you ALWAYS know when to not push in LoL, but in Smite it is a lot more complicated.

Like I do not know how to explain it. Gonna try and let my bro explain it tomorrow x)

Maybe he is able to explain it form a LoL players point of view, like maybe you guys do not see the difference because you got a good understanding on both Smite and LoL :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 10, 2014 8:42pm | Report
So yeah, about that Vamana mid...pretty intense, right?
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 10, 2014 8:53pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

So yeah, about that Vamana mid...pretty intense, right?

Vamana mid sucks pretty bad. :P

Unless you are vs Ra.

He is a good counter to Ra, but he is almost always better in solo. Just because Ra (in most matches is more likely to be in solo) and other solo laners like Chronos, Loki, Chaac etc etc are decent matchups for Vamana.

Put Vamana up vs a decent Kukulkan (not sure how you spell that), Vulcan, Agni, Poseidon, Isis, Janus, Scylla and Nu Wa and he just gets **** on.

Up in your face mages like He Bo, Zeus, ZK can get shot on though. But he is still at a loss IMO against any mage except Ra. Would pick loki over Vamana every day :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 10, 2014 10:24pm | Report
Yeah, I know he sucks pretty hard in mid, but the derailment of this thread is just so hardcore, lol. It's like I got on a train in China to go to S. Korea, and somehow ended up in Mexico.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 10, 2014 10:33pm | Report
haha!

I forgot that the post actually was about Than mid :p

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2014 10:36pm | Report

Like you ALWAYS know when to not push in LoL, but in Smite it is a lot more complicated.

In Smite, across all levels of play, you always always always push the wave. There's less reward for last hitting compared to League, and that is a FACT. The core of the mid and solo and pretty much every lane is about waveclear - otherwise, Vamana mid with his harass would be top tier. Waveclear and pushing power completely dominate lane play - before anything else, you clear the wave as quickly as possible.

With every god, with every lane, you want to push. The ONLY exception is when the enemy jungler is literally fifteen feet away from you. Other than that, each lane is a push war.

Seriously, how on earth does your brother think that? Pushing is way more complicated than in Smite. Pushing actually has a downside, for starters, while mages in Smite can just spam abilities from tower range. Let me put it this way.

In League, pushing is both good and bad. Has ups and downs.

In Smite, pushing is ALWAYS good. If there was an ADC who pushed waves like a mage, everyone would scream OP.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 10, 2014 10:53pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

In Smite, across all levels of play, you always always always push the wave. There's less reward for last hitting compared to League, and that is a FACT. The core of the mid and solo and pretty much every lane is about waveclear - otherwise, Vamana mid with his harass would be top tier. Waveclear and pushing power completely dominate lane play - before anything else, you clear the wave as quickly as possible.

With every god, with every lane, you want to push. The ONLY exception is when the enemy jungler is literally fifteen feet away from you. Other than that, each lane is a push war.

Seriously, how on earth does your brother think that? Pushing is way more complicated than in Smite. Pushing actually has a downside, for starters, while mages in Smite can just spam abilities from tower range. Let me put it this way.

In League, pushing is both good and bad. Has ups and downs.

In Smite, pushing is ALWAYS good. If there was an ADC who pushed waves like a mage, everyone would scream OP.

In Smite, across all levels of play, you always always always push the wave.

You for real dude? :P
Yes there is less reward for last hitting, but that does not mean that you should not take all the lead you can get. EVERY ****ing exp you can steal (if you only want to steal gold you can push it into tower) away from the enemy solo/mid/adc is a goldmine!

The fact that last hitting is less effective in Smite just makes "freezing" the lane that more effective. Because you can force the enemy from getting the passive gold while you get the passive gold and the enemy wave (unless you pushed to some extent) will push down to your tower giving you 100% safe exp (gold if you decide to last hit). And in Smite compared to LoL lvls are so much more worth than farm.

Just try it, is effective as **** (especially as ADC) if you are against someone who is playing passively or staying in lane with way to low health (especially good when playing mid). Just force him out of the range for passive exp and gold and you win. Ofc you have to be careful about ganks. But if you think the only way to win a lane is to push into the enemy tower you have not tried to freeze the lane (or you haven't been able to pull it of).

But I kind of meant pushing in the way of being "out of position" btw :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2014 11:51pm | Report
Firstly, I have done it the last time you told me to. Doesn't work, because the other guy just hard pushes the wave with no consequence, or they just push from range and never leave their half of the map.

You keep insisting that freezing the lane works. Well, I've been playing since closed beta, watched several hundred Smite videos of Squiidish and Drybear and such, played over roughly 50 ranked games as mid and solo this season, and not ONCE, not ONCE, has anyone else tried to anything BUT hard shoving the lane.

The fact that last hitting is less effective in Smite just makes "freezing" the lane that more effective. Because you can force the enemy from getting the passive gold while you get the passive gold and the enemy wave (unless you pushed to some extent) will push down to your tower giving you 100% safe exp (gold if you decide to last hit). And in Smite compared to LoL lvls are so much more worth than farm.

Just try it, is effective as **** (especially as ADC) if you are against someone who is playing passively or staying in lane with way to low health (especially good when playing mid). Just force him out of the range for passive exp and gold and you win. Ofc you have to be careful about ganks. But if you think the only way to win a lane is to push into the enemy tower you have not tried to freeze the lane (or you haven't been able to pull it of).
What is logic.

Firstly, I don't think you understand this, but YOU LOSE XP IF YOU'RE UNDER TOWER! Tower make you fall behind in BOTH gold and XP. You get no gold for last hitting minions, and you inevitably lose last hits to the tower - further depriving you of the last hitting XP bonus. Don't take my word for it, go into any game, any ****ing lane, and let them push the minions to your tower. You will NOT be equal level with your lane partners. Also, you said don't play League, so don't make statements about itemization.

Secondly, last hits have nothing to do with freezing the wave. Freezing the wave is used to get the gold and XP for the wave without pushing. Last hits have literally nothing to do with it. Getting more or less reward for last hitting doesn't affect it because whether or not you push, you still get the exact same reward for last hitting, no matter which side you're on. You could be being pushed or be doing the pushing, you still get the same amount of gold and XP from the wave as long as you aren't inside tower. Being pushed to tower is a BAD THING. So if anything, PUSHING is more effective, like I've been saying all along.

Thirdly, if you're zoning them away from the wave far enough to make them lose XP, you're solidly winning or your enemies are idiots, and FREEZING THE WAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU GOT SUCH A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Stop obfuscating the argument by telling me the obvious. We're talking about how freezing the wave is beneficial, and the best argument you can come up with is "get massive advantage, and THEN freeze the wave. Therefore, freezing the wave gave you the advantage." What is logic.

It's not my job to prove anything - YOU are the one trying to prove that freezing the lane works, and all you're saying it "try it, it's good, I swear!" or "you didn't do it properly!" You obviously screwed up somewhere in your base assumptions.

Go ahead. Before I typed this, I actually played a Smite game to test it, as an ADC, AGAIN. Now it's your turn to try it. Go into a CQ game, pick ADC, and don't push the wave at all. Let them push you to tower, and see how much of an "advantage" you get.

Oh, and one more thing. Freezing the lane is keeping the wave where it is. You seem to think that freezing means "letting them push." Well, it isn't. That's why it's called freezing.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 11, 2014 1:32am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Try to basic attack fight 5v1 with all hunters in Smite

Try to basic attack fight 5v1 in League and watch how you have no chance at all.

I guess clicking on a enemy takes alot of skill. Not to mention after you click on them you can put your mouse down and watch your champ chase them and kill them (I HAVE DONE IT TONS OF TIMES.)

SMH

while basic attack in LoL is more of positioning. stand on the wrong position and basic attack and you will get hit by an ablity.

Also a 5v1 against all hunters you are dead in 1-2 shot of them all if they do a nice shooting tactic (like 1 goes directly and the other 4 to the sides (2-1-2) and you are in good enough range so walking back doesn't work. oh and no escapes).

a 5v1 in LoL takes a lot more time.

why because damage of basic attacks (I'm going to switch LoL for Dawngate because the mechanics are a bit the same. especially on basic attacks) In Smite is HUGE. if they had a 100% hit chance (luckily they haven't) a hunter can easily kill a lot of the squishes without using an ability.

A hunter in LoL/DG will never be able to 2-3 shot people. why? because basics don't do a **** load of damage if they crit or don't crit. in dawngate vex is the one with the most hurting basics late game. but he still take 5-6 shots with his W ability (that gives more damage on basics bit like Branching Bola without the extra bola's (unless he also ults)) on a squishy (I don't know the new guy that well yet but maybe he beats vex) that's around a 4-5 seconds somewhere. well with no abilities you can like double the required basic attacks and time.

In the LoL/DG abilities are your pride even as a hunter class. the only insta deaths I have seen that are faster then a adc basic attacking with abilities I have seen (in DG) is from a zalgus squishy death combo and he is a mage (also other mages are also capable of doing something like that but zalgus is even more dangerous with having the chance of killing all squishies with luck) or a assassin like freya basic attacking after her abiity combo. (note assassins/junglers in DG can if they get in range do a lot more damage with basics then even hunters) The only damage I can compare to a critting smite basic attack is a viridian full rage E.

(Zalgus death combo: a root for 1.75 seconds that chains enemies nearby (and depending on how many enemies are chained if one of them get hit the other recieve a procentage of the damage) in that time you get an AoE ability shoved under you and while that is trying to go of you will get zalgus death leaser ult in your face. if it really goes in the combination of root-AoE-ult and the ults direct blast delivers the kill (so the one you hit with it needs to be killed chained enemies don't count) you can ult again yay)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }