Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New mid hero.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New mid hero. 87 posts - page 5 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 11, 2014 2:35am | Report
If League of Legends took the EXACT same system requirements to play as Smite.

How many people do you think would not be playing League right now?

All the toaster kids would not be able to play.

I doubt all the toaster kids would still be playing League over Smite if they have a laptop to run both.

If you got a toaster for chirstmas and you can't play Smite guess what you might try? You might try to download dota2, but your toaster may not be able to run that either, there for you go for league of legends.

So if your toaster is only capable of running lol, are you not going to be bais towards it since your toaster can only play that Moba???

That is a fact, not for all people but I know for alot.

I will use myself as an example.

I use TWO laptops
* My laptop that is being borrowed, can run games like Smite, its GPU is better and allows me to play games like Smite, therefor since I can run those type of games, there is no reason to play League, playing league looks like I am playing a 1999 ps1 game compared to Smite.

* My other laptop, that I am on right now, CANNOT run games like Smite or Dota 2. In fact I WANTED dota 2 OVER League of legends, YET I got league of legends, why? Not because I like it better over Dota 2 or Smite but BECAUSE this stupid laptop GPU is garbage and its the only Moba you can play therefor you take what you can get. I mainly use this laptop for recording things.

So pertaining to my toaster laptop.
- I wanted Smite, but my toaster can't handle it
- I wanted Dota 2 since my toaster can't get Smite, but my toaster can't run Dota 2 that well
- I am forced to play League because its the only Moba that will run on my toaster

The point is, for toaster children which is ALOT of people, League is a 3rd best, why? Because toasters can play it.

If everyone who had league was given a $450-600+ Computer/Laptop, not as much people would be playing league.

The reason League has so many people playing it is not simply because people think its the best, its because TONS of people can run it on toasters therefor the game can be played by mostly anyone.

If your computer can only run league, well you are going to be a thankful bastard and play that moba are you not? Unless you hate it that bad, but if you want a moba its the only **** you will be playing.

That is like this, if xbox one and ps4 only let you play Space Invaders, well guess what, more people will be playing space invaders, but don't say space invaders is better than Gears of War because Space invaders looks like a SNES game compared to a game like Gears.

Toaster children will always be toaster children

If 10,000,000 people can run League
but only 1,000,000 people can run Smite

GUESS which game has more people on it?

Is it soly because league is the best!!!

No its because toaster children can play it on anything including a potatoe, no I mean they can literally download league on a REAL patatoe.

If EQUAL amount of people could run Smite, I doubt the number would be that high.

* Also, toasters FAR OUT WEIGH non toasters.

The computer I am on right now cost $420-$440 when I bought it years back.
- It cannot even run Dota 2 or Smite even on low settings

- League can be run on LOW settings

So I proved that even for people who spend $400+ on a laptop they still can't even play games like Smite or Dota.

That means if people who spend $400+ Are still toaster children who can ONLY play league as the moba to go to.

Unless you are luckily like me and got a laptop that CAN run Smite.

Dota looks better than League, I would play that over league simply because League looks ugly as hell and I do not want to be stuck playing on pac man graphics, what is fun about seeing ugly graphics so bad that its not even able to keep up with ps2 graphics?

Oh but what if the game is fun!!!

You have two choices which do YOU pick?

Mine Craft how it looks now
or
Mine Craft it was realistic and had xbox one / ps4 Graphics???

Exactly, if given the same game you will always choose the better graphics unless your mentally a toaster oven kid.

When seeing games like Dota 2 and League, I auto go to Dota 2 simply because the games are similar BUT the graphics just poop on league, and when I see Smite, I really do not want to play a fugly game like League when I have modern day graphic moba's.

Playing Leauge is like playing Pac Man,

GET WITH THE MODERN DAY YOU TOASTER OVEN KIDS!!!

XD :) =)

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 11, 2014 5:22am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Firstly, I have done it the last time you told me to. Doesn't work, because the other guy just hard pushes the wave with no consequence, or they just push from range and never leave their half of the map.

You keep insisting that freezing the lane works. Well, I've been playing since closed beta, watched several hundred Smite videos of Squiidish and Drybear and such, played over roughly 50 ranked games as mid and solo this season, and not ONCE, not ONCE, has anyone else tried to anything BUT hard shoving the lane.

What is logic.

Firstly, I don't think you understand this, but YOU LOSE XP IF YOU'RE UNDER TOWER! Tower make you fall behind in BOTH gold and XP. You get no gold for last hitting minions, and you inevitably lose last hits to the tower - further depriving you of the last hitting XP bonus. Don't take my word for it, go into any game, any ****ing lane, and let them push the minions to your tower. You will NOT be equal level with your lane partners. Also, you said don't play League, so don't make statements about itemization.

Secondly, last hits have nothing to do with freezing the wave. Freezing the wave is used to get the gold and XP for the wave without pushing. Last hits have literally nothing to do with it. Getting more or less reward for last hitting doesn't affect it because whether or not you push, you still get the exact same reward for last hitting, no matter which side you're on. You could be being pushed or be doing the pushing, you still get the same amount of gold and XP from the wave as long as you aren't inside tower. Being pushed to tower is a BAD THING. So if anything, PUSHING is more effective, like I've been saying all along.

Thirdly, if you're zoning them away from the wave far enough to make them lose XP, you're solidly winning or your enemies are idiots, and FREEZING THE WAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU GOT SUCH A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Stop obfuscating the argument by telling me the obvious. We're talking about how freezing the wave is beneficial, and the best argument you can come up with is "get massive advantage, and THEN freeze the wave. Therefore, freezing the wave gave you the advantage." What is logic.

It's not my job to prove anything - YOU are the one trying to prove that freezing the lane works, and all you're saying it "try it, it's good, I swear!" or "you didn't do it properly!" You obviously screwed up somewhere in your base assumptions.

Go ahead. Before I typed this, I actually played a Smite game to test it, as an ADC, AGAIN. Now it's your turn to try it. Go into a CQ game, pick ADC, and don't push the wave at all. Let them push you to tower, and see how much of an "advantage" you get.

Oh, and one more thing. Freezing the lane is keeping the wave where it is. You seem to think that freezing means "letting them push." Well, it isn't. That's why it's called freezing.

Yes you lose some exp (if the enemy minions manage to push all the way into your tower), but you losing some exp is okei if the enemy gets no exp. And yes there is a very small amount of players that does it (sun does is pretty often, and barra as well sometimes but that is pretty much the only ADCs that does it).

I think I said that it was possible to do it if you are able to force the enemy out of the passive range for farm (either be it because they are staying with to low health, underlvled etc). Which you're not doing if the enemy is able to push the wave, if that is the chase you lose farm on not pushing (because the enemy got all the gold exp from the wave, so you push as well ofc) :P

So if you force your opponent to not get any exp or gold (by letting his minions kill your minions while forcing him to watch from outside the range for passive exp and gold) you will get less farm than you would from last hitting/pushing the lane, but you get the passive farm from your minions killing his minions. He will get nothing at all, you do the same thing if you are alone in the lane (enemy dead or backed) unless you have an opportunity to rotate ofc.

So what happens is that the waves will push very slowly, if you take some last hits it will begin to push up a bit. AKA "freezing" the lane

To do this you do not need a massive advantage, all you need is someone staying a bit to long, being dead or just being in base.

letting your minions kill his minions just gives you a small lead for every minion that gets killed this way. And in the long run that will give you a massive lead.

You can not do it as often as in LoL, but it does exist. Ask DM, he talks about it almost every game he casts.

Yes pushing is a totally valid approach and you do not lose out on doing it so it is fail proof and it opens op for you being able to rotate or backing. But pushing and just sitting in your lane waiting for the next wave is a wast if you are able to deny the enemy more gold and exp by letting his minions kill your minions.

IMO every minion you deny is worth 2 minions you kill.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 11, 2014 6:31am | Report
ICEN, my computer runs SMITE and DOTA 2 at a very good le el but yoj know what? I played LoL the most. And you know what. I almost lost my patience

I'm not sure aboit lane freezing. Denying minikn seems almost impossible to do. With great placement of ward the enemy can keep pushing, get gold and exp from your minikns while their minions died to tower, unable to kill your minion

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 11, 2014 7:18am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

ICEN, my computer runs SMITE and DOTA 2 at a very good le el but yoj know what? I played LoL the most. And you know what. I almost lost my patience

I'm not sure aboit lane freezing. Denying minikn seems almost impossible to do. With great placement of ward the enemy can keep pushing, get gold and exp from your minikns while their minions died to tower, unable to kill your minion
What type of computer do you got and how much was it.

Because I know for a fact that anything under $400 99% of those laptops are not running Smite or even Dota 2. MY laptop I am on right now cannot even running stupid Dota 2.

That is why I HAD to pick League, it wasn't a option like I woke up and said, yes, screw Smite, screw Dota I want league!!! The reality is this happens, I want Smite or Dota, oopps your computer cannot run it well, Hey but it can run league perfect, there for your options are.

Play League or Play nothing.

That is your options on a computer that cannot run Dota 2 or Smite like this one that I am on.

To further prove it, I just came out and said I would like to play Dota 2 over Leauge.
But the reality is, I added another +1 to League's community, even though I like Dota 2 I can't play it thus its a + 0 because they didn't GAIN A NEW PLAYER.

League GAINED ME as a new player simply because Its the only Moba I can run on this toaster oven.

What I am saying is, no laptop under $400 is running Smite or Dota 2.

MOST average people therefor have toasters, anything under $400 is a damn toaster laptop incapable of running anything but League in the Moba's. Sure they can download Smite but the fact is it won't be PLAYABLE therefor you will uninstall that.

My computer was actually around $420-$440 I mean my laptop (I keep calling it a computer)...

Most people do not even spend that much on a Laptop, when you go to Walmart or a store most people are buying Laptops in the $300-$450ish range, meaning MOST laptops that people buy are toasters only that can only run certain games.

Who is Smite available to ? = Anyone who has laptop or computer that has a GPU strong enough to run that game well, not everyone has a computer or laptop capable of this.

Who is Dota 2 available to? = The same people like Smite except that you can have a slightly less powerful GPU and run it. Again, most people who have a regular laptop cannot even run that.

Who is League available to? = EVERYONE!!!! Seriously, this **** plays on anything, you can install league on a freaking sandwich and it will run well...

You can have a garbage GPU and run league.

That is why TF2 has so many downloads just like league because ANYONE and EVERYONE and ANYTHING can play it.

That is not true with games like Smite.

Would it be safe to say that the majority of people who own computers or laptops did not spend $1000 on them? I think so.

League has more players simply because anyone can play it.

Very simply concept not hard to understand.

Which pacman game do you think would have more people playing it?

pacman game that runs on any computer

or

pacman game that can only run on computers that are $600 and up???

Its obvious.

On a good Computer, I would play Smite and Dota over League because I have the choice.

On a bad computer I HAVE to play League because I am forced and there is no choice.

What league of legends and team fortress do is they limit your choice so that their games are the only ones playable on low end computers or laptops, thus more people are on it.

Common sense I would hope?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 11, 2014 7:37am | Report
You don't even need to have a computer to play these games. Just sign up and bam, new player. This can be supported mostly because the system requirements are shown at the end of sign up, before downloading

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 11, 2014 10:18am | Report
Dota 2 looks way more sexy than League though....

Is it?

Because just from the videos it looks more sexy

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 11, 2014 10:35am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Dota 2 looks way more sexy than League though....

Is it?

Because just from the videos it looks more sexy

dota is fun but compared to smite you will need to get used to it.

that's why when comparing moba you got the Moba's going to the LoL side and the one to the Dota side. (smites more on the LoL side)

A lot of mechanics are different from each other. Also in Dota you don't have that much of a jungle role as in LoL or smite. you got 2 runes (buffs) in the river that get randomly selected on each spawn.

you can't recall so it's walking all the way back or using the courier for potions.

potions get interrupted by damage

you can hide in trees (and you got side & secret shop)

last hitting is your only source of income and last hits can be denied (from minions to towers)

and another mayor chance is when you have some sort of minion ability (or illusion rune) you need to also control that one by selecting it. (and then don't forget to select your character again) counts also for couriers if you send them to secret shop.

it's fun but it's hard takes a lot of learning

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 11, 2014 10:37am | Report
People keep on talking about walking back to base but still aren't mentioning couriers...I don't understand
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 11, 2014 10:42am | Report
Devampi wrote:

you can't recall so it's walking all the way back or using the courier for potions.

potions get interrupted by damage

Devampi wrote:

People keep on talking about walking back to base but still aren't mentioning couriers...I don't understand

or using the courier for potions.

EDIT: reading isn't that hard I hope?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 11, 2014 10:55am | Report
Okay how about this argument

What if League of Legends was 3rd person like Smite

All the same Champions can be played, everything is the same for the most part besides obviously no more clicking because its 3rd person.

I'm no genius, but I would assume dat **** would be kewl...

And I would play it , probably the same as smite if not MORE than smite.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }