Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New mid hero.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New mid hero. 87 posts - page 7 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 11, 2014 7:06pm | Report
^

But the difference I see is that I don't see smite players constantly try to say their game is better than league or that league is just plain stupid on league forums. Yet no offense to a lot of you it's some of your major contributions to this site. [\exaggerate][\rant]

It really shouldn't matter let people have their own fun. Mechanics and complexity aren't the main reasons I play games. It's to have a good tiem.[\motivationaltext]

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 11, 2014 11:03pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Okay!!!!!

Smite is so much better than League that you League players LITERALLY are on this forum and its about Smite!!!

Hahahhaahhahaha!!!!

You don't see Smite players like me on a League Forum or a active member on it!!!!

Hahahahhaahahaha!!!

It proves Smite is the best when the League players have to be apart of this forum in the first place!!!! Why? Because its better!!!!

ye ye ye ye ye le le le le le !!!!

Uh, logic dictates that the more popular the game, the less people will talk about other games on the site of the game.

for example, if a movie is fun, you wouldn't start talking about other movies while it's playing right?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 11, 2014 11:06pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

ICEN, my computer runs SMITE and DOTA 2 at a very good le el but yoj know what? I played LoL the most. And you know what. I almost lost my patience

I'm not sure aboit lane freezing. Denying minikn seems almost impossible to do. With great placement of ward the enemy can keep pushing, get gold and exp from your minikns while their minions died to tower, unable to kill your minion

TY for agreeing. It's hard enough to do it in League, and Smite is a game with way more effective and safer waveclear.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 11, 2014 11:16pm | Report

Yes you lose some exp (if the enemy minions manage to push all the way into your tower), but you losing some exp is okei if the enemy gets no exp. And yes there is a very small amount of players that does it (sun does is pretty often, and barra as well sometimes but that is pretty much the only ADCs that does it).
LOGIC IS NOT HARD.

IF YOU ARE BEING PUSHED TO TOWER, YOU LOSE XP. THE ENEMY DOES NOT. YOU ARE LITERALLY ACCOMPLISHING NOTHING BUT PUTTING YOURSELF FURTHER BEHIND. IT IS HARD ENOUGH TO DENY MINION WAVES WHILE ON AN EVEN FOOTING, AND YOU'RE TELLING ME ITS SOMEHOW EASIER TO DENY MINIONS AFTER THE INITIAL XP LOSS?

Freezing the lane in League requires you to either poke them to death or something to gain an advantage, and then force them out. OR push them hard to tower, and when the enemy waves come to the center, let the wave reset. Neither of these starts from being under tower at a gold and XP disadvantage.

I think I said that it was possible to do it if you are able to force the enemy out of the passive range for farm (either be it because they are staying with to low health, underlvled etc). Which you're not doing if the enemy is able to push the wave, if that is the chase you lose farm on not pushing (because the enemy got all the gold exp from the wave, so you push as well ofc) :P
So in other words, now you're saying that freezing the wave was not the god tactic you said it was, and is instead a common-sense tactic used AFTER you get a massive advantage. Jesus ****ing Christ.

So if you force your opponent to not get any exp or gold (by letting his minions kill your minions while forcing him to watch from outside the range for passive exp and gold) you will get less farm than you would from last hitting/pushing the lane, but you get the passive farm from your minions killing his minions. He will get nothing at all, you do the same thing if you are alone in the lane (enemy dead or backed) unless you have an opportunity to rotate ofc.
I already know HOW lane freezing works. Like I said earlier, now you're saying it's soemthing you do AFTER you gain an advantage, rather than the thing that GIVES you the advantage. You just reversed your position.

So what happens is that the waves will push very slowly, if you take some last hits it will begin to push up a bit. AKA "freezing" the lane

To do this you do not need a massive advantage, all you need is someone staying a bit to long, being dead or just being in base.

letting your minions kill his minions just gives you a small lead for every minion that gets killed this way. And in the long run that will give you a massive lead.

You can not do it as often as in LoL, but it does exist. Ask DM, he talks about it almost every game he casts.

Yes pushing is a totally valid approach and you do not lose out on doing it so it is fail proof and it opens op for you being able to rotate or backing. But pushing and just sitting in your lane waiting for the next wave is a wast if you are able to deny the enemy more gold and exp by letting his minions kill your minions.

IMO every minion you deny is worth 2 minions you kill.

So, I repeat, now you're saying that freezing the wave is something you do after getting an advantage in lane to maximize that advantage. In other words, you completely reversed your previous position of lane freezing being this secret elite god-like tactician strategy that only true pros can do that makes you completely dominate the game.

Sigh.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 11, 2014 11:17pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Exactly!

Smite was in League, it shows how much League likes Smite too!

They had to put the very words Smite in there game!

They knew Smite was so powerful they need to be part of it!

Smite the summoner spell was there for literally years before Smite was even concieved.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 11, 2014 11:18pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

People keep on talking about walking back to base but still aren't mentioning couriers...I don't understand

I think you're talking about DOTA or Strife.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 11, 2014 11:22pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I think you're talking about DOTA or Strife.

Yeah I was referencing DOTA, because people kept on talking about walking back to base over and over as part of it's complicatedness, but you literally just get a courier to deliver stuff to you in a Chang'E fashion.
ANYWAY nice pentapost ;)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 12, 2014 12:19am | Report
Letting enemy pushing you in LoL is good. Why? You can let minions into your tower. Even if the minion is attacked by tower, you get maximum gold and exp without getting punished by enemy by poking you when you are last hitting. This is extremely true because if you are good at last hitting, getting minions jnder turret is easy. Mellee takes 2 tower hits and 1 aa while ranged require 2 aa and 1 tower hit early game.

Meanwhile in smite, i'm not sure about that. Getting enemy minions into your tower completely reducing your gold gain. Defending minion wave before it gets to your tower damage you a lot early game. While yes you can deny some minions, you lose like 6 minions gold and enemy lose maybe 3 minions gold and exp, which in an adc lane, adc only needs gold most of the time.

Edit :
Problem with the courier is that if you are low on health while the courier is being used by your ally, it is very risky to stay in lane, waiting for your courier, especially in solo queue where corier is upgraded later in game. This makes all lane poking stratergy is pretty good in imo. But honestly, it's not that bad either, you can buy teleport to tower for only 100 gold, enable you to give pressure everywhere and late game, you can buy teleport boots to let you even teleport to creeps

And finally, imo, all mobas are good, noone is better than the other, only some have advantage in one side while disadvantage in the other

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 12, 2014 12:21am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Letting enemy pushing you in LoL is good. Why? You can let minions into your tower. Even if the minion is attacked by tower, you get maximum gold and exp without getting punished by enemy by poking you when you are last hitting. This is extremely true because if you are good at last hitting, getting minions jnder turret is easy. Mellee takes 2 tower hits and 1 aa while ranged require 2 aa and 1 tower hit early game.

Meanwhile in smite, i'm not sure about that. Getting enemy minions into your tower completely reducing your gold gain. Defending minion wave before it gets to your tower damage you a lot early game. While yes you can deny some minions, you lose like 6 minions gold and enemy lose maybe 3 minions gold and exp, which in an adc lane, adc only needs gold most of the time.

Yup. You lose so much from being outpushed that the only thing you can do yourself is push back as hard as possible. So much depth in this game /sarcasm

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 12, 2014 12:53am | Report
So... off topic anyone?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }