Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New mid hero.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New mid hero. 87 posts - page 2 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 9, 2014 11:34am | Report
Uhm ICEN Comparing Dota to LoL isn't a good thing. the only thing that's a bit the same is the map and the click play style. But then the games completely change from each other.

Also controlling the camera isn't so hard. also for moving backwards it's even easier. 1. you can click the minimap a part back
or
2. hit spacebar and start clicking behind your champion.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 9, 2014 12:01pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Uhm ICEN Comparing Dota to LoL isn't a good thing. the only thing that's a bit the same is the map and the click play style. But then the games completely change from each other.

Also controlling the camera isn't so hard. also for moving backwards it's even easier. 1. you can click the minimap a part back
or
2. hit spacebar and start clicking behind your champion.

? I was comparing Smite to Lol...

Someone answer this, Does basic attacks take more skill in Smite or Lol..

Smite or Lol...

Let me answer that for you because its a forced question. SMITE.

Its very simply thats why I hate LOL. Literally that reason alone.

For proof its very simple, this is not matter of opinion but fact.

Lets do a 1v5 example on both games.

Smite = 5 people from the other team want to hit you with a basic attack, how do they go about it? By aiming and basic attacking based on how far you are, and predicting your movement so that you run into the basic attack, therefor if you miss no matter the range you miss.

Thus, even in range of basic attacks, it is possible for 5 bad players to miss every basic attack allowing you to actually out box a 5v1. Of course they would have to be garbage but the point is, its possible not impossible.

Lol = 5 people from the other team want to hit you with a basic attack, how do they go about it?
By clicking on your champion and waiting for you to get in range of their champions basic attack range or they come to you. It hits once you come in range no matter where you move.

Thus, when in range, you get hit 100% of the time by all 5 simply by them clicking on you once. Thus it is impossible to ever 5v1 someone by out boxing them because once in range there is no such thing as dodging basics.

I would love someone to tell me I am wrong.

I would love someone to tell me that basics in league take actual skill

If someone wishes to prove that wrong, please stay on the topic of "BASIC ATTACKS" and do not try to switch the topic over to anything else, because I am clearly talking about the basic attack aspect of the game alone.

The basic attack 100% hit rate is why I do not like League of Legends. If you could miss autos I would enjoy it more, if someone is on your bum with basic attacks and they are faster then you, you might as well just give up and die if you have no abilities on CD. I'm not even suppose to be talking about abilities, I am just saying,

In Smite, if someone is chasing you, they throw basics and slow down, they can miss, even if they get 2 feet close, as long as you juke you can juke your way all the way back to your tower and not die or be killed. Its called you having skill and they sucking at using basic attacks.

In League, if someone is chasing you, they click on you and hit you 100% of the time when in range, you cannot juke to make them miss, if you juke you will stay in their range therefor they will continue to hit you with 100% hit rate, if they stay on you, you automatically die.

That is the difference an thats why I don't like League.
In Smite I can run and live based on how sucky the other person is at aiming.
In League I can run and die even if the other person sucks at aiming because there is no such thing as aiming a basic attack in league, you click on a enemy and the end.

What is so hard to understand.

Basics take no skill in league.

I am only talking about basics.

Telling me League's basics take more skill then Smite is like telling me 2 + 2 = 5.

Its not possible unless your that bias.

Its just a fact everything I said.

Point out anything I said in THIS post about basic attacks in both Smite and League that was not true.

I can test this out if anyone wants to prove me wrong.

Try to basic attack fight 5v1 with all hunters in Smite

Try to basic attack fight 5v1 in League and watch how you have no chance at all.

I guess clicking on a enemy takes alot of skill. Not to mention after you click on them you can put your mouse down and watch your champ chase them and kill them (I HAVE DONE IT TONS OF TIMES.)

SMH

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 9, 2014 12:11pm | Report
Basic attacks are not something to judge the value of a game off 100%. There are a lot of other skill based areas in LoL. Some would argue the concept of impossible misses makes something easier to balance, because dps is more linear and easier to base around.

And basics DO take skill in LoL. There's orbweaving, kiting, attack moving, ability cancelling, etc.

You can absolutely be biased even if giving something a chance. You're biased towards Smite. That's not a bad thing, but just because you played both, it doesn't mean that all you say is law and that LoL is, basically, garbage because of it. It's just not your preference, and that's ok.

Nonetheless, this is still off-topic, and you're really not helping the person who originally asked for advice/opinions/etc on Vamana mid, just because he said hero instead of god.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 9, 2014 4:44pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Basic attacks are not something to judge the value of a game off 100%. There are a lot of other skill based areas in LoL. Some would argue the concept of impossible misses makes something easier to balance, because dps is more linear and easier to base around.

And basics DO take skill in LoL. There's orbweaving, kiting, attack moving, ability cancelling, etc.

You can absolutely be biased even if giving something a chance. You're biased towards Smite. That's not a bad thing, but just because you played both, it doesn't mean that all you say is law and that LoL is, basically, garbage because of it. It's just not your preference, and that's ok.

Nonetheless, this is still off-topic, and you're really not helping the person who originally asked for advice/opinions/etc on Vamana mid, just because he said hero instead of god.
Actually I already helped him, he EDITED his thread, because he wasn't talking about vamana or insults before. So yea.... he edited that in there and changed his post after I already replied.

Second you still didn't prove me wrong about the 1v5 thing....

Its not bais, its fact.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 9, 2014 5:21pm | Report
That's not a fact that's precisely an opinion haha. And it's because it's an entirely different mechanic, but I've gone over it, so, I guess this is moot.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 9, 2014 5:36pm | Report

I would argue that LoL requires less mechanical skill than Smite every day of the week and maybe twice on Sunday.

Took me a day to learn how to play Smite, a week to understand the mechanics like jungling and itemization, and a game or two on a new god.

Took me a week to learn how to play League, several weeks to understand the mechanics, and several games per champion.

There is no way Smite takes more skill, any kind of skill, than League.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 9, 2014 5:43pm | Report
This is for ICEN.

Yeah, basic attacks automatically hit. So? In Smite, over half of the abilities always hit. Seriously, have you ever missed with Soul Reap or Brutalize or Whirlpool?

Top Down Mobas do have targeted abilities and basic attacks, but that just means things like positioning and timing matter more over individual skillshots. In Smite, you just spam all of your abilities and easily hit basic attacks on CC'd targets 90% of the time - or, hit targets that get literally a 50% move speed reduction thanks to them attacking*. In League and other games, you have to stay in and out of range at the right times at the right moments while landing skillshots.

The reason why such targeted attacks take skill is due to timing and positioning being so important. To use Smite terms, no one cares if you're ulted by Nemesis when you're standing in the middle of your team.

And seriously tho. When you see gods like Poseidon that take literally no skill to play, compared to champions with more intricate mechanics like Mina or Nova or TF, you can't say Smite is a more skill-oriented game.

Let me put it this way. If League took no skill and was that easy to learn, why is it considered THE hardest Moba to get into nowadays? Don't say it's a bad game, because it isn't. Don't say it's because of technical issues, because it isn't. It's hard to get into because it's hard to master.

*In other MOBAs, you get no move speed penalty for being in combat, so you actually juke MORE things in other MOBAs.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 9, 2014 6:53pm | Report
Show me how skill shots in League are any different then in Smite.

Also did I not say keep it to basic attacks? Was I talking about abilities?

3rd, League is not even considered the hardest Moba....

I'm pretty sure I have watch a **** ton of videos where most people say that DOTA is harder.

Poseidon can be countered by Aegis..... easily....

Your telling me positioning matters in league? Your point?
IT matters in Smite as well. Unless your one of those derps that sit in the middle of a lane and eat Kulkukan whirlwands to your face.

Name something League has that Smite doesn't also rely on.

I can name something Smite relies on that League doesn't.

People saying basic attacks in League take more skill has to be the funnest **** I ever herd, if I reinstalled League and picked Aatrox I would just click on someone, pop sprint, put my mouse down and watch me do no work. Am about to die? Doesn't matter my blood will bring me back. Got that free ***bah passive.

If you say League basic attacks take skill that is EQUAL to you saying Towers in smite also take skill at hitting Gods who are under the tower.

Funny none of you are saying tower attacks take skill, why because you know the tower auto rapes you once you get in range and you can't do anything about it besides use an ability to absorb it, ect.

League is the same **** as the towers in smite, once someone is in range they get hit and can't do anything about it unless your like Shen and shield it.

Here I'll prove it easy, once I get my computer back.

5 of you pick all hunters, I pick a hunter as well in Smite. Basic attacks only, no crit. Lets see how many hits I can get on 5 people before I die.

5 of you pick all hunters in League, basic attacks only, no crit,
Lets see how fast I die facing 5 of you because I CAN'T have the chance to let off more than 1-2 attacks before I die instantly from 100% hit rate basic attacks.

How is this opinion its a damn FACT.

Calling a blue shirt blue isn't OPINION its a fact.

Me saying League is a bad game compared to smite is MY OPINION

Me saying Smites auto's take more SKILL is a FACT though.

Very simple

Can autos is smite miss? Yes
Can autos in league miss? No

God, we should not do that skype I have a feeling most of you literally are 12 years old and cannot grasp this concept.

I have been using nothing BUT facts, prove to me one thing about the basic attacks I said that wasn't a fact.

If you can't catch my sarcasm I was joking about the skype... (Not reallly)

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 9, 2014 7:05pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

That's not a fact that's precisely an opinion haha. And it's because it's an entirely different mechanic, but I've gone over it, so, I guess this is moot.
So basics cannot miss is an opinion?

Well your just proved why your a derp

and derp is not a curse word

therefor that being said

YOUR A DAMN DERP, you ugly *** DERP!!!

I like how I can make derp sound so bad, SHUT UP YOU DERP!!!

*****, I will come and kill your DERP!!!

You think this is a game you derp???

Oh no you derpent!!!

How you derpin?

DERP YOU TOO!!!

Stupid *** derp...

^ Icen, first person to turn derp into a oppressive word aginst dumb derps.

I can see it now, Thread locked!!!

Reason - Icen called someone a stupid DERP... XD

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 9, 2014 7:08pm | Report
I think the problem here is that you are only looking at one aspect of basic attacking, which is hitting them. When there are so many more mechanics to them, as Raventhor stated. Hitting the attack is obviously the most important, but when there are other intricacies to it that you seem to be ignoring. In Smite you can basic attack and position yourself, with LoL you basic attack, position, animation cancel and the others that Raven stated. And by ignoring this you are making it seem as if you have the right answer, which if we were just talking about the one aspect of hitting them, then and only then would you be correct in the statement that Smite takes more skill in basic attacking.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }