Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New mid hero.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New mid hero. 87 posts - page 3 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 9, 2014 7:43pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Show me how skill shots in League are any different then in Smite.

Also did I not say keep it to basic attacks? Was I talking about abilities?

3rd, League is not even considered the hardest Moba....

I'm pretty sure I have watch a **** ton of videos where most people say that DOTA is harder.
For the first, Le Blanc needs to hit with three narrow line skillshots in a row to pull of her burst combo. In comparison, that's like hitting with 3 Mummify's in a row...with slower projectile speed...and no stun...

My point with the basics vs abilities comparison was how you said that basics hitting was an example of LoL taking no skill. My point is that Smite is even easier than League since abilities are both more impactful AND easier to hit.

Meh, I'm not sure if League is THE hardest MOBA, but I say it's at least harder than Smite.

ICEN wrote:
Poseidon can be countered by Aegis..... easily....

Your telling me positioning matters in league? Your point?
IT matters in Smite as well. Unless your one of those derps that sit in the middle of a lane and eat Kulkukan whirlwands to your face.
I didn't say positioning in Smite doesn't matter, it just matters much more in League.

In Smite, we have Blink, a **** ton of undodgeable CC (like Whirlpool), and virtually every god has an escape.

League isn't like that. A lot of champions have very limited or no escapes, on top of little CC, which means you must be more careful and strategic and more focused on positioning. You're not like Apollo who can just mez and dash away, you aren't like Mercury with his instant escape ult, you aren't like every other mage who can just ult directly beneath them and get out for free. In League, positioning matters more, because there are no "get out of jail free" cards.

(Also, CDR on Pos is a thing, not to mention Aegis does nothing in the laning phase.)

ICEN wrote:
Name something League has that Smite doesn't also rely on.

I can name something Smite relies on that League doesn't.
Basic attacks and targeted abilities use a different mechanic. Boom. :P

ICEN wrote:
People saying basic attacks in League take more skill has to be the funnest **** I ever herd, if I reinstalled League and picked Aatrox I would just click on someone, pop sprint, put my mouse down and watch me do no work. Am about to die? Doesn't matter my blood will bring me back. Got that free ***bah passive.

If you say League basic attacks take skill that is EQUAL to you saying Towers in smite also take skill at hitting Gods who are under the tower.

Funny none of you are saying tower attacks take skill, why because you know the tower auto rapes you once you get in range and you can't do anything about it besides use an ability to absorb it, ect.

League is the same **** as the towers in smite, once someone is in range they get hit and can't do anything about it unless your like Shen and shield it.
Uh, yeah, towers work the same in League as in Smite. What is your point?

Hitting with basics doesn't take any skill in League. You got that right. But hitting with basics RIGHT takes skill in League. For example. this video.

You can't avoid the enemy's basics just like they can't avoid yours. The trick is to be in positions where you are safe to autoattack while they can't. THAT is the entire point of positioning and juking and kiting in League, and that kind of play is impossible in Smite.

Why? In Smite, you can't juke with a permanent 50% move speed debuff in combat. You can't kite, either. And positioning, as I said earlier, matters much less in a game where everyone has an escape and instant undodegable CC.

It is exactly BECAUSE of undodgeable basics that positioning in League is more important. Since you can't avoid their **** while being in their range, you need to make sure you are not in that range (aka positioning), or do something when you are (counterbuilding, initiation, teamwork, etc).

What can you do in Smite when a fed Loki instantly kills you as an ADC? You can't counterbuild him. Even when grouped, you can't stop him from killing you since all of his damage is instant. You can't position him out when grouping doesn't matter and when he gets a 5 second 25% move speed buff on top of stealth, making his range (basically, the danger zone, his reach, basically) insane. And again, you can't initiate on a guy with a 90 second combat blink and a stealth and move speed buff. You can't kite him, you can't juke him, you can literally do nothing.

YES, it's dead easy to hit with a basic attack. But unlike Smite, it is way harder to hit with them RIGHT.

ICEN wrote:
Here I'll prove it easy, once I get my computer back.

5 of you pick all hunters, I pick a hunter as well in Smite. Basic attacks only, no crit. Lets see how many hits I can get on 5 people before I die.

5 of you pick all hunters in League, basic attacks only, no crit,
Lets see how fast I die facing 5 of you because I CAN'T have the chance to let off more than 1-2 attacks before I die instantly from 100% hit rate basic attacks.
Uh, the other dudes will still wipe you off the face of the planet in roughly the same time or even faster than League.

I mean, yeah, autos in League are unavoidable, but Smite gods generally deal more damage, too. So the time to kill is actually LONGER in League, since Smite gods have, like, no health and no base protections in comparison.

Seriously. You know how squishy everyone is, right? Like how mages can literally oneshot targets with ultimates, how tanks are insanely weak early game, how everyone dies so easily, how every high damage god melts another god in 1-2 seconds...

Ironically, League has a longer time to kill than Smite, giving more time to do something, like running, repositioning, abilities, etc.

ICEN wrote:
How is this opinion its a damn FACT.

Calling a blue shirt blue isn't OPINION its a fact.

Me saying League is a bad game compared to smite is MY OPINION

Me saying Smites auto's take more SKILL is a FACT though.

Very simple

Can autos is smite miss? Yes
Can autos in league miss? No

God, we should not do that skype I have a feeling most of you literally are 12 years old and cannot grasp this concept.

I have been using nothing BUT facts, prove to me one thing about the basic attacks I said that wasn't a fact.

If you can't catch my sarcasm I was joking about the skype... (Not reallly)

Not arguing with you here. League's basics are undodgeable. I'm just arguing that League is a higher skill game DESPITE, or even because of, such mechanics.

Let me use a real life example. It takes no skill to turn on a garden hose. It takes skill to become a fireman. BAM I AM METAPHOR KING

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 9, 2014 8:04pm | Report
It's the battle of the essay-ers

:O

I actually want to see how this conversation plays out.

(BTW I'm not going to lock the thread just because you called me a derp. I do find the EXTREMELY non-sequitur argument style you use rather hard to combat, due to the flaws in it instead of the quality of the argument)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 10, 2014 7:47am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

It's the battle of the essay-ers

:O

I actually want to see how this conversation plays out.

(BTW I'm not going to lock the thread just because you called me a derp. I do find the EXTREMELY non-sequitur argument style you use rather hard to combat, due to the flaws in it instead of the quality of the argument)
Lol I never even realized that you were a moderator.

You should change your name to "Derp" the moderator.

Think of how kewl it would sound : That damn derp just banned me !!!

Yooooo tell me you don't want this name as your IGN : Ravenderp!!!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 10, 2014 9:34am | Report
Excuse me ICEN but you have no idea how to basic attack in LoL. I am 90% sure you don't know anything about aanimation cancelling. So, in League, when you are auto attacking or casting spell, after that you will have a recovery time and that will reduce your damage. By clicking on the ground after your projectile is starting to fly, you will cancel the animation and you will do your auto attack faster and you can quickly chase the enemy. This also applies to some skills like a Riven can use R while using his E or use W shile using his E.Without this, everyone will be REkkles (FNATIC FNATIC FNATIC)

THe thing about LoL that is harder is the mechanic. No i did not mean your mechanic to kite or to jukes. But the mechanic to every skills and every positioning. There are also so many other mechanics in LoL like monster wave, the real split pushing and many others. And no ICEN, you can't just auto attack with aatrox, you need skill to gain your passive.

Now, we come to mechanic of skills. Most gods in SMITE are similar. Sure i felt the fun of it and the hardness of it when i first played smite but it gets boring. See, This god has a slow, an area damage and a line damage also a big burst of ult. who am i talking about? Scylla? Poseidon? or Ao KUang? Now, this champion has a targeted projectile, a dash and a line dmage and an ult that is similar to one of this. YOu can almost see that i'm talikng about leblanc. It just feels boring. Neith with an escape line damage and heal. APollo with escape line damage and serenade. There is not much difference. Caitlyn to vayne, to draven, to ashe, to kog maw to lucian to corki to tristana to urgot to quinnn afeels very different somehow and i'ts really fun. Smite doesn't even have a proper meleee mid.
And they need to combo their skills more perfectly.

Okay, sure smite needs more juking but honetly, you can get that even if you are not a pro. Serenade mez, backflip root, jump stun, roll cripple, slither, slow, go to the ground, root, dash, dash, horse, jump to the sky,. there are just too many. It just feels who can burst more and land that with skillshot wins. In LoL, it feels like who can outplay and use their skill better wins. And it feels that we can counter in LoL than in SMITE. enemy play fizz? use lissandra. Enemy use nasus? use riven. Okay nasus go jungle, i'll go garen. garen? okay, riven mid, ryze you top, etc etc etc.

Finally, i think you just have too much hate on LoL that you don't even try to undrestand.

And recently i've played a lot of DOTA2. Do i need to explain it also?

DOTA 2 have even more diverse hero, harder skill to use but higher reward. SOme hero counter some hero even more than possible in LoL. You cannot spam your skill early nor you can late if you are not intel.You cannot turn back fast because of turn back rate. You need to buy some items to counter perfectly like black king bar against i don't know, sniper, crystal maiden, etc. Anti mage on enemy team, okay, hhave more physical. Enemy has nature prophet, okay we need stun so it can cancel the teleport.

Mechanic : LoL>SMITE=DOTA
Complexity : DOTA>LoL>SMITE
Skillshot : SMITE>DOTA=LOL

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 10, 2014 10:21am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have watch a **** ton of videos where most people say that DOTA is harder.

1st I misread your comment a bit. but the second part (the running away) needs to be still there

2nd I agree on the qouted part because dota also gives the buyback you need to last hit or get almost no money. oh yeah and no recall XD

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 10, 2014 11:41am | Report
I actually wanted to download DOTA because I did not like Lol....

but like I said, derps are borrowing my computer I use for smite so I have to play on this **** laptop that can't run any cames that don't look like a ps1 game...

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 10, 2014 11:41am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I actually wanted to download DOTA because I did not like Lol....

but like I said, derps are borrowing my computer I use for smite so I have to play on this **** laptop that can't run any games that don't look like a ps1 game...

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 10, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Took me a day to learn how to play Smite, a week to understand the mechanics like jungling and itemization, and a game or two on a new god.

Took me a week to learn how to play League, several weeks to understand the mechanics, and several games per champion.

There is no way Smite takes more skill, any kind of skill, than League.

I do not think we have the same understanding of the word "mechanical skill" (might just be because its not my first language), but when I think mechanical skill I think about all the stuff you can not learn from simply reading it or seeing someone do it on a stream or in a video.

So stuff like knowing that you can drop a bomb as Agni then placing fumes under it to get the stun for your next to bombs is not "mechanical skill" in my book. That is just basic game/god knowledge and that LoL has 100 times more of than Smite has for sure. I will never argue with anyone on that :P

But the ability to do the bomb, fumes bombs combo or obelisk impale combo with Anhur etc etc correctly is "mechanical skill".

And all that I find needs a lot more practice than combos you can do in LoL.

Of course you need to spend a **** ton of time to learn everything in LoL compared to in Smite. But there is just so much of it that you can just learn without having to play the game :P

And yes you can use a lot of game time learning it all, but if you want to you could just read up on it or watch some videos :P

Yes it takes a long time to grasp how to play LoL and all the mechanics, but the gameplay it self is fairly simple if you strip it down to the bone.

So yeah what I'm trying to say is that LoL needs a lot more commitment to get good at ofc, but most of it comes in the form of game knowledge not mechanical skill (as I see it). :P

I did play LoL for probably 1-2 years like 4 years ago. All I played was pretty much "Loki" and Morgana though. But I can still come on and play some games with my brother without playing like **** as long as he tells me what I can do with the camp, items to buy etc. It is fairly simple to do it, all you have to know is what to do. And I do not see that as "mechanical skill", I see that as game knowledge.

I do not mean to step on anyone's toes, I am 100% aware of the fact that LoL takes more time and effort to get good at. All I feel is that it's not due to difficult gameplay mechanics just because there is a lot more theory crafting than in Smite.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2014 2:48pm | Report

I do not think we have the same understanding of the word "mechanical skill" (might just be because its not my first language), but when I think mechanical skill I think about all the stuff you can not learn from simply reading it or seeing someone do it on a stream or in a video.

So stuff like knowing that you can drop a bomb as Agni then placing fumes under it to get the stun for your next to bombs is not "mechanical skill" in my book. That is just basic game/god knowledge and that LoL has 100 times more of than Smite has for sure. I will never argue with anyone on that :P

But the ability to do the bomb, fumes bombs combo or obelisk impale combo with Anhur etc etc correctly is "mechanical skill".

And all that I find needs a lot more practice than combos you can do in LoL.

Of course you need to spend a **** ton of time to learn everything in LoL compared to in Smite. But there is just so much of it that you can just learn without having to play the game :P

And yes you can use a lot of game time learning it all, but if you want to you could just read up on it or watch some videos :P

Yes it takes a long time to grasp how to play LoL and all the mechanics, but the gameplay it self is fairly simple if you strip it down to the bone.

So yeah what I'm trying to say is that LoL needs a lot more commitment to get good at ofc, but most of it comes in the form of game knowledge not mechanical skill (as I see it). :P

I did play LoL for probably 1-2 years like 4 years ago. All I played was pretty much "Loki" and Morgana though. But I can still come on and play some games with my brother without playing like **** as long as he tells me what I can do with the camp, items to buy etc. It is fairly simple to do it, all you have to know is what to do. And I do not see that as "mechanical skill", I see that as game knowledge.

I do not mean to step on anyone's toes, I am 100% aware of the fact that LoL takes more time and effort to get good at. All I feel is that it's not due to difficult gameplay mechanics just because there is a lot more theory crafting than in Smite.

If you mean things like learning to hit with skillshots and stuff, I say that League's skillshots are still harder than Smite's. I mean, yes, there are things that do take a lot of skill like the pillar-stun, but that is probably literally the only example like that on the list. Hitting with stuff like a Cait Q or a Xerath R is way harder (and less safe) than something like a Freya 4 or a [insert any ADC's minion-piercing ability].

And as I said earlier, there's way more CC in Smite, and it's generally easier to land, therefore making other abilities and such easier to land. For example, Ne Zha's sash is instant, while Ammumu's bandage doesn't have an insignificant travel time.

It's also harder to counterplay things in Smite. Another example is Ra vs Lux ults; Ra's path is clear, Lux's has this laser thing that marks the AoE, so people can see it coming and avoid it.

Stuff like that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 10, 2014 2:58pm | Report
I do not have enough experience with LoL to argue you.

All I know about LoL is the maybe 10 games I've played the last year :P

And in my experience as long as I know what to do it is easier to do it in LoL than in Smite. The first think I notice every time I play LoL is that it feels "slow" and I have a lot more time to think about what to do than in Smite.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }