Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lets make patch notes: warriors

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lets make patch notes: warriors 148 posts - page 7 of 15

Poll Question:

who do we balence after nemesis?
vamana
chaac
odin
herc
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 26, 2014 12:18am | Report
I think the problem here is. If you try to make bruiser tanks. You have to give them somewhat high scalings to encourage some damage items and allow for damage. While still building tanky. But you get three kinds of people.

The people who aren't *******s. Build the warrior's like bruisers.

This ****head butt muffins. Build them pure assassin, because it's inevitable.

The idiots. Who go full tank, like a derp.

I see it kind of hard to balance something that's supposed to be half and half. When people can just go all one and defeat the purpose anyways.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 26, 2014 1:06am | Report
It's simple.

Tanks need LOW scalings, not high ones. This is quite a flaw in Smite's game design - look at Hades. And Polymir. Don't get me wrong, I love Polymir, but they need to balance some moves out.
  • An assassin skill: aimed strike

The low base damage limits his early game, but the high scalings encourage the player to build power. The CC duration (3 seconds) makes this good for chasing.

This is reinforced by the way this skill interacts with the rest of his kit. Being multiplied by Behind You! and Vanish means you will have to use this skill right next to the enemy's face. Also you also cannot use this ability to peel, since it affects only one target and requires you to be in point-blank range to use.

You don't build protections because unlike a bruiser, Loki gains nearly no benefit from staying longer in a fight. His job is to go in, deal a ****ton of damage, and run away like a chicken.

What doesn't fit: The cooldown. The short cooldown makes this skill spammable, which literally does not fit into his kit at all.

• Here is how you make a tank (damage) skill: Sickening Strike.

The scalings on this thing are pathetic, and this is a skill that relies more on pure base numbers than anything else, but it is still an incredibly useful too for in-lane sustain. Early game, it is harass and heal and damage, late game, it's a small heal and a debuff. It becomes useful, but you rarely see a Sobek building power.

This is reinforced by the way it synergizes with his kit. Sobek's skills are put him in the enemy's face, but unlike Loki, he lacks strong scalings. Therefore, he builds protections, having few other options.

• Here is how you make a bruiser skill: Power Cleave.

This ability has both decent base damage and decent scalings. It has utility with its sustain. It stays even in power level and is used in the same way all game. At first glance, this is similar to an assassin's skill.

But you need to see how it interacts with his kit. The low cooldown encourage staying in a fight, as well as build protections, as all of Tyr's abilities are within melee range and he has no other means of circumventing damage outside of duels with Fearless. But for the most part, building a mic of protections and power rewards you with having good sustain and damage output as a fight progresses.

If you build power, you are too squishy to make use of your health, if you build tanky, well, it could work, to be honest, but you gain so much for building both that no one builds tank on Tyr.

That is the key. You can't just analyze a single ability and say it's an assassin's or a tank's or a bruiser's. You need to look at his kit as a whole.

Vamana's scalings are high, and his base damage is high, but what makes him an assassin is his way of inflicting devastating damage while putting himself at minimal risk, reducing the need for protections and encouraging players to build power.

His high burst with all of his abilities and their high scalings allows him to deal a lot of damage before an enemy can react, encouraging players to build power.

The CC, specifically the knockup, makes enemies helpless for a time long enough to use all of his abilities, further encouraging you to forsake protections. The slow on Umbrellarang also makes it incredibly strong as a chasing tool while being useless for peeling and other uses of CC.

Furthermore, his fairly high cooldowns encourage players to "burst" with his abilities before disengaging, further reinforcing an assassin playstyle.

Lastly, his self-buff. His Colossal Fury gives him enormous physical power with some protections and regen, and this seems fine at first glance. It gives a bruiser some teeth and a helmet, on paper. But this ability's synergy with Hastened Fatalis make this the ultimate tower diving weapon, allowing you to get in and out with minimal risk.

You might be saying that it also is played like a bruiser, sticking in a fight to deal as much damage as possible. Yes, this is true, but the problem is that this ability is far better used like an assassin than a bruiser. Just as no one goes pure tank as Tyr, no one plays Vamana like a bruiser.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 26, 2014 1:27am | Report
M on mobile so gonna be short:

Vamana's passive is best modified by all4 10% phy + 10% magical protections are converted into power. Only problem with this is that hide of urchin gonna be an essential item for him. But honestly hide of urchin has 35 protec 10% make it 3.5 power whuch is not a big buff. This change shall be good for him bcz currently his default protection build late game goes like 200physical protectn and 70magical ..even if he is in his ulti area damage mages like zeus ao and vulcan can easily target him to dust. He cant go near zeus or ao without fatalis, this makes him neither warrior nor tank nor assassin.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » February 26, 2014 1:48am | Report
Talk about herc people.

I will make a summery of vamana and if it needs change's you can talk about him if neccesary.

@arka.

How about x% pysical and x% magical. It could be more pysical the magical. We can't get exact numbers so x% makes more sence.

@sub. I don't think this is the right place to continue our discussion on vamana being an assassin or not.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 26, 2014 2:11am | Report
Ya %x is upto discussion m not decided on this as yet 10 is just symbolic. Now are we coming to herc! SMASH!!!

I can admit this hands down that herc is amongst the least played god in conquest.

Edit: though i am not that skillful with herc but find him really awesome snd exciting, just the image of him and sound of his grunts makes me lol bigtime.
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 26, 2014 10:55am | Report
Herc is a MAN!

I think he's fine. Yes, his heal is ridiculous, but counterplay for it does exist. If there is anything that is overpowered, it is either his Earthbreaker or his Excavate. The former's cooldown is a bit too highlow, and the latter, I think, does too much damage.

However, I still think Herc is one of the better-balanced gods in this game, and if he had no change, I have no problems with that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » February 26, 2014 11:10am | Report
i think herc would need to get the glitches fixed out of his abiltities and then he should be quiet viable.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moustashe » February 27, 2014 6:36pm | Report
Herc is not a very common bruiser anymore. He has a high skill ceiling, that if you do not/can not reach, you might as well play Tyr.

However, if you do manage to hit your ability's Earthbreaker, herc is not a bad choice. A 'high risk, high reward' god to put simply. Personally, I don't think he needs a nerf as much as he needs a buff, because why play a 'high risk, high reward' god if Tyr can do it better or easier.
Blink & Fearless will be way easier to land than Earthbreaker and produces the same result(s).

If you have about 150 ping, your 1 won't register for the most part. He does not have any CC immunity (like nemesis) and his only escape is his (short) dash and 3, so early game he's vunerable to ganks (because I'm guessing that you're an intelligent person and put points in your 1 instead of your 3). Though his heal is kind of op, that's his only major upside. Why don't we put herc in the duo lane as an ADC instead of a bruiser in the solo lane :P
That's my 2 cents.

Moustashe

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 27, 2014 8:32pm | Report
Ya I agree with all4 and sub he doesn't need much changes. May be rectify few graphic glitches that would make him land his skills better. I have no problem with his 3 heals. That's what make him HERC!
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 13, 2014 1:11am | Report
HERCULES HERCULES HERCULES!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }