Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lets make patch notes: warriors

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lets make patch notes: warriors 148 posts - page 3 of 15

Poll Question:

who do we balence after nemesis?
vamana
chaac
odin
herc
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » February 17, 2014 9:49am | Report
I think Chaac is balanced due to the fact that he has a hard time getting kills. Is he tanky? Yes. Can he deal a LOT of damage safely? Yes. Can he turn around teamfights? Yes. Can he get kills/get fed? Nope, not unless your team tries to feed you.

Since he has a really hard time getting fed, it keeps his tankiness/damage at okay levels.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 17, 2014 10:05am | Report
All4Games wrote:

i disagree he is redicoulessly tanky to and has a ton of substain while having strong clear and high aoe as well as good single target damage. he is to unkillable and he hits to hard.

chhac is a very hard solo to counter and because of skills 1 and 2 he is more ranged than melee. Skill 3 together with basic attacks makes him a bit unbalanced. They must reduce the range of his axe from skill 1. Make him more melee than so much ranged.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 17, 2014 11:39pm | Report
I just think his ultimate shouldn't make him invincible. It's already Aegis, I think Chaac could handle a downgrade to Purification Beads.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 18, 2014 12:05am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I just think his ultimate shouldn't make him invincible. It's already Aegis, I think Chaac could handle a downgrade to Purification Beads.

ya that would do, nerf his ulti
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moustashe » February 21, 2014 4:37pm | Report
Chaac is all about AOE damage, if you took away the invincibility, he can't really take those risks anymore, vastly reducing his overall DPS and/or survivability. Maybe if you reduced damage by 50% or at least 25%. If you were to take away his invincibility fully, maybe at least reduce the charge up time and add a bit more extra damage. Chacc players heavily rely on that invincibility save their ***es. If you took that away, Chacc would lose out on too much. If you really want to nerf him, increase his mana costs by like 30. Make him use his passive :P

Moustashe

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 21, 2014 6:02pm | Report
Moustashe wrote:

Chaac is all about AOE damage, if you took away the invincibility, he can't really take those risks anymore, vastly reducing his overall DPS and/or survivability. Maybe if you reduced damage by 50% or at least 25%. If you were to take away his invincibility fully, maybe at least reduce the charge up time and add a bit more extra damage. Chacc players heavily rely on that invincibility save their ***es. If you took that away, Chacc would lose out on too much. If you really want to nerf him, increase his mana costs by like 30. Make him use his passive :P

Those are some excellent points you have made.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 21, 2014 7:03pm | Report
Moustashe wrote:

Adding to this, what makes him slightly overpowered IMO is his abilities to combine basic attacks with rain dance. Also, mana sustain from passive and maxing out his axe and rain dance make him formidable early game. He's not that strong late game in team fights though.
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » February 21, 2014 11:45pm | Report
No. No. No

Chaac does not need an invincibility, especially not on his ultimate.

Why? He's already stupidly durable when he's built like you're supposed to build him (with some degree of tankiness) because of how much regeneration he gets from his Rain Dance. A regen buff that also slows movement and attack speed of enemies around him (or his axe) by 25%. It's like he's got free Frostbound Hammer and Witch Stone rolled into one move!

There's also the fact that Storm Call is very effective at locking down opponents. Unlike say, Ares' No Escape, Chaac doesn't move slower when he's charging up his ult. And when he catches you in it, you become silenced for a whole three seconds, regardless of it's rank.

Think about that for a moment, just how many gods are rendered completely helpless in three seconds of silence. Mages are completely disarmed with the exception of those basic attackers like Freya, but if their steroids aren't up, they're screwed. Assassins and hunters lose their escapes and become very easy targets. Only tanks aren't really bothered too much, but even a tank will feel useless when it's unable to throw around CC to stop the enemy team from massacring your friends.

Even without that invincibility, Chaac is still a solid god. I'm fine with his ultimate granting him CC-immunity, but there is no way in hell he should be completely safe while channeling it in a world where Ares is a free target as he's waiting for his ultimate to fail against a team full of beads and CC immunity.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 22, 2014 9:12am | Report
I don't see how Chaac's ult is like Wukong's. Wukong's is about distraction and self healing, Chaac's is about mass AoE CC silence. And no, chaac already has insane sustain. Do not underestimate Rain Dance. Late game it can out-heal Ao Kuang's tornadoes. I think it's fair to give him 30/35/40/45/50 damage reduction for his ult and keep the CC immunity. That's about it for chaac in my eyes.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moustashe » February 22, 2014 12:28pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

I don't see how Chaac's ult is like Wukong's. Wukong's is about distraction and self healing, Chaac's is about mass AoE CC silence. And no, chaac already has insane sustain. Do not underestimate Rain Dance. Late game it can out-heal Ao Kuang's tornadoes. I think it's fair to give him 30/35/40/45/50 damage reduction for his ult and keep the CC immunity. That's about it for chaac in my eyes.

You said "Do not underestimate Rain Dance". Then you go on to nerf his ult. What I feel.
If you think his heal is op, then nerf his heal!
If you think he has insane sustain, NERF HIS MANA COSTS THEN (or at least his heal/damage)! Your scaling for the damage reduction is absurd. 30% damage reduction is basically Loki using his cloak (not much of a damage reduction). At least give the man 50% damage reduction consistent within levels. The removal of his invincibility is already such a big nerf.
Funny thing is, Chacc's ult is not his most over-powered ability (in his kit). His damage on his 1 is really powerful early-mid game. Chacc's heal is really powerful too. After hearing that you put on a face and say in the most monotone of voices:" Oh gee, his one and 3 are really op and his invincibility on his ult is just the icing on the cake of op-ness... Lets nerf his ult!"
I think the word is contradictory. Anyway, please look outside the box, the box is see-through so you should have no trouble finding other faults about Chacc.

Moustashe

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }